+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Federal Skilled Worker

malcesine

Oct 31, 2008
I've read this in one of the topics on this website:

"Under the Immigration Minister's new instructions, Canadian Immigration Visa Officers reviewing Federal Skilled Worker applications will process those from candidates who:

Have at least one year of continuous full-time or equivalent paid work experience in the past 10 years in one of the 38 qualifying occupations; or
Have been living in Canada with legal status as a Temporary Foreign Worker or an international student for at least one year; or
Qualify for Arranged Employment with a full-time permanent job offer from a Canadian employer."

Here is my question:

If someone has the experience in one of those 38 qualifying occupations, but no job offer.....and not enough of the 67 points, can they still qualify as Skilled Worker??

Thanks

malcesine

Oct 31, 2008
Oh, sorry.........I think I just found the answer. You DO have to have the 67 points. Do you suppose they are a bit flexible? ;)

syedrahman1980

Mar 28, 2009
malcesine said:

"Under the Immigration Minister's new instructions, Canadian Immigration Visa Officers reviewing Federal Skilled Worker applications will process those from candidates who:

Have at least one year of continuous full-time or equivalent paid work experience in the past 10 years in one of the 38 qualifying occupations; or
Have been living in Canada with legal status as a Temporary Foreign Worker or an international student for at least one year; or
Qualify for Arranged Employment with a full-time permanent job offer from a Canadian employer."

Here is my question:

If someone has the experience in one of those 38 qualifying occupations, but no job offer.....and not enough of the 67 points, can they still qualify as Skilled Worker??

Thanks
malcesine said:
Oh, sorry.........I think I just found the answer. You DO have to have the 67 points. Do you suppose they are a bit flexible? ;)

Actually 67 points is a prereq

syedrahman1980

Mar 28, 2009
malcesine said:

Here is my question:

Thanks
malcesine said:
Actually 67 points is a prerequisite for FSW applicants. You must have this points. Although there is an option from the visa officer side to consider specially a candidate having less than 67 points, this is not happen frequently and I have personally never heard about any case approved with less than 67 points. But any body can try with less than 67 points if he is qualified for canada immigration in any other way.

good luck.

SYED

tran

May 10, 2009
malcesine said:

Here is my question:

Thanks

Can you please provide the link for the Immigration Minister's new instructions? Tks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

tran said:
malcesine said:

Here is my question:

Thanks

Can you please provide the link for the Immigration Minister's new instructions? Tks
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/backgrounders/2008/2008-11-28a.asp

PMM

tran

May 10, 2009
PMM said:
Hi

tran said:
malcesine said:

Here is my question:

Thanks

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/backgrounders/2008/2008-11-28a.asp

PMM
Applications prior to February 27, 2008, even one's work experience falls under
38 qualifying occupations and who have lived in Canada as an international student
previously, will not be processed immediately.

amr1001

Feb 6, 2010
hey, anyone know if i can apply for permanent residence and studet visa same time? that i want to study in canada next year anyway, but worried that the permanent application gets delayed that espcially i have a pervious rejected application!

Any idea?