+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fees (need your help PMM)

maybekh

Mar 3, 2008
I just want to know how much do i have to pay ?
am the one who's being sponsored & my canadian wife is the sponsor , so how much is the processing fees for the spouse sponsorship process?
do i have to pay wat is called "RIGHT OF PERMANENT RESIDENCE " too or just the 550 CAD ?

am really confused

and also i want to ask ,can i pay the fees online if i am outside canada?

thanks alot

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Re: Fees

Hi

maybekh said:
I just want to know how much do i have to pay ?
am the one who's being sponsored & my canadian wife is the sponsor , so how much is the processing fees for the spouse sponsorship process?
do i have to pay wat is called "RIGHT OF PERMANENT RESIDENCE " too or just the 550 CAD ?

am really confused

and also i want to ask ,can i pay the fees online if i am outside canada?

thanks alot
1. $75 Application Fee
2. $475 Principal applicant
3. $490 RPRF

PMM

martha marita

Aug 1, 2007

iF YOU SPONSOR SOMEONE FROM CANADNA LIKE YOUR SPOUCE DO YOU NEED TO BE WORKING OR PROOF OF FUNDS IF I HAVE A PR OR IS IT THE SPONSORED SPOUSE TO SHOW PROOF OF FUNDS. IF SO HOW MUCH

rgvinson777

Dec 12, 2007

The sponsoring spouse submits a "Financial Evaluation" form with the 'Application to Sponsor.' You can read all about this on the CIC website.

RV777

maybekh

Mar 3, 2008

thanks alot,

but am outside canada , so can i pay the fees online using my credit card or this option is just for those who lives inside canada ?

martha marita

Aug 1, 2007
Nope. Two options - bank draft or money order. Check the cic site in your region. Credit cards are not accepted!!

'Processing feesInside Canada

Pay your fees online:
You can pay your fees online if you have Adobe® Acrobat Reader software, a printer and a Visa, MasterCard or American Express credit card. See the Related Links section at the bottom of this page.

Pay fees at a financial institution in Canada:
If you cannot or do not want to pay online, you must get an original receipt of payment form IMM 5401 so you can pay at a financial institution (such as a bank or Western Union). This form is not available online so you must order an original receipt by mail.

Fees receipt:
See your application guide to find out if you must include the receipt of payment (IMM 5401) when applying from within Canada. Once you have paid your fees online, you must print a receipt of payment form and include it with your application. Be sure to print the actual receipt, not the “payment confirmation form” page.

Outside Canada
You can find information on fee payment methods at the website of the visa office responsible for your area. Visa offices cannot accept receipts for fees paid in Canada.

Note: Personal cheques are not accepted as payment.'

Egypt007

Star Member
Feb 29, 2008
How to pay your fees if you live exclusively outside Canada
You have the option of paying your fees through the Internet or with an international bank draft or money order.

Option 1. Payment of fees on our website

To use this option, you need a credit card and access to a computer with a printer.

Go to our website at www.cic.gc.ca and select “On-Line Services” from the menu bar at the top, then “Payment of fees through the Internet”.

Once you have paid the fees, you must print the official receipt and fill out by hand the “Payer Information” section. Attach the bottom portion (copy 2) of this receipt to your completed application.

Option 2. Payment of fees with an international bank draft or money order

STEP 1. Use Table 3 to calculate the fees required.

STEP 2. Obtain an international bank draft or money order.

The bank draft or money order must be made payable to the Receiver General for Canada and be in Canadian funds for the required amount. You should ensure that the bank draft or money order can be cashed through a Canadian financial institution and clearly indicates on its face the name and complete address (must not be a post office box number) and/or the transit and account numbers of the financial institution in Canada where it may be cashed. Incomplete or improper identification of the financial institution may result in processing delays and even in the return of your application.

STEP 3. Include the bank draft or money order with your completed sponsorship application.

maybekh

Mar 3, 2008
Thank u very much Egypt007

martha marita wat do u think abt this answer ? ;)
kinda specific ,ha? :)

Thank u all 4 helping me

martha marita

Aug 1, 2007
Hi Maybek,

to be honest with the credit card part am not 100 percent sure if you are applying from abroad.

i will check the website.

'yes you could'

maybekh

Mar 3, 2008
i have another quest. plz

if we started the process from outside canada , then my sponsor wants to go back to canada b4 the process is finalized, does that affect our process?

thanks in advance

maroraza

Star Member
Jan 11, 2008
your sponsor free to travel anywhere
maybekh said:
i have another quest. plz

if we started the process from outside canada , then my sponsor wants to go back to canada b4 the process is finalized, does that affect our process?

thanks in advance