App. Filed.......
12 Mar 2005
Doc's Request.
Submitted along with application
AOR Received.
04 Jun 2005
IELTS Request
Submitted in Jul 2005
Here is Tim Leahy's recent reply to a query from an applicant from a different forum.

Murali K.
Any updates on the case?
2 hours ago

Tim L.
The matter is to be argued on its merits January 14th to 16th in the Federal Court.
1 hour ago

jevan

Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-May-2007
AOR Received.
19-June-2007
warmest said:
Dear jevan,

Thanks a lot for your compliments. :)
@warmest & hopeful4,
today our forum is seems different without some body,
OH THANKS HOPEFUL4 FOR THIS KIND ACT.

jevan

Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-May-2007
AOR Received.
19-June-2007
Friends,,,any authenticity in this news that CIC IS TRYING TO SETTLE LITIGATIONS OUT SIDE THE COURT"???????

jevan

Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-May-2007
AOR Received.
19-June-2007
Gaber1 said:
Nope. CIC will ultimately win.
any reason of their victory?

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gaber1 said:
Nope. CIC will ultimately win.
Not that this lawsuit concerns me at all, because it doesn't (whether who wins or loses, not really my problem). But when you want to make a statement like this "CIC will ultimately win", it would be more convincing if you could provide some facts from websites or scanned letters to back up your argument. Don't just say "I have such letter" and not show the content. When others try to make a point for their opinion on here (for or against this lawsuit), they usually back it up with emails, websites, letters..etc. Because according to the Mayans, the world is ending in less than a month, you got to show me something for me to believe it. Capish?

Bundoora

Star Member
Apr 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
colombo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2008
Doc's Request.
09-06-2009
AOR Received.
21-10-2009
IELTS Request
sent with the Documents
Med's Request
12-03-2012
Med's Done....
20-03-2012
Johnny31 said:
Not that this lawsuit concerns me at all, because it doesn't (whether who wins or loses, not really my problem). But when you want to make a statement like this "CIC will ultimately win", it would be more convincing if you could provide some facts from websites or scanned letters to back up your argument. Don't just say "I have such letter" and not show the content. When others try to make a point for their opinion on here (for or against this lawsuit), they usually back it up with emails, websites, letters..etc. Because according to the Mayans, the world is ending in less than a month, you got to show me something for me to believe it. Capish?
that has been changed, apparently world will end another 7500 years time , so all of us can breath easily for the next 7500 years!

umerrais79

Star Member
Nov 24, 2012
Karachi, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad than London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2005
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
30-08-2005
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
29-09-2010 From Islamabad to London
Benidiction said:
Dear Warmest & Hopeful4,

When I log onto this forum I always see the silver line by the dark cloud. Anyways, today I need your kind help as I am not getting it from my lawyer. As said before I am also one of the sufferer by the recent unlawful ( guess so) attempt of CA Govt. like all other. I did sign the Representation Form where he and Ceceil Rottenberg needed to put their counter signature. It has been 4 months I haven't got their signed form and constantly I have been insisting. Neither they reply me nor bother to. I just had a magical reply in September that " Shall advise once available" . I also asked for their lead file case#. As usual no reply. Now my request to you, can you let me have the file# that is gonna represent by these 02 lawyers in Federal Court and are they dependable?? I am wondering whether I am in right hand or not !!!! :eek: , please help me.
Here are your Details

The lead file of Mr. Cecil Rotenberg is IMM-10307-12. MARIA SARI TERESA BORJA AUSTRIA is the litigant. MANILA (Philippines) is the visa office.
[Until 21 November 2012, the lead file of Mr. Cecil Rotenberg was IMM-5365-12. HENRY TOBY is the litigant. ACCRA is the visa office.]
http://cas-ncr-nter03.cas-satj.gc.ca/IndexingQueries/infp_RE_info_e.php?court_no=IMM-10307-12.

so all those, can get its details what exactly is ging on with this lawyer. Because all who have filed case with this lawyer come under this lead case.
http://cas-ncr-nter03.cas-satj.gc.ca/IndexingQueries/infp_RE_info_e.php?court_no=IMM-10307-12

PARESH2571

Nov 29, 2012
hello friends,PLZ ADVICE ME
i m B.E.electrical engineer working in gujarat electricity board as juniour engineer.can i eligible under FSWP category.

warmest

Oct 11, 2012
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 Mar 2005
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
04 Jun 2005
IELTS Request
Submitted in Jul 2005
Canada is the 9th best country to be born in next year, says The Economist

By Matt Lundy, November 28, 2012

Canada is the ninth best place in which to be born in 2013 and easily outranks other countries in the Americas, says a recent index published in The Economist. Switzerland occupies the top spot, followed by Australia and Norway. Nigeria finishes last out of 80 countries surveyed.

The where-to-be-born index “attempts to measure which country will provide the best opportunities for a healthy, safe and prosperous life in the years ahead,” says a statement. The results, compiled by the Economist Intelligence Unit, are based on both subjective life-satisfaction surveys and objective measures of quality of life. The index also uses economic forecasts for 2030, the approximate time when children born next year will reach adulthood.

Canada has dropped four spots since 1988, when the index was first compiled, though the past quarter century has been less kind to the United States. In the past 25 years, the U.S. has dropped from first position to 16th. Having said that, The Economist acknowledges that its first index was more light-hearted, including a “yawn index” to penalize boring countries. Canada fell victim to the “yawn index,” but scored bonus points for “scenic attractions” and “for having the most desirable passport.”

It's worth noting that this year's edition featured five European nations in the top 10, though only one (the Netherlands) is part of the eurozone. Europe's largest economies—Germany, France, Italy and Britain—didn't crack the top 15. Likewise, BRIC countries didn't fare well, with China placing 49th, nestled between Latvia and Thailand.

Reaction to the index hasn't been nearly as angry as you might imagine. It does seem the results have been a source of pride in the United Arab Emirates, the top-ranking Arab country. Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid, the country's vice president and ruler of Dubai, tweeted the news to his nearly 1.3 million followers. One UAE-based newspaper used the occasion to favourably compare itself with Britain, which ranked nine spots lower.

The Nigerian blogosphere has clearly taken notice of their low-standing position. Here's the sober reaction of one blogger: “Not very good outcome. Not good at all.”

Here is the top 10 on the where-to-be-born index:

1. Switzerland
2. Australia
3. Norway
4. Sweden
5. Denmark
6. Singapore
7. New Zealand
8. Netherlands
9. Canada
10. Hong Kong

http://www.canadianbusiness.com/blog/data/108389--canada-is-the-9th-best-country-to-be-born-in-next-year-says-the-economist

warmest

Oct 11, 2012
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 Mar 2005
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
04 Jun 2005
IELTS Request
Submitted in Jul 2005
Vancouver still third in new Economist ranking of most livable cities

By Trevor Melanson, August 14, 2012

Vancouverites may be disappointed their city is no longer number one for livability according to The Economist, a ranking it lost last year to Melbourne after almost a decade at the top. But Canada as a whole continues to rank very well, with three cities in the top 10.

Vancouver came in third, just 0.2 points behind first-place Melbourne and 0.1 behind second-place Vienna. Toronto ranked fourth, 0.1 points behind Vancouver, and Calgary followed in fifth. A few cities on the lower-half of the list shuffled spots from last year, but not Canada's, which retained not only the same rankings from last year but the same scores as well.

The list tends to be dominated by Canadian and Australian cities, whose similar living conditions hit the mark for The Economist's methodology.

"As has been clear for several years now, the cities that do best in this ranking are mid-sized conurbations in countries with low population densities. Such conditions are likely to result in low crime levels, functioning infrastructure and easily available recreational activities," the magazine wrote in its Gulliver blog Tuesday.

Last year, The Economist said Vancouver's fall from grace was due to increased congestion, a point of contention for many Canadians, due to the the magazine citing closures on the Malahat highway on Vancouver Island as an example. The magazine later clarified:

"The author of the EIU's report has told me that he did not mean to suggest that Vancouver's fall from grace was a result of the closures of the Malahat highway on Vancouver Island, though many have understandably interpreted it this way and commented to this effect, both on this article and elsewhere. The Malahat closures were meant to provide an example of the congestion that has affected the region as a whole."

But perhaps Vancouver residents shouldn't be too upset with the latest report. In last year's, The Economist noted that the ranking had been conducted before the city's downtown riot, which it said was likely to cause the city to "head downward in subsequent iterations."

But riots be damned. Vancouver ranked and scored the same as it did in 2011.

The Top 10:

1. Melbourne 97.5
2. Vienna 97.4
3. Vancouver 97.3
4. Toronto 97.2
5. Calgary 96.6

6. Adelaide 96.6
7. Sydney 96.1
8. Helsinki 96.0
9. Perth 95.9
10. Auckland 95.7

http://www.canadianbusiness.com/blog/data/95251--vancouver-still-third-in-new-economist-ranking-of-most-livable-cities

wounderful

Oct 18, 2012
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad - London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2005
AOR Received.
17-07-2005
IELTS Request
original sent with application
File Transfer...
30-09-2010
Dear Members:

Prior to our cases hearing on 14-16th Jan the following case No. IMM-3727-12 also to watch closely as the date for hearing this case is Jan 9, 2012.

Order rendered by The Honourable Madam Justice Tremblay-Lamer at Ottawa on 12-OCT-2012 granting the application for leave specifying documents to be produced and/or filed as follows: Tribunal Material on or before November 2, 2012 Applicant' further affidavits on or before November 13, 2012 Respondent's furhter affidavits on or before November 22, 2012 Cross-examinations on affidavits on or before December 3, 2012 Applicant's further memorandum on or before December 12, 2012 Respondent's further memorandum on or before December 27, 2012 Transcript of cross examinations on or before December 27, 2012 fixing the hearing at a Special Sitting at Toronto on 09-JAN-2013 to begin at 09:30 Decision filed on 12-OCT-2012 Considered by the Court without personal appearance entered in J. & O. Book, volume 572 page(s) 351 - 353 Copy of the order sent to all parties Transmittal Letters placed on file.

wounderful

Oct 18, 2012
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad - London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2005
AOR Received.
17-07-2005
IELTS Request
original sent with application
File Transfer...
30-09-2010
Wish007 said:
Hi Dear wonderful , warmest, noon and everyone
I regularly see your post as we are in the same boat. All of your post keeps me updated regarding current situation and I really feel I am not alone.
I am not a part of any litigation but one of the affected applicants of pre 2008 (2006 applicant). I could not stop myself to tell all of you below quotation
“Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all. Together we stand, divided we fall.”
― Pink Floyd
Welcome Wish007 I suggest not to wait for a class action and pay a little money and join us by selecting any of our lead cases lawyers. As hope for a class action I think is almost finish.

kau_shik_patel

Nov 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SASKATCHEWAN - NDVO
NOC Code......
2281/2282
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2015
Doc's Request.
13-04-2016
Nomination.....
25-04-2016
AOR Received.
20-07-2016
IELTS Request
Already Submitted
File Transfer...
19-08-2016
Med's Request
16-12-2016
Med's Done....
28-12-2016
Interview........
00-00-2017
Passport Req..
14-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-2017
LANDED..........
00-00-2017
.... the lawyers challenging 87.4 are advocating to argue on a test case in mid Jan for, they're getting the dates earlier than expected. At the same time, they adjourned their meeting on 11/23 & 11/30 to certify the case as a Class Act or Lead Managed. They are leaving the motion moved to certify the case in the middle, and argue on a test case. If J.Barnes rules out to certify the earlier motion, the lawyers may not be able to appeal against the same in the Federal Court.

kau_shik_patel

Nov 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SASKATCHEWAN - NDVO
NOC Code......
2281/2282
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2015
Doc's Request.
13-04-2016
Nomination.....
25-04-2016
AOR Received.
20-07-2016
IELTS Request
Already Submitted
File Transfer...
19-08-2016
Med's Request
16-12-2016
Med's Done....
28-12-2016
Interview........
00-00-2017
Passport Req..
14-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-2017
LANDED..........
00-00-2017
J.Barnes has played smartly, by insulating himself from releasing a decision on Tim's motion and on certification of the group challenging 87.4 as a Class Action, lately. What if the case is not certified as Class Act, and the lawyers challenging 87.4 loose a chance to appeal in the Federal Court before Mid Jan'13. The lawyers may loose a chance to appeal in Federal Court, on the motion asking J.Barnes to certify the case as a Class Act.