+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

File still in progress do not appear to Oath Ceremony (After receiving Invite)

Massimo

Dec 19, 2015
Hi Everyone,

CIC Office is Montreal
I Applied in May 2013
Received the RQ around March 2014
Did my interview and exam March 2015
Received Oath Ceremony invitation Dec 2015
One day before the Oath Ceremony, i received a missed call from a private number. they left me a voicemail saying my file is not ready and i shouldnt go to the ceremony...

What does this mean?
Will i receive a second RQ or get asked to appear in front of a judge?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Massimo said:
Hi Everyone,

CIC Office is Montreal
I Applied in May 2013
Received the RQ around March 2014
Did my interview and exam March 2015
Received Oath Ceremony invitation Dec 2015
One day before the Oath Ceremony, i received a missed call from a private number. they left me a voicemail saying my file is not ready and i shouldnt go to the ceremony...

What does this mean?
Will i receive a second RQ or get asked to appear in front of a judge?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Call the Call Center agents immediately to figure out details, who called you or somebody might have made a prank call.

Secondly, send letter by courier to your CIC local office stating that you had a voice mail and wanted to find out details.

If you dont get any satisfactory answer immediately, pretend you did not receive that call and go for Oath Ceremony than missing it. Mentally prepared that you might NOT be allowed but take a chance, what you have to lose.

Massimo

Dec 19, 2015
My oath is this monday at 8:15... the voice mail was left by an agent yesterday around 4pm but only heard it around 7pm, sounded legit but did not give name or badge number or phone number for call back...

biometrix

Oct 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Massimo said:
My oath is this monday at 8:15... the voice mail was left by an agent yesterday around 4pm but only heard it around 7pm, sounded legit but did not give name or badge number or phone number for call back...
Since you have your notice to appear, go for your oath ceremony.

e.chad

Jan 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Massimo said:
Go for oath ceremony tomorrow and see what they tell you, I cleared my test and interview in 2011 and was expecting the oath invite but
i had missed call from Private number (Only said calling from Cic judge office, nothing else) in 1 week i received full blown RQ which delayed my case till 2014 :(
But since you already given RQ, i am thinking it might be something non serious and they need some clarification. I would suggest take your
complete RQ package with you tomorrow.
Good luck and keep us posted

Below timeline is for my hubby case

e.chad

Jan 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Massimo said:
Did they let you take the oath?

Massimo

Dec 19, 2015
Hi everyone,

So i went to the ceremony, took a seat and waited for my name to be called, but it wasn't...
when everyone was called out, I asked one of the cic officers why my name wasn't called out, he told me that my file is still in process and i will be contacted for the next steps...

i had requested an atip report before getting the ceremony invite, just got it yesterday, it says that the decision was granted.

Can someone help me decipher this?

Activity Sub Activity Status
hearing Not Started
record hearing results Not Started
Schedule hearing Not Started
testing Hearing Required
record test results Hearing Required
Schedule test Complete

Does it mean that i will have a hearing with a judge? i read a lot about the subject on this forum but all i found is speculation...

Thanks y'all :)