+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Few Questions, then my application is finally done!

stevedominic

Star Member
Mar 11, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2010
Doc's Request.
01-10-2010
AOR Received.
18-08-2010
Passport Req..
08-09-2010
Finally putting everything the last bits together tonight, when I realized i DID forget/or mis-read something.

I assumed that the option C was my NOA, but now i have to call to order it!! :mad:

The questions I have are as follows:

1) Can I get this Option C print out in an office? Looks like the Front St. Toronto location is closed for G20 this week- any other options to expedite?

2) I realized that the Supplement to Schedule 1 - Background Info was not signed :(... I didnt see this on any of the checklists! Unless I've been working so long on this, my eyes are glazed over!.. I ASSUME this is necessary..... are there any other forms NOT on any of the checklists that I may have missed?

3) How does everyone put in their supportive material - photocopies, emails etc.. all together? Stapled?

4) Are you allowed writing anything to explain things on any of the photocopies (supportive stuff)

5) Can I write anything or who is who on the back of the pictures that I submit?

6) the very first form - 1344A - page 3 - question 6. My wife is from and lives in Guatemala - I put her address there in A). I do NOT understand if I need B or C. She will be applying in Guatemala - should I leave B) and C) blank?

THANK YOU ALL for any help.. and if I can answer these, and do a quick fix, then I can join the thread about sending the application out in JUNE!!!

Good luck all!

I

iarblue

Just call the tax office ask them to send you an option C printout it will be mailed to you in 5 business days.
Dont staple anything,just put it together.You can include papers to explain anything you like.And yes you can put names and descriptions on the back of your photos.

I

iarblue

answer no to B and C and in A you fill in where she resides(lives)Guatemala.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
stevedominic said:
3) How does everyone put in their supportive material - photocopies, emails etc.. all together? Stapled?
There are lots of threads on this. Some have stapled, some haven't. If there are a lot of pages, I wouldn't staple them all together. Just try to make everything as easy to understand as possible. Put the supporting documents in some order and put an index at the front listing everything you have included. You can number the pages, or put tabs on each section. So your index or table of contents could look like this:
1. pages 1 - 15 Phone bills showing calls I made to my wife in Guatemala.
2. pages 16 - 19 My inbox showing all the emails I sent to her.
3. pages 20 - 22 Her inbox
4. pages 23 - 45 A selection of emails.

Or:
Tab 1: phone bills
Tab 2: My inbox ...
4) Are you allowed writing anything to explain things on any of the photocopies (supportive stuff)

5) Can I write anything or who is who on the back of the pictures that I submit?
Yes, you can write on the photocopies to explain what something is or why it is evidence of your relationship. You can write on the back of the photos, or put the photos in a Word document and write the explanations right next to the photos. One person got her photos printed with a margin and wrote the explanation on this margin.
6) the very first form - 1344A - page 3 - question 6. My wife is from and lives in Guatemala - I put her address there in A). I do NOT understand if I need B or C. She will be applying in Guatemala - should I leave B) and C) blank?
Leave 6. b and c blank.

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
1) Can I get this Option C print out in an office? Looks like the Front St. Toronto location is closed for G20 this week- any other options to expedite?

There is no way to expedite the request. I also went to the office because someone here said I could just go and pick it up. When I went to reception at the Revenue office I was shown the in house phone cubicles. Save yourself a trip and call from home.

michaelab

May 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2010
AOR Received.
3-09-2010
File Transfer...
27-07-2010 (to Detroit 15/09/10)
Med's Done....
27-05-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
15-10-2010 (arrived 01-11-2010)
LANDED..........
23-12-2010
stevedominic said:
Finally putting everything the last bits together tonight, when I realized i DID forget/or mis-read something.

I assumed that the option C was my NOA, but now i have to call to order it!! :mad:

The questions I have are as follows:

I don't think you can expedite. My husband asked and they said to just wait.

2) I realized that the Supplement to Schedule 1 - Background Info was not signed :(... I didnt see this on any of the checklists! Unless I've been working so long on this, my eyes are glazed over!.. I ASSUME this is necessary..... are there any other forms NOT on any of the checklists that I may have missed?
Can you link "supplement to schedule 1-background info"? I have filled out schedule 1 but I don't remember anything about supplement to schedule 1.

I put all the supportive materials in one envelope..and within the envelope I put the pictures in one small envelope and clipped the others. Wrote the list on the envelope so they know what are in it as well. I didn't staple any of those.

I have. I thought its better to have in writing now than them asking me later. I wrote a letter and clipped onto the supportive document.
I did. Didn't know if I was allowed or not though. However, if those pictures are for the applications or medical, you need to follow CIC guildeline (appendix b?) photo requirement as follows:
•Photos: Ask a photographer to provide you with a set of photos of yourself and each of your family members included in your application, whether they will be accompanying you or not. The required number of photos for each individual is indicated at Appendix A, under PHOTOS. Photos must comply with specifications given at Appendix B, Photo Specifications. Make sure you give a copy of these specifications to the photographer.
·On the back of one photo (and only one) in each set, write the name and date of birth of the person appearing in the photo as well as the date the photo was taken.
·Enclose each set of photos in separate envelopes. Write the family member's name, date of birth and relationship to you on the corresponding envelope and close the envelope with a paper clip.
·Photos must not be stapled, scratched, bent or bear any ink marks.
leave them blank

THANK YOU ALL for any help.. and if I can answer these, and do a quick fix, then I can join the thread about sending the application out in JUNE!!!

Good luck all!

BeShoo

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2010
Gatineau
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2014
File Transfer...
03-03-2014
Med's Request
19-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2015
LANDED..........
13-04-2015
michaelab said:
leave them blank
In general, it's not a good idea to leave anything completely blank. They may think that you just forgot to fill something in and could even return the form as incomplete. It's better to write "Not applicable" or "N/A" in any place where there is nothing you should write. It says something like this in the guide. I suppose it's only necessary once for each question but to be on the safe side, I think it's better to do it for each sub-question, too.

michaelab

May 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2010
AOR Received.
3-09-2010
File Transfer...
27-07-2010 (to Detroit 15/09/10)
Med's Done....
27-05-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
15-10-2010 (arrived 01-11-2010)
LANDED..........
23-12-2010
You are right in general its not a good idea to leave anything completely blank. In this case he left the b and c blank since it said "If you are sponsoring a member of a spouse, common-law partner in Canada class, do not complete (b) and (c), proceed to 7 immediately."

I hope nothing causes to delay the process.

BeShoo said:
leave them blank

In general, it's not a good idea to leave anything completely blank. They may think that you just forgot to fill something in and could even return the form as incomplete. It's better to write "Not applicable" or "N/A" in any place where there is nothing you should write. It says something like this in the guide. I suppose it's only necessary once for each question but to be on the safe side, I think it's better to do it for each sub-question, too.

stevedominic

Star Member
Mar 11, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2010
Doc's Request.
01-10-2010
AOR Received.
18-08-2010
Passport Req..
08-09-2010
Thanks all for your help.

I the supplement for schedule one is page 8 of cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3908e.pdf. I have been told after the fact that some of the regional/country section 3's have this and others do not.

I did end up just calling and ordered the Option C print out.. The guy on the phone did say "5-10 days, but usually in one week".. lets hope for the best!

Also- he said perhaps 5 years ago, you could go to an office to get the form, but this service is no longer available.

Thanks again, I'll be sure to add updates when possible.

Cheers,

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
Best wishes for a smooth process.

Once it is mailed TRY, yeah I know, but try to find something enjoyable (and distracting) to fill your time while you wait. No use worrying, second guessing, comparing timelines (though that part can be interesting now that you are familiar with a few folks in process and can advise others too). It won't speed things up or slow things down. I know it is easier for me to say since I am already a PR, but the worrying and hand wringing while I was waiting will live with me for a long time.

Save the stress for something under your control.
Regards, Allison