+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Few questions about Study and Spouse visa

Dec 6, 2017
Hi guys

My wife is interested in studying MBA in Finance from Canada (mainly, University of Alberta). She is a Chartered Accountant in India and also holds a Bachelor degree (Bachelor of Commerce). I have following questions:
1. Can I accompany my wife on Spouse visa to Canada? If yes, will there be any delay or can we both go together?
2. Once in Canada, I know that spouse can work on OWP, provided that main applicant is engaged in a Full-time course of more than 8 months. How about applying for Permanent Residence? Can I apply for PR through FSWP once in Canada while I am on Spouse Visa (OWP) and my wife is on a Study visa? I'll be the main applicant for FSWP then and will follow all the formalities like scoring in IELTS, getting my Education credentials assessed etc.

Thanks!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
1. You can apply for a TRV and/or OWP. There is no guarantee either will be approved. So you may be able to accompany your wife to Canada or you may not.
2. Yes - you can apply for PR from within Canada.

Dec 6, 2017
1. You can apply for a TRV and/or OWP. There is no guarantee either will be approved. So you may be able to accompany your wife to Canada or you may not.
2. Yes - you can apply for PR from within Canada.
Thanks Scylla.
1. Is this a very rare (kinda next to none) scenario where husband and wife get TRV together, at the same time or is it a common scenario and happens quite frequently? Just need to check the odds for this.
2. For applying PR from within Canada, since my wife will be on Study visa and I'll be on spouse visa, will the process for applying PR remains same as FSWP outside Canada? Will there be any minimum duration after getting TRV that I will need to wait before I can apply for FSWP?

Reactions: crissiron

ItsmeRKM

Jun 16, 2021
Hi guys

My wife is interested in studying MBA in Finance from Canada (mainly, University of Alberta). She is a Chartered Accountant in India and also holds a Bachelor degree (Bachelor of Commerce). I have following questions:
1. Can I accompany my wife on Spouse visa to Canada? If yes, will there be any delay or can we both go together?
2. Once in Canada, I know that spouse can work on OWP, provided that main applicant is engaged in a Full-time course of more than 8 months. How about applying for Permanent Residence? Can I apply for PR through FSWP once in Canada while I am on Spouse Visa (OWP) and my wife is on a Study visa? I'll be the main applicant for FSWP then and will follow all the formalities like scoring in IELTS, getting my Education credentials assessed etc.

Thanks!
Hi Raminder,hope you’re fine.Could you pls tell me the process of getting transcripts from ICAI.