+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Field of Study (under Education History) for EE Profile

beemir

Star Member
Apr 26, 2015
Hi all,

A quick question for you seasoned veterans...

I've got two fields of study I am not sure what to classify under. Both are Canadian degrees. They are:

1. Bachelor of Computer Science (given by the Faculty of Science)
2. Bachelor of Arts - Psychology with a minor in History

I'm not sure whether to choose Applied Sciences or Computing/Information Technology for 1, and for number 2 one of the sciences or General Arts or what?

Can anyone with experience chime in on what the correct Field of Study should be for both? Thanks in advance.

Ps - these forums have been a HUGE help, I see the regulars helping time and time again. I hope to be helpful like that one of these days.

karthik2479

Apr 19, 2017
I think your choices are fine (General Arts for 2 and Computing for 1) - would not worry too much about them - what really matters is the degree and ECA

beemir

Star Member
Apr 26, 2015
They're both Canadian degrees so an ECA is not required. However, I am not sure why some people have chosen Applied Sciences for Computer Science and others have chosen Computing/Information Technology.

Afaque Khan

May 20, 2017
Canadian Degree holders are exempted from ECA requirement... So No Need for that... Further for choosing Correct field of studies try WES FREE Equivalency Tool... That might clear some questions...