+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Few queries

priya7

Aug 17, 2011
Hi

I am a newcomer to Canada and have landed here as a temporary foreign worker in Montreal along with my husband as dependant . He is working for an IT compnay since February 2010 . I have a job offer that will start from September . Both of us come under the category of Skilled workers . I checked that our occupations fall under Skill B . After coming here , we have decided to live here permanently if everything goes right . Although i have gone through the CIC website , However I am not clear on a few things:

1. Do i need to start any process now [ for living permanently here] or should i wait for 1 year ? What should i apply for ? Permanent Resident Card or Immigration ?
2. Since I have landed in montreal , is it necessary for me to live in Quebec or i can choose to live any other city in Canada . We were more keen on Toronto as we get more job opportunities there as IT professionals .

Thanks

aLpHa MaLe

Star Member
Jun 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/07/2011 Received by Mr. Mike on 11/07/2011
IELTS Request
SENT WITH THE APPLICATION
If You want to live in Quebec then you should apply to the Quebec immigration Authorities as soon as possible......remember one thing that Quebec is having agreement with canadian government to Have its own immigration process.........

If you want to live in any other part of canada except quebec then you should take a point test on canadian immigration website...........but note one thing IT people are not in demand and not on the priority list............but you can apply because you and your husband is having valid work permit................so check their website i.e. www.cic.gc.ca.............know your points anf if you score equal to 67 points or more then that............you are eligible..............under FSW 2 category for those having job offer from canadian employer