+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fee refund without information

Apr 27, 2022
Hi, so I received this email from IRCC ;
"Dear *ABC* :

This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class you submitted to this office on behalf of *XYZ* and family (if applicable).

A refund in the amount of $85.00 has been initiated. If you paid by credit card, it will be credited back to your credit card account. Otherwise, a cheque will be mailed to you at the address indicated above in approximately six weeks to eight weeks."

Can anyone please tell me what this is about? Does that mean my request to sponsor spouse and children got rejected? Because they didn't mention why and for what reason we are getting a refund. Please help.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, so I received this email from IRCC ;
"Dear *ABC* :

This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class you submitted to this office on behalf of *XYZ* and family (if applicable).

A refund in the amount of $85.00 has been initiated. If you paid by credit card, it will be credited back to your credit card account. Otherwise, a cheque will be mailed to you at the address indicated above in approximately six weeks to eight weeks."

Can anyone please tell me what this is about? Does that mean my request to sponsor spouse and children got rejected? Because they didn't mention why and for what reason we are getting a refund. Please help.
They are refunding biometrics.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/biometrics-exemption-temporary-residents.html#:~:text=Under this public policy, you're exempt from the requirement,biometric fee (CAN$85).

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
This refers to applicants who applied for temporary residence. Mine is PR. Plus it says something about sponsorship. Can you please elaborate more?
For covid they waived 'new' biometrics for those that already have them. So if on file it will be refunded.

(I don't believe they've cancelled the covid exception for biometrics yet)

Reactions: scylla

sentraj

Nov 16, 2016
I've received an email today stating the same with refund of $85.00. Now, I have a relief that they are looking into my file. My wife has given Biometric 2 years ago for a visitor visa.

willowo4

Star Member
May 3, 2021
I've received an email today stating the same with refund of $85.00. Now, I have a relief that they are looking into my file. My wife has given Biometric 2 years ago for a visitor visa.
Yeah, it’s for the biometrics fee. Biometrics validity is 10 yrs.