+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Federal skilled worker- medical lab technician 3212

Sar2609

Jan 11, 2014
Hi everybody !!

I am applying for the FSW under the 3212 category. My concern is that I do not hold a degree or certification of education in medical lab science. I have more than 2 years of experience in it in India.

I have done my bachelors in biotechnology and then masters in biochemistry. I have also 2 years of experience as research technician.

Did anyone applying for the same category had to submit a certificate? Or is it possible to apply under the category with the education mentioned above?

kapil_sharma123

Star Member
Jul 19, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-2014
AOR Received.
March 2014
Sar2609 said:
Hi everybody !!

I am applying for the FSW under the 3212 category. My concern is that I do not hold a degree or certification of education in medical lab science. I have more than 2 years of experience in it in India.

I have done my bachelors in biotechnology and then masters in biochemistry. I have also 2 years of experience as research technician.

Did anyone applying for the same category had to submit a certificate? Or is it possible to apply under the category with the education mentioned above?
Hi,

I applied in the same category i.e. NOC 3212....I have B.tech in biotechnology from India and MS in Biology frm US...presently working in India....showed exp of 3 yrs +....more than 2 and half yr exp. as Cancer research technician (present)....worked as research associate and lab. analyst in past (1 yr combined)...
I believe there is no certificate required...you just have to get your educational assessment by WES....

Also, Cancer research technician is part of NOC 3212....you can see it in examples as explained by CIC.

Hope that helps.

Kapil

msaeed

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Lahore Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
الحمد لله رب العالمين - 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
الحمد لله رب العالمين March 28, 2015.
Sar2609 said:
Hi everybody !!

Sir

Apply , Rab Rakha
Do not worry
Stay Blessed

mish

Feb 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
19/08/2014
VISA ISSUED...
Mashallah
LANDED..........
Nov 2014
Please, I need some information regarding NOC 3212.I am quite confused

1. Medical Lab technician and pathologist assistant are 2 different occupations?
2.Can only Medical technician can apply in this category if he is not a pathologist assistant?

By qualification iam Medical technologist but my experience is as Medical laboratory technician not a pathologist assistant.am i eligible to apply in noc 3212.

Please need help

kapil_sharma123

Star Member
Jul 19, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-2014
AOR Received.
March 2014
mish said:
Please, I need some information regarding NOC 3212.I am quite confused

1. Medical Lab technician and pathologist assistant are 2 different occupations?
2.Can only Medical technician can apply in this category if he is not a pathologist assistant?

By qualification iam Medical technologist but my experience is as Medical laboratory technician not a pathologist assistant.am i eligible to apply in noc 3212.

Please need help
Hi,
I applied as Cancer Research Technician...It is believed that the job and responsibilities play a major role in your approval for any Category....One friend of mine...from Forum only...applied in 3212 but his wife is a microbiologist...but her job profile matches what CIC stated for 3212....so in short, try your luck...I guess you won't be disappointed...

Best of Luck
Kapil

mish

Feb 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
19/08/2014
VISA ISSUED...
Mashallah
LANDED..........
Nov 2014
kapil, thanks for the prompt reply

the problem is my job exact matches with Medical laboratory technician not with pathologist assistant.

as pathologist asisstant has entirely different responsibilities than MLT

my simple question that is making me confuse is:that it is necessary a person ha to be both or either of one

and have you applied.Did u got your AOR yet.Please help me

MARYKE4NNY

Nov 1, 2016
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-08-2019
AOR Received.
16-08-2019
Passport Req..
12-05-2021
kapil, thanks for the prompt reply

the problem is my job exact matches with Medical laboratory technician not with pathologist assistant.

as pathologist asisstant has entirely different responsibilities than MLT

my simple question that is making me confuse is:that it is necessary a person ha to be both or either of one

and have you applied.Did u got your AOR yet.Please help me
Please I am in the same situation. Any advice?

Mystiquee

Mar 15, 2018
Hi
Please I need clarification. If I have a degree in biochemistry but my work experience is in business administration, will that be a problem?

Reylove

Dec 31, 2018
Hi,

I applied in the same category i.e. NOC 3212....I have B.tech in biotechnology from India and MS in Biology frm US...presently working in India....showed exp of 3 yrs +....more than 2 and half yr exp. as Cancer research technician (present)....worked as research associate and lab. analyst in past (1 yr combined)...
I believe there is no certificate required...you just have to get your educational assessment by WES....

Also, Cancer research technician is part of NOC 3212....you can see it in examples as explained by CIC.

Hope that helps.

Kapil
HI Kapil are you in canada now? I would like to ask for your advise. Im interested to apply as a medical laboratory techncian under fsw but my score is low. how did you go about your application?