+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Few questions on Fingerprinting for Citizenship

Silvi6

Jan 17, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi Guys,

I am about to submit citizenship application and had few questions related to Fingerprinting. If someone can help, that will be great.

I know that getting fingerprint requests depends upon case to case.

Q1. Can I voluntarily give fingerprints along the citizenship application ? (I am planning to go out of Canada after applying and that's why the question)

Q2. If I get a fingerprint request during application process, does RCMP sends it directly to Immigration or I have to send it to them ?

Q3. Few months back, I had applied for Police Certificate(for other country VISA) from RCMP with Fingerprints. So, Can this be considered by IRCC and they dont ask for fingerprint again? But wondering, IRCC wont have this information and they can still ask, right ?

please help.

@Brynna & @scylla - Do you have any info on these ?

Thanks
Silvi

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Hi Guys,

I am about to submit citizenship application and had few questions related to Fingerprinting. If someone can help, that will be great.

I know that getting fingerprint requests depends upon case to case.

Q1. Can I voluntarily give fingerprints along the citizenship application ? (I am planning to go out of Canada after applying and that's why the question)

Q2. If I get a fingerprint request during application process, does RCMP sends it directly to Immigration or I have to send it to them ?

Q3. Few months back, I had applied for Police Certificate(for other country VISA) from RCMP with Fingerprints. So, Can this be considered by IRCC and they dont ask for fingerprint again? But wondering, IRCC wont have this information and they can still ask, right ?

please help.

@Brynna & @scylla - Do you have any info on these ?

Thanks
Silvi
1. No you can't. The FP agency won't take your print unless you have the letter from IRCC to show them
2. in my case, done a month ago yes. But I heard some people had to send it to RCMP themselves.
3. You would think it's that easy wouldn't you? But don't forget this is government workers, they WILL NOT make it easy for you. And I remember in the letter somewhere or in RCMP's disclaimer that the finger print is destroyed after the analysis is done. So if they want to ask for it from you, most likely you will have to do it again. My finger print was taken for my nexus card, and still being taken a few times a year at the airport, still didn't make any difference and had to pay to do it again

Last edited:
Reactions: Silvi6

Seko_Saki

Star Member
Feb 5, 2019
3. You would think it's that easy wouldn't you? But don't forget this is government workers, they WILL NOT make it easy for you. And I remember in the letter somewhere or in RCMP's disclaimer that the finger print is destroyed after the analysis is done. So if they want to ask for it from you, most likely you will have to do it again. My finger print was taken for my nexus card, and still being taken a few times a year at the airport, still didn't make any difference and had to pay to do it again
How much does a finger print usually cost? and does the agency capture height and other physical characteristics of the person and put it on the finger print results?

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
How much does a finger print usually cost? and does the agency capture height and other physical characteristics of the person and put it on the finger print results?
I paid $65 in downtown Toronto
They make copies of your ID and IRCC letter, also take a photo of you to submit with your finger print

Seko_Saki

Star Member
Feb 5, 2019
I paid $65 in downtown Toronto
They make copies of your ID and IRCC letter, also take a photo of you to submit with your finger print
Thanks
I was wondering if they collect physical characteristics of me, like height, weight, eye color etc???
I am just trying to find reasons why IRCC request finger prints in the first place, most people say it happens if they find a name similar to yours, but I think there might be other reasons too

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Mine was $56.50, in Kitchener. No other metrics were captured.

Last edited:

Omar22bmz

Nov 12, 2018
Hi,
How much time approximatly after submiting fingerprint to get invitation letter for citizen test please,
I am from edmonton and i will do fingerprinting tomorrow .
Thanks

Silvi6

Jan 17, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
It costs me 85 CAD per person here in Brampton, Ontario. They dont check height or anything just your fingers.

Omar22bmz

Nov 12, 2018
Hi,how do we know if the private organism send the fingerprint to rcmp and ircc?
Do we get any notification of receptiin from ircc?
Thank you

JPBless

May 14, 2018
Hi,how do we know if the private organism send the fingerprint to rcmp and ircc?
Do we get any notification of receptiin from ircc?
Thank you
The private organization will transmit the fingerprint electronically (immediately) to RCMP. RCMP will mail the result to the address indicated on your letter which is the address of the IRCC office responsible for your file.

Nope, you will not receive confirmation from IRCC. However you can send webmail to IRCC say after 4 weeks to confirm whether they have received your fingerprint from RCMP