+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Federal Skilled Worker vs Express Entry

nithin1977

Feb 7, 2018
Got a job offer from a company in Canada. Now, applying for Federal skilled worker VISA. The company will be taking care of the PR process.

The consultants told that I am eligible to apply as have enough points 70 pts. Would like to know whether it is also required to get points > 400 for getting a PR?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Got a job offer from a company in Canada. Now, applying for Federal skilled worker VISA. The company will be taking care of the PR process.

The consultants told that I am eligible to apply as have enough points 70 pts. Would like to know whether it is also required to get points > 400 for getting a PR?
Well yes, you must have a competitive CRS in order to get an invitation to apply.

balanbit

Jan 30, 2018

Depends upon NOC SKILL. If it high demand you are score 600pts. Please double check on that

cc31

Sep 5, 2017
Canada

Yes, the 67 (not 70) points criteria applies under FSWP after receiving an ITA. To receive an ITA you must have more points in your EE profile than CRS cut-off in one of the draws within a year after you submit your EE profile.

Both are in different scales - EE (out of 1200) and FSWP (out of 100).