+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Few Questions about Outland-Application Forms - Please help, friends!

Chaemi

Sep 27, 2015
Hi there, I am trying to sort out my application (sponsor) for my Common-law partner (Applicant). We have a fairly good handle of the application process, except a few of the forms, just awkward wording and unsure meanings. I've read a lot of this forum for the past few months, and have learned a lot that helped us on our way, so thank you for that. Hoping for a little more help from you all!

Outland Sponsor Financial Requirements

I have read a few different answers, that I would need the minimum of roughly $24,000 to support her, as well as for Outland, not needing a minimum financial requirement at all. I currently working a cash job while in process to become an electrician. While I do claim a large portion of it on CRA (since I deposit it into account), I am still under the 24k, officially. My partner has a 3 year work visa, as well as a full time job, 42k/year or so. She definitely doesn't need financial support, which we will give CIC copies of all her paystubs/employment letters. I am hoping the fact that she is self sufficient and productive member of society already will affect their decision as regards to me being eligible to sponsor?

The only thing that could blow up our application is the fact that I don't make the minimum required amount of money, if there is one at all for Outland.

IMM 1344: Sponsor Eligibility Assessment Question 3. Are you sponsoring a member of the family class or a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class?

I initially clicked yes, as it seems obvious. I have since seen a few things, about inland vs outland, and outland you should click no? We live in Toronto, just doing Outland for process times/financial requirements. Does this literally mean sponsoring the person physically inside Canada? Even though we are applying for Outland.

IMM 5540: First Meeting

I assume the "did you give/receive gifts" just refers to the first meeting? Not over the course of the relationship, correct?

IMM 0008: Personal Details - Date of which you were married or entered into the common-law relationship

This date is 12 months after living together? Or the first day of living together "entering into", since we had the intention to become common law. I assume it's 12 months after, but not sure on this one.

As well on the CRA site, our Common Law status should be 12 months after living together, or the day we started living together?

Thank you for any help you can provide! I hope everything works out well, for us and the rest of you.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
The sponsor does not need any minimum income to sponsor a spouse. The income requirements refer to people who are sponsoring other people, such as their parents or grandparents.

A member of the family class means outland; spouse or partner in Canada class means inland. Even if your spouse is in Canada, you can still choose outland.

The gifts question is referring only to the first meeting. However, I would include a list of gifts you have given each other somewhere on the application, maybe in the relationship essay.

For CIC forms, the date when common law starts is 12 months after you started living together.