+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fifth & Sixth Draw. Expecting 320+ score will get ITA

Alwin KJ

Aug 15, 2012
I support what the Lion opines...

Achieving above 480-500 points is possible but rare exception. Under normal circumstance by which I mean, an applicant who doesn't have French knowledge and Canadian experience could score maximum 498 points only. The majority of applicants are in 350-450 range. The cut off points will definitely come down in the future draws. It could go as low as 350, going further than this is also possible, but not certain.

kristelgen

Star Member
May 1, 2012
PHILIPPINES
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
MANILA
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
JUNE 14 2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
I definitely agree with you alwin KJ! May I know your score?

mr.accounters

Jan 28, 2015
I tend to disagree here.
I have 470+ points.
People who have done MBA and are single/ separated/ divorced and below age of 29 and have score good in IELTS would definitely have score above 450.
And that number will not be less.

Agreed that majority is in bw 350-450 but 450+ is also a huge chunk. A chunk that i believe cannot be exhausted in 1 draw. It would need 2-3 draws if they select about 2k-3k people in each of the draws.

2niharika

Feb 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mr.accounters said:
I tend to disagree here.
I have 470+ points.
People who have done MBA and are single/ separated/ divorced and below age of 29 and have score good in IELTS would definitely have score above 450.
And that number will not be less.

Agreed that majority is in bw 350-450 but 450+ is also a huge chunk. A chunk that i believe cannot be exhausted in 1 draw. It would need 2-3 draws if they select about 2k-3k people in each of the draws.

Yes

Singalingali

Jan 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
the_lion said:
Close to 550, although possible, its a rare combo. You would need to have immaculate bilingual skills, atleast a post grad degree and a few years of exp. However, as soon as a person is close to achieving that, his age score drops. Most of them get married etc. So, you have to be standing on that thin golden line in your life which not a lot can do.
furthermore, comming above 500 would be hard for non bilinguals. tons of people atleast in this forum are not very keen on learning french.

And tgere are people, who know a bit of french, but never got tested becoz you could get away with just ielts in the last CEC program.

Hence i believe that anybody above even 480 would be less than 2% of the entire pool.

your thoughts??!!
I think it is pointless to start to learn French now just to increase your score by a few points. I grew up in an English speaking country and I am used to the English language. I found the IELTS test really technical. You really have to understand the use of English, the temperament of the language as well as popular culture. If one was tested in French language to the same high degree of the IELTS test, it would be a struggle to get a good score. This is the reason I'm not keen on investing in learning the French language just so that I can gamble with the test.

kalyangriet

Aug 26, 2014
No news on 5th draw yet, waiting with patience. But as most of them have mentioned, even i did receive an email from CIC that my EE profile has been updated and i had my fingers crossed while opening my EE profile to check the status but later i was disappointed to see nothing has actually changed. Not sure how an email was triggered when there was no change to the profile.

the_lion

May 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree, Singalingali. it might be pointless to start learning French if you dont know it. Also, by the time you're done being pro at it, the Score would anyways come down to touch your profile.
Although, if you know basic french and have a little bit of time, French exam is at all a bad option. Furthermore, you can also try for Quebec Immigration (getting a CSQ) if you have good TEF Scores.

kringles72

Star Member
Dec 20, 2014
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2014
Got 415 points. Hope we can receive the ITA.
Good luck everyone.

pakimom

Aug 5, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2017
I have 385 points - do i possibly stand any chance of getting selected?

jassu2

Star Member
Jul 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i personally believe that there would be lots of candidates with 450+ points.. i mean just think abt the number of humans mostly in third world/developing countries who want to migrate to developed countries..
though canada has gotten tight.. but lets be frank its still better than trying for australia, US or UK.. europe is a mess..
to think of it.. US and UK aint better..

so if there r lets say only 6k-8k ppl with 450+, that means i seriously over estimate the current profiles.. i get 426 points.. minus french, minus MBA and am 30 years old.. but ya high level of english is a big help..

having said all this.. i live in dubai and have been to 3 different big immigration consultants here.. they have said me that its very hard to find candidates who even touch 400.. so maybe at end the day i m over estimating the people in pool..

katja2684

Jan 31, 2015
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have IELTS 8.5 + 1 year Canadian experience + 1 year foreign experience + bachelor's degree + 31 years old = 471 points.
What really helped me is the IELTS.

mrwait

Nov 28, 2014
katja2684 said:
I have IELTS 8.5 + 1 year Canadian experience + 1 year foreign experience + bachelor's degree + 31 years old = 471 points.
I am surprised to see your score , its amaizing good for you. Well when is the next draw going to be. Probably CIC wants to run the draw only when they have enough people who hav high score..may be above 700. This system is just ridiculous.....

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
katja2684 said:
Wow, that's great. I have IELTS 9, 1 year Canadian experience, 10 years foreign experience, bachelor's degree, 34 years old, with a partner who has IELTS 9, bachelor's degree, is a grad student at a Canadian school, 32 years old, and we are only at 466.