24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
Hello,
could you please advise, what is the difference between a file number and a client number? And when it is assigned - on the first stage, I mean when they receive documents in Mississauga, or later, when the file is transferred to the local Visa Office?
thank you

wawaprince

Star Member
Mar 27, 2009
A client ID number is a reference that Immigration Canada will assign to the sponsors application, by using this reference on their website, the sponsor will be able to verify the status of the sponsorship & also the progress of your immigration application once it reaches the visa office.

It is the reference that the sponsor or the applicant must use, when communicating with immigration Canada about the sponsorship, & it is also attached to any dependent secondary processing such as "immigration application forwarded to a visa office"

All application that are processed inside Canada ex: (sponsorship part, student authorization, work permit) that uses that OLD BROWN document contains a client-ID. A client ID is also the reference to provide when paying the fees using the Pink IN-CANADA immigration receipt, if a client ID has been assigned already.
Remark: the sponsor can also use any of the receipt numbers used to pay the fees of the application, to verify the overall status Sponsorship+immigration using the E-Cas from immigration Canada. But remember that you have to enter the sponsor's information to verify your identity, since the sponsor is the CLient, ... the sponsor is also the persone hat must pay the Permanent residency fee.

An immigration file number is the reference given by the visa office processing the immigration part of your application, & it usually starts with B followed by 9 numbers. it is only for communicating with immigration Canada with the person who is being sponsored.

When using this in the website to check the status of the application, you must provide the complementary details of the person who is being sponsored (ex: date of birth, names, country of birth) .. & this will only show the 2nd immigration part that is processed at the visa office responsible of your country or Application.

Good luck.

sunderpulla

Jul 15, 2020
Dear Sir,
I got letter like this to pay me visa application fee. Is it true or fake.
Please reply me.

CITIZENSHIP AND IMMIGRATION CANADA REF NO: CPCIMV /7493/1864
Wednesday, July 15, 2020

FILE NO: IMV/7384/2739-134

APPLICATION & DOCUMENTS APPROVAL NOTIFICATION

Dear Pulla Sunder Raj,

Greetings from the Citizenship And Immigration Services Canada.
We are pleased to inform you that your application for Employment Based Entry Visa Class with passport number (S1072498) belonging to (Pulla Sunder Raj) the primary applicant, has been approved here in our office to work with Pat Dam Construction Ltd. (Mr. Wilson A. Clarence) in High Skilled Worker Class in Canada.
You are to make the payment for your visa fee the sum of $350 Equivalent to 26,305 INR (Twenty Six Thousand, Three Hundred And Five Rupees Only). You will be sent a scanned copy of the payment receipt for your confirmation after which your payment as been received.

Regards

SIR. NADIR PATEL
Canada High Commissioner Head Visa Application Center

CITIZENSHIP AND IMMIGRATION CANADA

muscletech

May 26, 2020
App. Filed.......
24-02-2020
AOR Received.
10-03-2020
Dear Sir,
I got letter like this to pay me visa application fee. Is it true or fake.
Please reply me.

CITIZENSHIP AND IMMIGRATION CANADA REF NO: CPCIMV /7493/1864
Wednesday, July 15, 2020

FILE NO: IMV/7384/2739-134

APPLICATION & DOCUMENTS APPROVAL NOTIFICATION

Dear Pulla Sunder Raj,

Greetings from the Citizenship And Immigration Services Canada.
We are pleased to inform you that your application for Employment Based Entry Visa Class with passport number (S1072498) belonging to (Pulla Sunder Raj) the primary applicant, has been approved here in our office to work with Pat Dam Construction Ltd. (Mr. Wilson A. Clarence) in High Skilled Worker Class in Canada.
You are to make the payment for your visa fee the sum of $350 Equivalent to 26,305 INR (Twenty Six Thousand, Three Hundred And Five Rupees Only). You will be sent a scanned copy of the payment receipt for your confirmation after which your payment as been received.

Regards

SIR. NADIR PATEL
Canada High Commissioner Head Visa Application Center

CITIZENSHIP AND IMMIGRATION CANADA
1. Not sure why would Nadir Patel (High Commissioner for Canada to India) would directly email you to pay any fees.
2. What is sender email address?