+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

File lodged on 2nd Feb 22 and still no update. Students from March are even getting their PPRs!! Help

May 16, 2021
File Lodged: 2nd Feb 2022
Biometric : 7th Feb 2022
Medical: 28th Feb 2022

I lodged my file for Fall 22 and although I can see student who submitted their files in Mid and end of Feb, March getting their PPRs, there has been no response on my file. What should I do now?

Should I raise webform or contact ircc over call? Or I should simply wait? Please help

sihan

Star Member
Jul 3, 2021
File Lodged: 2nd Feb 2022
Biometric : 7th Feb 2022
Medical: 28th Feb 2022

I lodged my file for Fall 22 and although I can see student who submitted their files in Mid and end of Feb, March getting their PPRs, there has been no response on my file. What should I do now?

Should I raise webform or contact ircc over call? Or I should simply wait? Please help
I applied in Feb and received no further update as well.
You should raise a web form like I did, since it has passed their normal processing time by now.

But i'm not sure calling IRCC will work since you are not doing so within Canada, they might not entertain it.

sihan

Star Member
Jul 3, 2021
I somehow feel that the amount of study permits, work permits, PR applications are divided among a group of visa officers.
How fast your application gets processed really depends on whether how fast the visa officer does it.

If your application happens to land in the backlog of someone whos slow, someone who takes long vacation time, someone who takes regular sick leave, naturally your application will be sitting there until the person catches up with their work.

That seems to me as the most plausible answer as to why some fellas apply later, yet they receive their PPR earlier, vs those of us who had applied earlier, are still kept in limbo until today.

Reactions: Joseph0413

itsmecan

Jun 10, 2021
IRCC is messed up real bad and has over 2M backlogs across all applications. Raising a web form will not help at all. All you can do is wait.

sihan

Star Member
Jul 3, 2021
IRCC is messed up real bad and has over 2M backlogs across all applications. Raising a web form will not help at all. All you can do is wait.
With the recent Good Friday weekend, I have no doubt that their backlog will be stacked up, but I never imagine it to be this bad.
I fail to understand why the Canada govt will only have a skeletal workforce managing that huge amount of applications.

It sounds like there is an deliberate notion to keep the process as slow and as excruciating as possible, so that the value of the visa permits are artificially inflated.

End up many applicants like me suffer a long, endless wait.
The only comforting thing to know, is that I am not the only one waiting here.

Reactions: lokidoki

itsmecan

Jun 10, 2021
With the recent Good Friday weekend, I have no doubt that their backlog will be stacked up, but I never imagine it to be this bad.
I fail to understand why the Canada govt will only have a skeletal workforce managing that huge amount of applications.

It sounds like there is an deliberate notion to keep the process as slow and as excruciating as possible, so that the value of the visa permits are artificially inflated.

End up many applicants like me suffer a long, endless wait.
The only comforting thing to know, is that I am not the only one waiting here.
Hate to break it buddy but this is not just IRCC but everything in Canada is very slow and laid back. I have friends and relative who have to wait for months to even have a registered GP, public schools/colleges/banks everything takes weeks to months to process simple things. It's just how things are over there. They are fully aware of the problem but won't do much.

sihan

Star Member
Jul 3, 2021
Hate to break it buddy but this is not just IRCC but everything in Canada is very slow and laid back. I have friends and relative who have to wait for months to even have a registered GP, public schools/colleges/banks everything takes weeks to months to process simple things. It's just how things are over there. They are fully aware of the problem but won't do much.
I know.
I am aware of the long waits for stuff.
I dun necessarily consider it as a 'problem'.
I've stayed in Japan, Malaysia, Thailand and Philippines previously and they have a lot of BS of their own as well.

I am sick and tired of the cut-throat, high stress, cramped up, long working hours environment that I'm in.
If Canada offers a more chilled out way to live, why not?
It is exactly this laid back lifestyle there that is a pull factor for me.

But of course, it will suck if its gonna take me ages to see a doctor or a dentist.

itsmecan

Jun 10, 2021
I know.
I am aware of the long waits for stuff.
I dun necessarily consider it as a 'problem'.
I've stayed in Japan, Malaysia, Thailand and Philippines previously and they have a lot of BS of their own as well.

I am sick and tired of the cut-throat, high stress, cramped up, long working hours environment that I'm in.
If Canada offers a more chilled out way to live, why not?
It is exactly this laid back lifestyle there that is a pull factor for me.

But of course, it will suck if its gonna take me ages to see a doctor or a dentist.
Canada has long working hours and only 7 days to 15 days a year in vacation days. The problem is not working hours but rather efficiency that's lacking. If you want laid back or rather a proper work/life balance then you should look at Europe.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada has long working hours and only 7 days to 15 days a year in vacation days. The problem is not working hours but rather efficiency that's lacking. If you want laid back or rather a proper work/life balance then you should look at Europe.
Lol that's not true I get 28 days off excluding holidays. Depends on your job and company

itsmecan

Jun 10, 2021
Lol that's not true I get 28 days off excluding holidays. Depends on your job and company
You must be having a really good job :D Most people I know get very few vacation days. If you let companies decide on leave days offcourse most of them would keep them to minimum.

sihan

Star Member
Jul 3, 2021
Well, for one, Europe aint as easy to migrate to as Canada is.

In Japan, they only give 10 days a year for work leave, which cannot be more pathetic than anything.

Canada practices an increment policy for work leave in terms of how many consecutive years you have worked, this leave increment framework is pretty much non-existent in my home country unless you are promoted to senior management and are given a new work contract with better leave entitlement.

Canada has almost twice as many public holidays as what my home country provides.

As long as Canada does not fall under a 'Top 10 Worst Cities' list, which my home country incessantly belong to, that is already good enough for me.

itsmecan

Jun 10, 2021
Well, for one, Europe aint as easy to migrate to as Canada is.

In Japan, they only give 10 days a year for work leave, which cannot be more pathetic than anything.

Canada practices an increment policy for work leave in terms of how many consecutive years you have worked, this leave increment framework is pretty much non-existent in my home country unless you are promoted to senior management and are given a new work contract with better leave entitlement.

Canada has almost twice as many public holidays as what my home country provides.

As long as Canada does not fall under a 'Top 10 Worst Cities' list, which my home country incessantly belong to, that is already good enough for me.
In that case, absolutely. All the best buddy.

May 16, 2021
I applied in Feb and received no further update as well.
You should raise a web form like I did, since it has passed their normal processing time by now.

But i'm not sure calling IRCC will work since you are not doing so within Canada, they might not entertain it.
Did you receive any update on your file?

Its been officially 120 days for me since I filed my Study visa Application. I don't even know what to do as my classes starts this Fall intake.