+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FEEDBACK on Apartments in Mississauga Area (AVOID HILLCREST AVE Apts)

hockeyfanjack

Oct 22, 2011
Hi All
Being an immigrant I realized, this will add value to all new immigrants who can take learn from feedback and avoid
bad buildings, apartments and owners or infact tenants.

I was an owner at Hillcrest Apartments. Any prospective owners/tenants stay away if you value quality of life for the price you pay.

Problems with the buildings especially 155 Hillcrest Ave:
1. 22 Floors with 16 apartments in every floor -> 350+ apartments.
Average family size is 4. You will find a lot of families with 4kids!!!!!!!!!!!
Be prepared for half hour wait for ELEVATORS even on weekends mid day. ONLY 3 Elevators in the building (insane compared to number of apartments). 1 is out for long maintenance. Other 2 breakdown every week. If not they will be involved with move out.
If you have kids to drop for school bus, you have to start 40 minutes before school bus time.

And if you think you want to walk on stairs, going to basement to car parking/storage area is a nightmare. ASK this question to someone.

2. Pathetic Management and too high maintenance fees (for owners).
3. Amenities are below par. No swimming pool. Gym etc are in very average condition.
4. Unprofessional attitude of reception/security people.
5. Too difficult to get dates for large deliveries/move ins/move outs.
6. Locker for storage is very small.
7. many apartments are in stinky condition.

If you still think paying 1500 for 2BR/1 BA makes sense welcome to this place

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Very expensive indeed! Look at this listing in mls: http://www.realtor.ca/propertyDetails.aspx?propertyId=11083668&PidKey=-878063136

2 + 1 BR asking for CAD225,000; maintenance: 575.85 monthly

How old is this building? Generally the older, the more expensive in maintenance fee. Why did you buy this apartment in the first place? There are many choices out there!

hockeyfanjack

Oct 22, 2011
Steaky
you are right.
The problem here is management doesn't care for individual owners.
The manager Sarah is inexperienced and mostly unavailable to talk.

I want to put this feedback in all the relevant forums. any help will be appreciated. Please spread the word.

Adding keywords to this feedback:
Cooksville, go train station, dundas st, square one, go bus, easy commute.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hockyfanjack,

You are right about some manager doesn't care for individual owners. But strata property manager are hired by the strata council (assume the building is a condominium) or board of directors in a cooperative (if the building is a cooperative residence), which means individual owner may have the opportunity to run for office in the strata council or board of directors. During my observation of my own strata community, the property manager in most time rarely care about individual owners. However, during our recent general elections of council members in annual general meeting, the property manager followed up request from individual owners.
Maybe if you run for office or just appear in the agm and state your requests, your property manager might listen and do their job. I have heard other strata council of a nearby building fired their property manager and hired another company to take the job.

UncleBob

Apr 1, 2016
I would advise to avoid any building managed by Comfort management. My experience is that they cater to that of the BOD. They have complaints to ACMO. my obsevation is that there is no, or little concern to ethically manage a property. Yes there are rules; which they do comply. if barely. They have refused to be forth coming and accountable to individual condo owners. I fear for those who have property managed by comfort.

hockeyfanjack said:
Hi All
Being an immigrant I realized, this will add value to all new immigrants who can take learn from feedback and avoid
bad buildings, apartments and owners or infact tenants.

I was an owner at Hillcrest Apartments. Any prospective owners/tenants stay away if you value quality of life for the price you pay.

Problems with the buildings especially 155 Hillcrest Ave:
1. 22 Floors with 16 apartments in every floor -> 350+ apartments.
Average family size is 4. You will find a lot of families with 4kids!!!!!!!!!!!
Be prepared for half hour wait for ELEVATORS even on weekends mid day. ONLY 3 Elevators in the building (insane compared to number of apartments). 1 is out for long maintenance. Other 2 breakdown every week. If not they will be involved with move out.
If you have kids to drop for school bus, you have to start 40 minutes before school bus time.

And if you think you want to walk on stairs, going to basement to car parking/storage area is a nightmare. ASK this question to someone.

2. Pathetic Management and too high maintenance fees (for owners).
3. Amenities are below par. No swimming pool. Gym etc are in very average condition.
4. Unprofessional attitude of reception/security people.
5. Too difficult to get dates for large deliveries/move ins/move outs.
6. Locker for storage is very small.
7. many apartments are in stinky condition.

If you still think paying 1500 for 2BR/1 BA makes sense welcome to this place

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
UncleBob said:
I would advise to avoid any building managed by Comfort management. My experience is that they cater to that of the BOD. They have complaints to ACMO. my obsevation is that there is no, or little concern to ethically manage a property. Yes there are rules; which they do comply. if barely. They have refused to be forth coming and accountable to individual condo owners. I fear for those who have property managed by comfort.
Perhaps individual condo owners can join forces together and kick Comfort out?