+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

File being reviewed by outside agencies?!

kassemm2

May 16, 2017
Hi,
I applied for Study Permit online on March 29. The normal processing time for Lebanon according to IRCC is 6 weeks; however, it has been 8 weeks now. I contacted embassy in Beirut who referred me to Ankara's office where online applications are processed there as per their say. I received the following response:

Dear Applicant

Thank you for your e-mail enquiry regarding your application for a temporary visitor/study/work visa.

Your application is still under review – Please note that this review is being done by outside agencies and hence, we do not control the processing time and are unable to expedite the file. As soon as the review is completed, we will be notified immediately and action the file for next steps.

We do understand the situation but kindly request your patience in this matter.

Thank you for your understanding.

What does this mean? Should I loose hope knowing that im in the 9th week now? I did upfront medical prior to online applications and uploaded all documents online. Should I withdraw the application and maybe submit a paper based application through VFS? This is frustrating.

MozyMozy

Star Member
Jul 19, 2017
Hi,
I applied for Study Permit online on March 29. The normal processing time for Lebanon according to IRCC is 6 weeks; however, it has been 8 weeks now. I contacted embassy in Beirut who referred me to Ankara's office where online applications are processed there as per their say. I received the following response:

Dear Applicant

Thank you for your e-mail enquiry regarding your application for a temporary visitor/study/work visa.

Your application is still under review – Please note that this review is being done by outside agencies and hence, we do not control the processing time and are unable to expedite the file. As soon as the review is completed, we will be notified immediately and action the file for next steps.

What does this mean? Should I loose hope knowing that im in the 9th week now? I did upfront medical prior to online applications and uploaded all documents online. Should I withdraw the application and maybe submit a paper based application through VFS? This is frustrating.

Hello My Friend, I have the same issue, plz let me know how long it takes to get the decision and what was the decision

MozyMozy

Star Member
Jul 19, 2017
Hi,

Dear Applicant

Is there any update on your application?