+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

few questions

jordan30

Nov 10, 2009
1 . in the application at the undertaking IMM1344 about the family name b4 marriage, do i have to leave it blank, write N\A because it is the same as current, or write the name that I wrote above?
2. PART A 8 a) - Date of marriage? I got married in 2007 and divorced a few months later, then I married the same person in 2009. Which date of marriage do I enter? Also, when do they consider the date the relationship started? (when we met in person, met online, or married?)

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
1) always put n/a rather than leaving a space blank
2) there is a distinction made in the sponsor's and applicant's questionnaire between your "first contact" and first "in person" meeting. As far as the marriage date - you're going to have to be sure to disclose that you married, divorced and then re-married each other again, and be prepared to submit even stronger proof of your genuine relationship than you might normally. The divorce and remarriage will be a huge red-flag for the possibility that the relationship is only about the applicant getting status in Canada. Be sure you are very forthright about the circumstances of your break-up and reconciliation with the mindset that they're going to be suspicious. That's why it's especially important that you're completely honest about the whole thing going in - otherwise, they'll think you tried to hide it and that will make it even harder to disprove that you only remarried to facilitate entry to Canada.

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
1. if ur a guy, then write N/A or the same name as above. dont leave any places blank.

2. put ur recent date of marriage. later there are questions about ur previous marriages. thats where u tell about ur previous marriage.

jordan30

Nov 10, 2009
Thanks guys for your responses. If you don't mind, I have a few more questions about Form IMM 1344.

1. Section A #9 - "Have you previously been married, etc.?" I was previously married in May 2007 then divorced in October 2007 to my current spouse. For "type of relationship" I checked "spouse", but I am confused about what they want for the dates "From ____ to _____?"
Do they mean the date of our 1st marriage and divorce or when we met online/in person?

2. Section E #4 - "Do you reside in Canada and no other country?" The sponsor traveled to Jordan for marriage. Before leaving Canada, she had no clear intention of her plans when she would be returning home. She has now been in Jordan for 8 months and intends to stay until the sponsorship process is finished. Is she considered to be living exclusively outside Canada even though this wasn't her intention?

3. Section A #5 & 6 - She is unsure what to write for her mailing address and residential address.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.