+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Few questions while submitting express entry profile

SP4844

Jul 17, 2016
Hello all,

I completed my masters in May 2012. Got my degree awarded late from University in 2014. I started my job immediately after my masters that is in June 2012 only.

While filling out express entry profile, I came across below questions. Please help:

1. If the "primary occupation" is:
a qualified trade (four-digit code begins with 632, 633, 72, 73, 82, 92), this is the date they became qualified to practice on their own in Canada. (For example, when they moved from apprentice to being a licensed tradesperson.)

any other job, this is the date they first obtained the minimum education or training stated in the NOC description. (Note: if the NOC only states high school, this is the date they graduated.)

==> What should I answer to this question. Should I answer May 2012 ?

2. Have you checked to see if your education and work experience in your primary occupation would be accepted in Canada? (required)

With whom did you check? Mark all that apply. (required)

Employer when I applied for a job

Work-related or professional organization

School

Friend/relative/host/sponsor

Immigration or visa officer

A federal or provincial government department or service

An immigration lawyer or consultant

An organization that provides settlement or immigrant employment services

Some jobs are regulated in Canada. You would need a license or certification to practice these jobs. Do you know if your primary occupation or trade is regulated? (required)

==> Should I select that I got my education checked from Work-related or professional organization in drop down i.e. WES from whom I got my ECA.
==> Also what should I mention my job is regulated in Canada.My Noc code would be university professor and Lecturer i.e. 4011.

Thank you all in advance. Kindly help please

skape7

Apr 24, 2017
Hello all,

I completed my masters in May 2012. Got my degree awarded late from University in 2014. I started my job immediately after my masters that is in June 2012 only.

While filling out express entry profile, I came across below questions. Please help:

1. If the "primary occupation" is:
a qualified trade (four-digit code begins with 632, 633, 72, 73, 82, 92), this is the date they became qualified to practice on their own in Canada. (For example, when they moved from apprentice to being a licensed tradesperson.)

any other job, this is the date they first obtained the minimum education or training stated in the NOC description. (Note: if the NOC only states high school, this is the date they graduated.)

==> What should I answer to this question. Should I answer May 2012 ?
What NOC are you applying under? Is it a Skilled 'Trade' with any of the NOC's listed?
If not, then this question does not apply to you.

2. Have you checked to see if your education and work experience in your primary occupation would be accepted in Canada? (required)
With whom did you check? Mark all that apply. (required)

Employer when I applied for a job
Work-related or professional organization
School
Friend/relative/host/sponsor
Immigration or visa officer
A federal or provincial government department or service
An immigration lawyer or consultant
An organization that provides settlement or immigrant employment services

Some jobs are regulated in Canada. You would need a license or certification to practice these jobs. Do you know if your primary occupation or trade is regulated? (required)

==> Should I select that I got my education checked from Work-related or professional organization in drop down i.e. WES from whom I got my ECA.
==> Also what should I mention my job is regulated in Canada.My Noc code would be university professor and Lecturer i.e. 4011.

Thank you all in advance. Kindly help please
This question really has no technical bearing on your application and I believe it is for their data collection purposes.
WES is an agency that independently assesses educational credentials, and no - this question does not pertain to it.
For ex, say you are a Doctor, then you would know that your profession is a regulated profession. Hence, the question is whether you made any efforts to contact the regulating body (Medical Council of Canada, in this case) to ascertain if your foreign credentials are accepted in Canada.

SP4844

Jul 17, 2016
What NOC are you applying under? Is it a Skilled 'Trade' with any of the NOC's listed?
If not, then this question does not apply to you.

This question really has no technical bearing on your application and I believe it is for their data collection purposes.
WES is an agency that independently assesses educational credentials, and no - this question does not pertain to it.
For ex, say you are a Doctor, then you would know that your profession is a regulated profession. Hence, the question is whether you made any efforts to contact the regulating body (Medical Council of Canada, in this case) to ascertain if your foreign credentials are accepted in Canada.
Thank you so much for reply.

For 1st question, I think it is skilled trade as I am applying for 4011 i.e. University lecturer and professor. So don't know whether to select when last semester mark sheet got issued or last exam got scheduled or when degree was awarded

Also, to the 2nd question, I really don't know what to answer as that is a mandatory question.

Please share thoughts.

Last edited: