+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FIANCÉE IS PREGNANT AND DUE NEXT WEEK BUT CAN’T TRAVEL TO CANADA

Lilyyyy

May 20, 2020
Hello, I have applied online for a TRV on March 28, 2020. And I read that there are new rules for travelling to canada. the thing is my fiancée is pregnant and is due in a week, I can’t seem to prove that I am her partner since we are not legally married and canada only allows immediate family. Should I just wait for the travel ban to be lifted, or email ircc to prove that I am travelling essentially and not for tourism purposes.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello, I have applied online for a TRV on March 28, 2020. And I read that there are new rules for travelling to canada. the thing is my fiancée is pregnant and is due in a week, I can’t seem to prove that I am her partner since we are not legally married and canada only allows immediate family. Should I just wait for the travel ban to be lifted, or email ircc to prove that I am travelling essentially and not for tourism purposes.
Yes, you'll most likely need to wait for the travel ban to be lifted before you will be able to travel.

You will also need the TRV to be approved in order to be able to board a plane and come to Canada. Even if you could be recognized as immediate family and prove your travel is essential, you would still need an approved TRV to get on a plane right now.

Without being either married or common law (meaning you can prove you have lived together continuously for at least one full year), I don't think you'll be able to board a plane until after the ban has been lifted. And, as said, you need the approved TRV.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You also need to plan for 14 days of quarantine. Staying with a newborn would likely be considered a vulnerable person so you would need to wait 14 days before seeing the baby.

Reactions: Lilyyyy

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
she would not be allowed to board the plane because of her pregnancy. So yes it is best for her to stay in her home country and deliver there.
If she is not your common law, she would be considered as much as nobody to you (a friend is in these days nobody). And traveling visiting a friend is considered tourism and not essential. And no it is not essential to give birth in Canada for that matter. That child will either be Canadian anyway (if you are Canadian and you are not first generation born abroad) or it could be sponsored by you (if you are first generation born abroad or you are only PR) or none of those.

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
she would not be allowed to board the plane because of her pregnancy. So yes it is best for her to stay in her home country and deliver there.
If she is not your common law, she would be considered as much as nobody to you (a friend is in these days nobody). And traveling visiting a friend is considered tourism and not essential. And no it is not essential to give birth in Canada for that matter. That child will either be Canadian anyway (if you are Canadian and you are not first generation born abroad) or it could be sponsored by you (if you are first generation born abroad or you are only PR) or none of those.
OP is the baby daddy, trying to travel to Canada - not the other way around.

Lilyyyy

May 20, 2020
Thanks so much for your answers. It’s really sad I can’t be with her during this time. :( Keep safe y’all