Med's Done....
16-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-01-2013
LANDED..........
29-01-2013
I have just completed my common-law application for PR which will be processed outland.

I (principal applicant) paid online using my foreign credit card as it has a higher limit than my and my partners Canadian credit cards. Although I am applying outland, both myself and my sponsor live together in Calgary, and this is the address that we have used for everything. No where in my application do I list an overseas address at all.

I have two questions.

1. When completing the name, date of birth, client ID, address etc, section of the fees receipt which I printed, do I (principal applicant) or my partner (sponsor) complete this section? Technically I paid as it was my credit card, however, this receipt is listed as a form/document in the sponsor section, and will be submitted with his documents. Does it matter that the applicant, not the sponsor paid with their credit card (our finances are reasonably joint, but our credit cards are separate so they will not know that even though it was my card he will end up actually paying in the end).

2. If it is the person who actually paid the fees who completes this section (i.e. me), do I use my residential address for this section - where I actually live, or do I use the address the credit card is registered to? This credit card has my parents mailing address in New Zealand, however I have never been to this address and it is not listed in my application anywhere. It is a post office box which I only use for New Zealand things that do not permit an overseas address.

I know this is probably a stupid question, I can't believe I am even stressing out about it, but the guide online is not helpful, is just says to complete the form.

Any help is much appreciated!

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
You need to put that your physical address IS overseas on the application or else it is considered an inland application. Just make sure the CDN address is under "mailing".

As for the information, it doesn't matter. It can be yours or sponsor's. CIC can connect them :)

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
We know a couple, who successfully processed 'outland' while the applicant was here and put down her Canadian address. They (immigration) even phoned her to confirm she was in 'said' city so they could send her visa to the correct address. Apparently they had counsel who gave them advice, and apparently the loop-hole is being here on a valid 'work permit' (maybe means you don't have to consider that "living" here). So it seems yourselves and us are following in their footsteps. I also read it on CIC's web-site somewhere, where they were practically telling you to apply outland as it is much faster.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
truesmile said:
We know a couple, who successfully processed 'outland' while the applicant was here and put down her Canadian address. They (immigration) even phoned her to confirm she was in 'said' city so they could send her visa to the correct address. Apparently they had counsel who gave them advice, and apparently the loop-hole is being here on a valid 'work permit' (maybe means you don't have to consider that "living" here). So it seems yourselves and us are following in their footsteps. I also read it on CIC's web-site somewhere, where they were practically telling you to apply outland as it is much faster.
Yes, mailing address is Canadian.

Example of my case: Husband is here, on visitor's visa. We talked to several people about the address thing, and it's true, he's JUST a visitor. He does NOT live here, he cannot work here, nada. He's visiting. So thus, his address is in Tennessee :) Just thought I'd share how we did it! He lived with his best friend's parents and we talked to them and they were fine with A) letting us put the address in(since it's technically THEIR house haha) and B) that if anything gets mailed there, they would call or e-mail us and we'd pay to have it mailed here. But because we put my address in as mailing, they probably will send here. :)

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
I like the way you put that 'parker'. Makes me feel better about our application/our decision to go the 'outland' route. I guess I always had trouble accepting how you could physically be here and still apply 'outland'. Well, so long as it works . . . "works for me".

rachiy

May 9, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2012
AOR Received.
12-09-2012
File Transfer...
12-09-2012
Med's Done....
16-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-01-2013
LANDED..........
29-01-2013
I am on a two year work permit, so am completely comfortable being here. It is also very clear on the CIC website and literature that you have the choice as to where your application is submitted - whether inland or outland, and it is you who makes this choice as indicated by the application you submit and visa processing office you select within your application.
They are not going to process my application inland, I know that for sure.

The question was, who completes the fees receipt form, and does the address on the form need to match the credit card which was used to pay the fees.

Thanks everyone for your help :)

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
rachiy said:
I am on a two year work permit, so am completely comfortable being here. It is also very clear on the CIC website and literature that you have the choice as to where your application is submitted - whether inland or outland, and it is you who makes this choice as indicated by the application you submit and visa processing office you select within your application.
They are not going to process my application inland, I know that for sure.

The question was, who completes the fees receipt form, and does the address on the form need to match the credit card which was used to pay the fees.

Thanks everyone for your help :)
Doesn't matter and the mailing address you use.