22-05-2012
Passport Req..
10/08/2013
VISA ISSUED...
11/08/2013
LANDED..........
11/08/2013
harvie said:
hallo beakster if you have CSQ and a valid job letter then you dont need lmo and caq. you only need is csq+job letter+aor of PR+proof of medical (receipt)for PR. Go to the border (flagpolling) get your workpermit extension.here is the link
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/temporary-workers/stay-quebec/application-csq/workers-peq/after-csq.html#permit
Hi Harvie, there are some caveats involved in this. Firstly this is only if you are extending an already existing work permit. If you don't currently have a work permit you still need a LMO and CAQ. This would happen if you are changing jobs for example of if you have been a student and now want to start working. Also this only came into effect on the 1st of June 2012, before this date it was not possible.

Forkbeard

Feb 26, 2013
I got that same timeline in an email from Ottawa, my application wasn't received until September 2012 so I'm going to be stuck waiting for probably another year, at least until January 2014 by my estimates. Based on the 10 month wait I would have gotten mine in July 2013! Huge bummer.

jenik

Sep 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2012
AOR Received.
25-04-2012
Med's Request
25-04-2012
Med's Done....
30-04-2012
Passport Req..
19-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-05-2013
LANDED..........
11-05-2013
harvie said:
hallo beakster if you have CSQ and a valid job letter then you dont need lmo and caq. you only need is csq+job letter+aor of PR+proof of medical (receipt)for PR. Go to the border (flagpolling) get your workpermit extension.here is the link
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/temporary-workers/stay-quebec/application-csq/workers-peq/after-csq.html#permit
That is true. I renewed my work permit without LMO and CAQ.

There is also an ob420 at CIC website about that:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob420.asp

Little bird

Feb 8, 2013
Disaac said:
welcome on board little bird, i am afraid that no one will be able to give u a specific answer since obviously it is hard to predict the order they follow in processing files, however i think that your husband shall pay them a visit or call them since he is already in Canada, i have added your timeline for the tracker but it would be highly appreciated to inform us did you applied for the federal part from Russia or from inside Canada? thank you and wish you all the best
Thank you Disaac. We applied the federal part from Canada. I sent all my document to my husband and then he sent it ti Sidney. My husband lives in Quebec

skumar29

Star Member
Nov 6, 2012
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-12
Med's Request
23-06-12
Med's Done....
26-06-12
Beakster said:
If you need a new work permit you should get on it straight away. You'll need a CAQ and an LMO. It is taking around 12-16 weeks to get these just now. Also note that in any other province this would be free, but here in Quebec you'll need approximately $400 for the CAQ and LMO processing by Immigration Quebec as well as the $150 for a work permit.

If you already have a work permit in Canada, this might be valid for working for the same company in Quebec, so check that out.
Well my situation is a little tricky. I was in Montreal on a work permit in 2011 and my firm offered me a position in Dubai which I opted to take and so I my work permit expired in Nov 2011.

Now my contract in Dubai is almost up and I need to move back to Montreal so I guess I'll have to apply for a new work permit. But 12-16 weeks is a ridiculous amount of time to get a work permit that is valid for a year!

I heard that there is an NOC list and if your job is on that list, the LMO process is a lot faster. My job offer is similar to the one for the IT Analyst/Consultant so I hope that will speed up things a bit.

But like you said, I better start the process right away. Thanks for your help buddy!

chicka

Jun 17, 2012
That is exactly the kind of approach we should be taking. I can only applaud to this guy. He is trying to make things happen even though it is very difficult to do. I encourage everyone not to sit behind their computer like scared kids, but to actually do something. Nobody is asking you to send email from your personal account, create a new one( it will take you secods).if you are outraged by the fact that people who applied in september are getting the ppr and its not even clear when we get one, please write emails, its the least you can do. We are Buffalos transferees and we have been promised to get priority. Well i dont see that happening. They messed up, was not our fault. And they are reviewing others now at our expense. I will say it again- please contact the above emails.
P.S i have sent emails from all of my accounts
Check the january thread

jasmin13

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Aug 2012
Med's Request
Sep 2012
Med's Done....
Sep 2012
Interview........
in process Sep 2013
Passport Req..
23 oct 2013
LANDED..........
already in Canada
chicka said:
That is exactly the kind of approach we should be taking. I can only applaud to this guy. He is trying to make things happen even though it is very difficult to do. I encourage everyone not to sit behind their computer like scared kids, but to actually do something. Nobody is asking you to send email from your personal account, create a new one( it will take you secods).if you are outraged by the fact that people who applied in september are getting the ppr and its not even clear when we get one, please write emails, its the least you can do. We are Buffalos transferees and we have been promised to get priority. Well i dont see that happening. They messed up, was not our fault. And they are reviewing others now at our expense. I will say it again- please contact the above emails.
Check the january thread
I found out about the post he was referring to. you can find it here:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/pnp-file-transfer-to-cio-sydney-nova-scotia-december-january-t92359.0.html;msg2104923#msg2104923

chicka

Jun 17, 2012
Dont mention any of your personal info. Just explain the situation. Why have some people been waiting for more than a year and some get it in under 5 months. I'll post emails which you can contact. Write one email, copy it and send it to different addresses. Somethig needs to be done. Otherwise it will last another year. Think about how negligent they are, and how difficult they made our lifes. We have done everything on our part, its them who failed us.

chicka

Jun 17, 2012
EVERYBODY MUST READ
http://www.ipolitics.ca/2013/01/15/liberals-to-kenney-cut-the-backlog-on-permanent-residents/

chicka

Jun 17, 2012
If you are tired of waiting, and resent the fact that the priority is given not to Buffalo applicants, but posr july 2012, please write your concerns to these emails.Together we can make them work.These officials are actively pursuing the matter,lets help them.Otherwise they wont know the problem we are facing.

1)mail@4kevin.ca- liberal immigration critic
2)kevin.lamoureux.gc.ca-liberal immigration critic
3)jim@jimkarygiannis.net-liberal immigration critic
4)christine.elliott@pc.ola.org
5)mprue-qp@ndp.on.ca

lonereed

Star Member
Jul 22, 2012
chicka said:
Check the january thread
I totally agree! we need to make those A**H**Es realize they can't make a fool out of us and just smirk!

duiusa

Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa (Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 5, 2012 (Federal)
Nomination.....
Dec, 2011
Med's Done....
July 5, 2012
Passport Req..
Sept, 2013
lonereed said:
I totally agree! we need to make those A**H**Es realize they can't make a fool out of us and just smirk!
so just contact the MP's regarding our situation and email the following contacts this might help us...
Jim Karygiannis- mail @ 4kevin.ca
Christine Elliott- christine.elliott @ pc.ola.org
Micheal Prue- mprue-co @ ndp.on.ca
-Ms. Sadia Groguhé(spokesman of the Official Opposition regarding Citizenship and Immigration) Sadia.Groguhe @ parl.gc.ca
-Jinny Sims Jinny.Sims @ parl.gc.ca
-Alexander Boulerice Alexandre.Boulerice.C1A @ parl.gc.ca
-Nancy Caron (spokeswoman of CIC) nancy.caron @ cic.gc.ca

chicka

Jun 17, 2012
I want to show you all the letter i sent to every government official i could find that might help us.

We Buffalo Apllicants consider you to be the only person who can help us, since communication with the government has been fruitless.Therefore we would like to draw your attention to the fact that CIC (Case processing pilot- Ottawa) has been discriminating against our cases , giving priority to people who applied just a couple of months ago, and leaving us who have been waiting for more than 25 months without any news or communication.The CIC has disregarded every time line they gave us, giving priority not to the backlog, but to post july 2012 applicants, whose cases are being reviewed withing 6 months of filing.
Is this how the government is redeeming itself for creating such a massive backlog, making people spend countless efforts and money to:
- Maintain the legal status in Canada,constantly renewing work permits,
-redo medical examinations (which is quite an expense in big families),
-forego the joy of being with the loved ones.
The whole situation makes us feel like 2d sort of immigrants not deserving CIC attention.Meanwhile medical examinations keep expiring, as well as work permits, and families can not unite.
We thought that the only way to change the system is to make our concerns public.
We count on you to help us, since our voice can be heard only through your understanding.

Yours Faithfully
Forgotten Buffalo Apllicants

chicka

Jun 17, 2012
The only way we can speed things up is for everyone to pitch in and send email.Write one and send it to addresses mentioned above.
I bet most of you sitting behind your computers are thinking-"why should i do it", "They will do it for me".No no no that is what everybody thinks.Come on people we can do this TOGETHER.

This is a very good guy.He is from Manitoba.Doesnt matter what province you are from,just write to him.
kevin.lamoureux@parl.gc.ca

It is Unacceptable that they started reviewing september and october.We are some sort of trash to them.Well lets prove them wrong.They cant play with people lives like that.

Disaac

Jan 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP- Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/07/2012
AOR Received.
31/08/2012
Med's Request
07/09/2012
Med's Done....
14/09/2012
Passport Req..
22/04/2013
VISA ISSUED...
01/05/2013
LANDED..........
09/06/2013 God willing
it is my pleasure to inform you that our colleague Luckyroyal have received his RPRF today, congratulations LuckyRoyal wish you all the best there. :D