11-2015
AOR Received.
04-2015
Med's Request
11-2015
Med's Done....
11-2015
Interview........
9-2016 ARC Approved.: 9-2016 CSQ Issued.....: 2-2017 Re-Med's Request...: 4-2017 Re-Med's Done : 4-2017
Passport Req..
04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-2017
LANDED..........
05-2017
I received my COPR and i'm landing in the coming weeks.

I just need to verify if i got everything in order.

1. I'm visa-exempt so i will have on me my COPR, original CSQ, original ARC and my valid passport obviously
2. Two copies of the B4 form for the declaration without goods to follow. ( should i sign it now or in front of the officer) ?
3. Should i go to the PR/citizen booth to land or the visitor booth for landing?
4. Now i know that the COPR says "Not Valid to travel", meaning it's not a travel document, and my question here is why you can get on a plane with he COPR before landing and you cannot use it to board a plane once you become a PR without having the PR card.

Thanks in advance.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Taxed said:
I received my COPR and i'm landing in the coming weeks.

I just need to verify if i got everything in order.

1. I'm visa-exempt so i will have on me my COPR, original CSQ, original ARC and my valid passport obviously
2. Two copies of the B4 form for the declaration without goods to follow. ( should i sign it now or in front of the officer) ?
3. Should i go to the PR/citizen booth to land or the visitor booth for landing?
4. Now i know that the COPR says "Not Valid to travel", meaning it's not a travel document, and my question here is why you can get on a plane with he COPR before landing and you cannot use it to board a plane once you become a PR without having the PR card.

Thanks in advance.
1. Yes
2. You can sign it now, even if you don't, the officer will let you know
3. Largely depends on where you intend to land, if in a big airport, I believe the PR landing area is completely separate. Like in YVR and YYZ, they are separate offices from the usual immigration checks, so it's probably the same assuming you'll land at YUL. (Note that you'll do your landing at your first port of entry into Canada, so if you connect through YVR or YYZ, you'll do it there.) But at land borders, it's pretty much the same area.
4. Either your passport is visa-exempt (which permits you to travel to Canada), or you were issued an immigrant visa in your passport, which is why the COPR has "not valid for travel" indicated. You can only use the COPR over land borders while waiting for your PR card to arrive.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
foodie69 said:
So in that respect I assume you need an eTA, even visa exempt passports these days do need one. Maybe Scylla and or Leon and other seniors can help..
No eTA required with COPR.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1184&top=16

Taxed

Jul 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-2015
Doc's Request.
11-2015
AOR Received.
04-2015
Med's Request
11-2015
Med's Done....
11-2015
Interview........
9-2016 ARC Approved.: 9-2016 CSQ Issued.....: 2-2017 Re-Med's Request...: 4-2017 Re-Med's Done : 4-2017
Passport Req..
04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-2017
LANDED..........
05-2017
bellaluna said:
1. Yes
2. You can sign it now, even if you don't, the officer will let you know
3. Largely depends on where you intend to land, if in a big airport, I believe the PR landing area is completely separate. Like in YVR and YYZ, they are separate offices from the usual immigration checks, so it's probably the same assuming you'll land at YUL. (Note that you'll do your landing at your first port of entry into Canada, so if you connect through YVR or YYZ, you'll do it there.) But at land borders, it's pretty much the same area.
4. Either your passport is visa-exempt (which permits you to travel to Canada), or you were issued an immigrant visa in your passport, which is why the COPR has "not valid for travel" indicated. You can only use the COPR over land borders while waiting for your PR card to arrive.
I will be landing in Montreal without a connection flight.

I have one more question, I'm bringing 14k cad in cash which i will declare in the declaration card, do i have to prove to the CBSA where this money came from?

Your help is very much appreciated. +1

Rob_TO said:
No eTA required with COPR.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1184&top=16
Thank your for the clarification, i was worry about that too. +1

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Taxed said:
I will be landing in Montreal without a connection flight.

I have one more question, I'm bringing 14k cad in cash which i will declare in the declaration card, do i have to prove to the CBSA where this money came from?

Your help is very much appreciated. +1

Thank your for the clarification, i was worry about that too. +1
No need to prove where it came from. They just may ask what you will use it for, and since you're a landing PR, it's a very good reason.