+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

File tax

flame_twilight

Star Member
Aug 5, 2018
Hi everyone,

I have a few questions re. filing income tax and its impact on citizenship in the future.

- I'm the only person in the family who has income, should my wife file income tax together with me even she doesn't have income?

- Which month should I land so that I can be on time to file tax income before the time to file tax passes so that I can save time to apply for citizenship in the future?

Thank you all for your help.

Investocrat

Star Member
Jun 4, 2017
Winnipeg
You should both file your taxes as it will help to determine things like child benefits, HST/GST rebates, etc.

The deadline to file income tax returns for 2019 (to avoid penalties) is April 30, 2019. Self-employed individuals have until June 30th, however, they also must have paid any outstanding taxes by April 30th if they are to avoid late-filing penalties.

If you are just landing in Canada in 2019, you do not need to file a tax return for the 2018 tax year.

Reactions: flame_twilight

flame_twilight

Star Member
Aug 5, 2018
You should both file your taxes as it will help to determine things like child benefits, HST/GST rebates, etc.

The deadline to file income tax returns for 2019 (to avoid penalties) is April 30, 2019. Self-employed individuals have until June 30th, however, they also must have paid any outstanding taxes by April 30th if they are to avoid late-filing penalties.

If you are just landing in Canada in 2019, you do not need to file a tax return for the 2018 tax year.
Thank you investocrat