+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Federal Skilled Worker Requirements - HELP!

Lali1987

Star Member
Jun 15, 2016
Hello Everyone!

There is something really confusing happening to me and I am hoping one of you can help me.

I am 26 years old, I have a Bachelor's degree and a one-year university degree (already got ECA for both). I have done the CELPIP - G last December and my scores are 9 for Speaking and Writing and 10 for Reading and Listening. I have over 2 years of foreign experience in NOC 5254. I also have CAD$ 13000 in my savings account, I am single and I have no kids. I do not have a job offer and I have never studied or worked in Canada. In addition, I have no family in Canada.

When I was reading about the Express Entry Requirements - Federal Skilled Worker, I thought that I was eligible based on the facts above. When I tried to apply for the Express Entry, it said that I'm not eligible. However, I noticed that if I change my answers and say that I have family in Canada, the system will say that I am. If I say that I have studied/worked in Canada, I will become eligible.
My questions are: Am I missing something? In order to qualify for the Federal Skilled Worker program, do I need to have work experience in Canada? (I thought that this was only for the Canadian Experience Class...) Do I need to have family there? Do I need to have a Canadian diploma/degree?

I'm devastated and I can't understand why I'm not eligible. I would appreciate if someone could help me.

Thank you!

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....