+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Federal skilled worker program

amit-pathak

Jul 13, 2017
Hi I have 3.5 years of research, teaching and graduate assistant work experience while I was enrolled in my masters study here in the US. In between I went for a co-op for 2.5 months. I wanted to know does my experience make me eligible for the PR application under NOC 4012 for federal skilled worker program. Also, which provinces have job market as per my experience-so that I can increase my chances of selection under the PNP program. Please let me know.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Doesn't seem like you have 2 years of full-time work in the past 5 years in your skilled trade. Work can not be part of your course requirements. confused as to whether you want to work at a post-secondary institution or whether you are an engineer?

amit-pathak

Jul 13, 2017
I do have my work hours totaling more than 1560 hours. And no, the work was not a part of my course requirements. What I am concerned about is whether my going to a co-op would count as a break in my work as a research assistant, because I could not do it anyways at that time because university is closed in summers and I did it while being registered at the university for internship hours.