+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Few Questions....

Dude29

Star Member
Dec 23, 2019
Hey,

Got some questions regarding Spousal Sponsorship as I am about to submit my application by end of next week.

-- My spouse is currently living in India but she lived in New Zealand for few years as a Student/Worker. So she will be requiring PCC from both NZ and India. The question I have is that both India and NZ are providing us with original digital copies of the PCC, will this be ok for the application or do we actually need the original hard copies from them?

-- I have gathered all of our text messages but it's a mixture of English, Hindi and Punjabi. Do you guys think I still need to translate all of the text messages in English?

-- We got married in Delhi, India recently and applied for marriage certificate and we received the digital copy of the certificate with digitally signed by the SDM. Apparently this is how Delhi gives out the marriage certificate now a days, has anyone received this marriage certificate who got married recently? Will this digital copy of the marriage certificate be ok?

Thanks,
Dude29

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
I don't know about the digital PCCs.

If you intend to use the text messages as proof of communication, you must have them translated.

Don't know about digital marriage certificate. You don't need to submit originals.

hilkat

Star Member
Feb 12, 2020
Hey,

Got some questions regarding Spousal Sponsorship as I am about to submit my application by end of next week.

-- My spouse is currently living in India but she lived in New Zealand for few years as a Student/Worker. So she will be requiring PCC from both NZ and India. The question I have is that both India and NZ are providing us with original digital copies of the PCC, will this be ok for the application or do we actually need the original hard copies from them?

-- I have gathered all of our text messages but it's a mixture of English, Hindi and Punjabi. Do you guys think I still need to translate all of the text messages in English?

-- We got married in Delhi, India recently and applied for marriage certificate and we received the digital copy of the certificate with digitally signed by the SDM. Apparently this is how Delhi gives out the marriage certificate now a days, has anyone received this marriage certificate who got married recently? Will this digital copy of the marriage certificate be ok?

Thanks,
Dude29
Unfortunately my immigration consultant told me that the only digital copies of police certificates that are accepted are from the US.

AutumnSkies

May 31, 2019
Hey,

Thanks,
Dude29
I can’t speak for India but my husband is from New Zealand and when he did it online to receive his PCC, he received a digital copy via email and they sent him a paper copy to our Canadian address, which we sent in with our application.

Garry21

Apr 25, 2018
Hey,

Thanks,
Dude29
I think digital copy should be good enough. Make sure to print them and include with your application.

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
I think digital copy should be good enough. Make sure to print them and include with your application.
Not sure. That's one of the main things that say original Police Record in the manual... But I don't know for India.

Dude29

Star Member
Dec 23, 2019
Not sure. That's one of the main things that say original Police Record in the manual... But I don't know for India.
The Police Authority in both the countries are giving original copies but digitally. I feel like even if they sent me a hard copy it will just be print out of the digital copies.

Not sure who to ask about this. Need to sort this out before I submit the application.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
The Police Authority in both the countries are giving original copies but digitally. I feel like even if they sent me a hard copy it will just be print out of the digital copies.

Not sure who to ask about this. Need to sort this out before I submit the application.
Our police certificate (different country though) was also digital. We printed it and submitted, no problems (so far). If you feel necessary you can include a short explanatory note that the certificates are now provided only in digital form.

Note though I can't say for certain with respect to your specific case/country, just noting that this approach seems to have worked for us so far.

Last edited:

AutumnSkies

May 31, 2019

The NZ hard copy we received looked like a print out of the digital one. We sent it just to be on the safe side but it does look the same.

No problems for us. Application went through just fine.

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
By the way, where does it exactly say that Original Police Record is required?
I was reading some more. Your Digital copy printed should be fine. Its a print of the original as said above.

Reactions: Dude29

Dude29

Star Member
Dec 23, 2019
One more question:

-- How do you guys label your supporting documents? How do they know which supporting document is for who?

Thanks.

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
One more question:

-- How do you guys label your supporting documents? How do they know which supporting document is for who?

Thanks.
I never labeled mine. They have our names on them I guess. Two separate piles put together lol. Don't overthink it. just make sure everything is in the same envelope. Put a sticky note if you want. I used paperclips and just put everything in order.

Dude29

Star Member
Dec 23, 2019
Hey CanadaVisa.com,

Couple of questions to add to this thread. Thanks for all of your hard work to keep the spirits going high in these tough times.

Just some background, I submitted my application in March of this year without submitting my spouse's Police Clearance Certificate because of COVID-19/20 measures.

- Will I get AOR1 (whenever that is) even though PCC is not there? Or will they wait for me to submit PCC first?
- Does CPC Sydney actually look at PCC or just Sponsor's documentation?

Thanks.