+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Federal Skilled Worker Class Action Lawsuit

bunny27

Oct 22, 2012
sbernados said:
When will be the start of court hearing for this action lawsuit? thanks.
Is anyone recently got his CAIPS NOTES from India and upto which month/yr caips allocated ????

ns777

Oct 22, 2012
hopeful4 said:
Ns777
The files was sent to the official whose initails are written (this is only an abbreviation of his name). Thed BD f is the bring forward date, which means that an officer should examine your application in that date to see if any change happened.
Did you get any score in your CAIPS?
hello.. hopeful4!! thanks for your response. i've seen that they only allocated 10 points in my age. how about you? did u apply for CAIPS?

CanadaSet

Star Member
Apr 19, 2011
Singapore
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2014
Doc's Request.
06-03-2015
Nomination.....
10-12-2014
AOR Received.
20-01-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
06-03-2015
Med's Done....
12-03-2015
Passport Req..
29-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2015
LANDED..........
2 September 2015
Hello beautiful people :)

I had ordered my caips notes and the File B'FD to PS on 26-12-2016...microlocator....
....horror... why 2016
i am pre-feb application applied in Jan 2008 from singapore..
2016 would be like 8 years from the time of application.. . :-\

I have joined the litigation in August through David Cohen, had I known about Tim Leahy, I would have certainly joined him instead of Cohen. I read that he is very prompt in updating his clients. anyway.. lets hope for the best !!

warmest

Oct 11, 2012
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 Mar 2005
Doc's Request.
Submitted along with application
AOR Received.
04 Jun 2005
IELTS Request
Submitted in Jul 2005
hopeful4 said:
WARMEST even the MI 1 applicants are complaining now about long processing times,,,,some of them are joining Tim litigation
Yes hopeful4, you are right. It is nice to know that those applicants are also joining our litigation. Unity is strength. We should welcome more litigants into our fold so as to show Jason Kenney that we are mightier than him. I meant, our judge's pen is mightier than Jason Kenney's sword.

warmest

Oct 11, 2012
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 Mar 2005
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
04 Jun 2005
IELTS Request
Submitted in Jul 2005
jevan said:
s.
@ warmest,
thanks alot dear.
You are welcome my dear jevan. :)

warmest

Oct 11, 2012
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 Mar 2005
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
04 Jun 2005
IELTS Request
Submitted in Jul 2005
CanadaSet said:
Hello beautiful people :)

I had ordered my caips notes and the File B'FD to PS on 26-12-2016...microlocator....
....horror... why 2016
i am pre-feb application applied in Jan 2008 from singapore..
2016 would be like 8 years from the time of application.. . :-\

I have joined the litigation in August through David Cohen, had I known about Tim Leahy, I would have certainly joined him instead of Cohen. I read that he is very prompt in updating his clients. anyway.. lets hope for the best !!
Hello beautiful CanadaSet, ;)

Better late than never. Even now you can join Tim Leahy. There is an exciting opportunity awaiting those who join Tim's litigation now. Here are three excerpts from Tim Leahy's postings (not new), which you might find extremely useful.

Excerpt 1
You have two options for litigation. There is a class-action lawsuit percolating, and it will bubble up now that Bill C-38 has come into force. While you could pay one of the lawyers to represent you, you would be covered in any event if the Court certifies a class-action. The second is the litigation I initiated on October 28th. DoJ has failed to agree to apply the decision issued June 14th for the other litigants, and the judge has authorised me to admit new litigants. On July 10th, CIC is to reply to my motion, asking the Court to clarify and impose the term of the agreement we filed with the Court in February. I would expect DoJ to request that the Court close the group. The Court's ruling is unlikely to occur before the week of July 16th.

The fee is $750 CAD to join and, if we secure a processing time-frame, another $750. If you decide to join, I need the following in order to prepare the agreement:
1. the name the visa-post is using for the principle applicant,
2. name of visa post,
3. your file number,
4. city/province/country where you will sign the agreement and
5. your telephone number.

Payment may be made in Canada, the US, the UK or the Philippines. (I do not have credit card facilities.) If you give me your payment preference, I will include the relevant particulars with the retainer agreement.

The advantage of my litigation, which includes 900 at this point, is that (a) we will have a decision long before the class-action lawsuit has wound its way through the court (culminating, no doubt, in the Supreme Court of Canada) and (b) while CIC can processing 900+ files within a year, it cannot do the same with the 80,000 files which will be a part of the class-action. On the other hand, you do not need to pay to be a part of the class-action lawsuit.

If interested, you may reach me via contact @ unfairCIC.com

Excerpt 2
On July 9th, CIC notified the Court that it had repudiated the agreement to apply the decision in the representative case for the other litigants. On Friday, my reply will be filed, after which the motion goes to Justice Barnes to decide whether to (a) force CIC to honour the Agreement it signed and filed with the Court on February 3rd, and processing the litigants' files within a specified time-frame, (b) set hearings for the 1000+ litigants or (c) wash his hands of the matter, allowing the Minister to crucify the litigants. How he will rule remains to be seen.

Yes, others may join this litigation. If, however, Justice Barnes orders that the decision be enforced, the group will close and only those who had joined by that date will be covered. On the other hand, if he sets the cases down for hearings, the group will remain open (unless he closes it).

Excerpt 3
On June 26th, Justice Barnes said that I may add new litigants to the group. On July 27th, CIC asked the judge to separate those who joined after June 14th. Justice Barnes has yet to release a decision either on my motion, asking for enforcement of the Agreement; or if he grants my motion, to rescind his direction to permit others to join the group after June 14th and to exclude them. When he rules on the issues, we will know. Until then, we do not.

If, however, the motion is dismissed, all the litigants -- both pre- and post-June 14th -- will become a part of the so-called "class action" challenging closure of the files. Likewise, if my motion is granted but the post-June 14th litigants are not included, they will become a part of the so-called "class action" lawsuit.

In other words, although it is not certain that those who joined after June 14th will benefit from the Agreement, if they do not, their cases will become a part of the "class action" lawsuit. So, they have two bites at the apple whereas those who do not join will have only one -- or none.

When I said an exciting opportunity is awaiting, I did not mean Tim Leahy's fees. I meant the chance to "have two bites at the apple". Tim's fees are actually reasonable. Tim's fees cannot be cheap, because he does not ride on others shoulders (meaning does not capitalise on others efforts). He does all the groundwork himself and hence deserves his fees. Moreover he knows what he does. He has clarity of thought and is confident about what he speaks and stands for. The idiom "If you pay peanuts, you get monkeys" makes sense here.

hopeful4

Sep 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-9-2007
Doc's Request.
10-3-2010
AOR Received.
18-1-2008
IELTS Request
10-3-2010
File Transfer...
17-5-2012
Med's Request
18-3-2013
Med's Done....
21-3-2013
Passport Req..
16-4-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-4-2013
LANDED..........
June-July 2013
Within 2 months I sent the Vienna office 3 e mails and I got only one generic reply 1,5 lines long after 19 days of my inquiry !!!
These people are not treating us like humans ,,,,so depressing

kiwi1

Star Member
Jun 9, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
farmerofthedell: have u got ur CAIPS yet? how was it?

cheers

farmerofthedell said:
I ordered CAIPS using CIC's Request for Information form, to be sent to Tim as he requested. I believe everything will be "0" as I am under Simplified Application Process -- no docs submitted until request for update.

farmerofthedell

Star Member
Jun 21, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2014-09-12
AOR Received.
2014-12-30
File Transfer...
2015-01-08
Med's Request
2015-07-02
Med's Done....
2015-07-07
Passport Req..
2015-08-04
VISA ISSUED...
2015-08-21
LANDED..........
2016-03-18
kiwi1 said:
farmerofthedell: have u got ur CAIPS yet? how was it?

cheers
I had mine sent directly to Tim as per his instructions. I don't intend to get a copy for myself as I already know what it contains. Zero everything except for age, as I am under SAP and Manila isn't processing my year yet.

kiwi1

Star Member
Jun 9, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sorry just wondering.....how did u know if u did not have a copy....has Tim already recd it and advised u of what's in it?......

farmerofthedell said:
I had mine sent directly to Tim as per his instructions. I don't intend to get a copy for myself as I already know what it contains. Zero everything except for age, as I am under SAP and Manila isn't processing my year yet.

hopeful4

Sep 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-9-2007
Doc's Request.
10-3-2010
AOR Received.
18-1-2008
IELTS Request
10-3-2010
File Transfer...
17-5-2012
Med's Request
18-3-2013
Med's Done....
21-3-2013
Passport Req..
16-4-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-4-2013
LANDED..........
June-July 2013
kiwi1 said:
sorry just wondering.....how did u know if u did not have a copy....has Tim already recd it and advised u of what's in it?......
Farmerofthedell is sure because he was under the simplified application process and no documents or ielts were requested from him. So all similar cases got scores for age only ,,,,,sorry to say that .
CIC is simply unfair,,,,no other word to describe it

erdavid

Star Member
Jul 3, 2012
kiwi1 said:
hi kiwi,

i have applied for CAIPS notes last July2012 and recieved it the next month. all selection criteria are ZERO except for my age which had a 10. also NO total grid points for my notes, PSDEC and SELDEC are all zero. I had applied May2007 in Manila VO. I know someone from Manila as well who had the same results as mine although she applied in 2006. So if you have the same month/year as mine, we might have the same case/results for the CAIPS notes.

i applied again for physical copy of CAIPS notes directly mailed to Tim this early October.

regards, erdavid

regards, edgar

kiwi1

Star Member
Jun 9, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
erdavid:

thanks for this info...i think u are right....the info may be the same...

did Tim asked u to send ur CAIPS notes directly to him?...any updates from Tim?....

thanks....

erdavid said:
hi kiwi,

i have applied for CAIPS notes last July2012 and recieved it the next month. all selection criteria are ZERO except for my age which had a 10. also NO total grid points for my notes, PSDEC and SELDEC are all zero. I had applied May2007 in Manila VO. I know someone from Manila as well who had the same results as mine although she applied in 2006. So if you have the same month/year as mine, we might have the same case/results for the CAIPS notes.

i applied again for physical copy of CAIPS notes directly mailed to Tim this early October.

regards, erdavid

regards, edgar

kiwi1

Star Member
Jun 9, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hopeful4....thanks man...u are right...this is frustrating...

hopeful4 said:
Farmerofthedell is sure because he was under the simplified application process and no documents or ielts were requested from him. So all similar cases got scores for age only ,,,,,sorry to say that .
CIC is simply unfair,,,,no other word to describe it

farmerofthedell

Star Member
Jun 21, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2014-09-12
AOR Received.
2014-12-30
File Transfer...
2015-01-08
Med's Request
2015-07-02
Med's Done....
2015-07-07
Passport Req..
2015-08-04
VISA ISSUED...
2015-08-21
LANDED..........
2016-03-18
If Justice Barnes cannot be persuaded to force CIC to abide by the agreement, but will allow individual hearings on the merits of each case, CAIPS will show that CIC is the cause of delay for FSW-SAP applicants (where CIC would be allowed to delay processing if it is the fault of the applicant or of a third party). That's the value I see in Tim having a copy of my CAIPS.