+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fee's

kisidro

Dec 1, 2008
Hey Everyone,

Just had a quick question about the fee's. I am sponsoring my wife for her PR from the US.

When we send in our application are we going to have to send in

Right of Permanent Residence Fee $490.00
Family Class
Sponsorship application (per application) $75.00
Principal applicant $475.00

Im assuming this needs to be sent in when we send the app in.

Thanks everyone, and thank you for all your help in understanding this whole process.

Kevin

P.S. I know I asked this in another thread but im almost positive my daughter wont be an applicant because shes a dual citizen...me being a canadian citizen by birth.

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
Yes, your daughter is a dual citizen and does not need to be sponsored - so you are sponsoring your wife as the principle applicant. With the PR application you have to pay the $75 sponsorship fee and the $475 applicant fee upfront (under the Family Class/Spouse category of the online payment system if you are filing through Mississauga/Buffalo), and send a copy of your receipt with your PR application to the Case Processing Center/Mississauga.

You can defer payment of the $490 RPRF until later in the process if you want, but Buffalo won't issue the PR visa without it having been paid. The concern is that, if you wait to pay it until they ask for it, it can delay your processing. They won't ask for it until they're ready to issue the visa - which means you wait for their request, then pay the fee to CPC-M, then wait for CPC-M to notify Buffalo . . . delay, delay, delay when you could have the visa in hand already.

We needed a bit more time to pay ours, so we simply paid it once we got confirmation that Buffalo had our application and we had a file number. That worked out fine.

kisidro

Dec 1, 2008
Hey Robsluv,

thanks for ur response. I think sending in all of the fees would be best. Thank you again in advance. hoping it wont take so long to get it all approved. My wifes medical is in Toronto on the 29th. Were still waiting on the fbi check to send everything in. our app will probably be sent out the first week in the new year.

Thanks!

Kevin

M

med

i think payying the all the fees right off the bat is a very good way to avoid any possible delay for ur PRV