+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

File has been transferred to Etobicoke

smily_k

Sep 22, 2023
After medical and biometrics I got a letter that my file has been transferred to Etobicoke. it is the general processing system or it means a long delay in processing.? Please guide me. Thanks

"This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.

Please be advised that your application has been transferred to a Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office in Etobicoke for further assessment. The Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office may contact you for an interview or to seek additional information or clarification. That office will make a final decision on your APR and communicate to you its decision".

Last edited:

teodinho

Star Member
Nov 15, 2022
I think only IRCC has the best answer to this.
Also, I'd count this as a major plus/win, because the Etobicoke office is so far the best processing office once you are at the final stages of your application.

Last edited:

smily_k

Sep 22, 2023
I think only IRCC might have the best answer to this.
Also, I'd count this as a major plus/win, because the Etobicoke office is so far the best processing office once you are at the final stages of your application.
Thanks for the information

Reactions: teodinho

Badge1

Star Member
May 3, 2023
I think only IRCC has the best answer to this.
@teodinho @smily_k

Isn't Etobicoke Office is the one processing non-routine applications, meaning it will take time and more scrutinization to your applicaiton (ADR, Interviews and etc), that is why if your application is transferred to this office, it goes to further review and assessment? A friend of mine's application was sent to Etobicoke and they're waiting for more than 20 months now and still haven't heard from them.

teodinho

Star Member
Nov 15, 2022
@teodinho @smily_k

Isn't Etobicoke Office is the one processing non-routine applications, meaning it will take time and more scrutinization to your applicaiton (ADR, Interviews and etc), that is why if your application is transferred to this office, it goes to further review and assessment? A friend of mine's application was sent to Etobicoke and they're waiting for more than 20 months now and still haven't heard from them.
That is crazy! From my observations, applications that are in their final stages, when transferred to that office, it doesn't take long (compared to other offices especially Montreal) before the applicants hear back from them.

I am not sure how quick they are with applications on other stages.

Reactions: smily_k

smily_k

Sep 22, 2023
That is crazy! From my observations, applications that are in their final stages, when transferred to that office, it doesn't take long (compared to other offices especially Montreal) before the applicants hear back from them.

I am not sure how quick they are with applications on other stages.
Thanks for the information

smily_k

Sep 22, 2023
@teodinho @smily_k

Was it a family class spouse application?

Mar 30, 2023
My file was transferred from Etobicoke to Winnipeg as a primary office after the medical has passed. Any idea why it happened? Thanks in advance

Jack Williams

Sep 28, 2019
My file was processing Ottawa.
Was apply August 22
Medical request NOV3
Jun asking online interview.
Thay do not take on date
Julay I got mail file transfer etobicoke ircc.
Asking MP thay said soon thay take interview.
Any one know what happened next.

raj44ca

Sep 27, 2023
My file was processing Ottawa.
Was apply August 22
Medical request NOV3
Jun asking online interview.
Thay do not take on date
Julay I got mail file transfer etobicoke ircc.
Asking MP thay said soon thay take interview.
Any one know what happened next.

What's your timeline what was your last email from ircc

colgate1

Star Member
Jul 1, 2023
Is it bad if your file transferred to Etobicoke?

I figured most Toronto applicants are processed by that office.

Thanks