Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2008
AOR Received.
28-05-2008
erdavid said:
hi sac,
if you know someone from inside Canada it will only be CAN$5. the only drawback is that he can view your CAIPS note results. i have applied my CAIPS thru my friend in Canada.

regards, erdavid
erdavid: i shall ask my sister in montreal to order my CAIPS notes for me. thanks!

farmerofthedell

Star Member
Jun 21, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2014-09-12
AOR Received.
2014-12-30
File Transfer...
2015-01-08
Med's Request
2015-07-02
Med's Done....
2015-07-07
Passport Req..
2015-08-04
VISA ISSUED...
2015-08-21
LANDED..........
2016-03-18
sac: Do you know the value of an AIM degree? My brother got his first NZ job at Auckland City Council because of it. It also helped that he was the only one with a master's degree among 6 qualified applicants. :-D

kiwi1: While records are public except when ordered sealed by the court, I would prefer not to name names. Instead, I will provide the text that appears in the person's record.

"Notice of discontinuance on behalf of the applicant filed on __-___-2012"

The circumstance here is that applicant inquired with Tim but had not agreed and sent payment then (even as applicant provided all info needed for filing). Before applicant decided not to join, Tim had filed to be ahead of any decision by the judge. Later on, Tim probably learned that applicant will not be signing on, then filed the notice.

I stand corrected on the withdrawal issue. With the wording of the notice, it is not only representation that is withdrawn, but the entire file is discontinued from further litigation.

sac

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2008
AOR Received.
28-05-2008
farmerofthedell said:
sac: Do you know the value of an AIM degree? My brother got his first NZ job at Auckland City Council because of it. It also helped that he was the only one with a master's degree among 6 qualified applicants. :-D

kiwi1: While records are public except when ordered sealed by the court, I would prefer not to name names. Instead, I will provide the text that appears in the person's record.

The circumstance here is that applicant inquired with Tim but had not agreed and sent payment then (even as applicant provided all info needed for filing). Before applicant decided not to join, Tim had filed to be ahead of any decision by the judge. Later on, Tim probably learned that applicant will not be signing on, then filed the notice.

I stand corrected on the withdrawal issue. With the wording of the notice, it is not only representation that is withdrawn, but the entire file is discontinued from further litigation.
I must be that applicant who chickened out from Tim's litigation. I was prepared to provide the payment but later thought a pending litigation by me against the CIC would jeopardize my being issued a Canadian tourist visa as I plan to visit Montreal by middle of next year.

sac

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2008
AOR Received.
28-05-2008
erdavid said:
hi sac,
if you know someone from inside Canada it will only be CAN$5. the only drawback is that he can view your CAIPS note results. i have applied my CAIPS thru my friend in Canada.

regards, erdavid
David, when do you plan to submit a new application under the new selection grid? january? have you assembled your documents already? How about your IELTS, you have taken it already? What about the credential assessments, you would do it within this year?

kiwi1

Star Member
Jun 9, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi farmerofthedell

appreciate the info...yes, i am not after whose file it was, but just curious what was recorded when Tim withdrew...

thanks heaps...

farmerofthedell said:

erdavid

Star Member
Jul 3, 2012
sac said:
David, when do you plan to submit a new application under the new selection grid? january? have you assembled your documents already? How about your IELTS, you have taken it already? What about the credential assessments, you would do it within this year?
hi sac,
iam planning early 2013 if possible. all my documents were in Philippines while Iam working now in Singapore. I will be back for 3 days in Philippines this Oct26. hopefully i can complete it within that timeframe. can you give me your email so that we can colaberate what is needed? :)

i have not taken an IELTS and no credential assessments yet. i saw in one post that there are free credential assessment but now sure that status now for that.

regards, erdavid

sac

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2008
AOR Received.
28-05-2008
erdavid said:
hi sac,
iam planning early 2013 if possible. all my documents were in Philippines while Iam working now in Singapore. I will be back for 3 days in Philippines this Oct26. hopefully i can complete it within that timeframe. can you give me your email so that we can colaberate what is needed? :)

i have not taken an IELTS and no credential assessments yet. i saw in one post that there are free credential assessment but now sure that status now for that.

regards, erdavid
edgar, what is your work there in singapore and which NOC are you applying for in Canada? my email add is sam.cuarto@gmail.com

farmerofthedell

Star Member
Jun 21, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2014-09-12
AOR Received.
2014-12-30
File Transfer...
2015-01-08
Med's Request
2015-07-02
Med's Done....
2015-07-07
Passport Req..
2015-08-04
VISA ISSUED...
2015-08-21
LANDED..........
2016-03-18
sac said:
I must be that applicant who chickened out from Tim's litigation. I was prepared to provide the payment but later thought a pending litigation by me against the CIC would jeopardize my being issued a Canadian tourist visa as I plan to visit Montreal by middle of next year.
Definitely not you. This one I got to know from the backloggers FB group. I told him how to check if his case has been filed, so he did. He saw his case, but it was filed by Tim, not Cecil Rotenberg. Apparently he got in touch with Tim, and Tim probably reviewed all his cases to see who hasn't confirmed and paid. I believe his issue was price, not the possibility of being denied a visitor visa.

hopeful4

Sep 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-9-2007
Doc's Request.
10-3-2010
AOR Received.
18-1-2008
IELTS Request
10-3-2010
File Transfer...
17-5-2012
Med's Request
18-3-2013
Med's Done....
21-3-2013
Passport Req..
16-4-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-4-2013
LANDED..........
June-July 2013
DO you know if the Canadain government determined the institutions which will make the education assessment or not yet?

erdavid

Star Member
Jul 3, 2012
sac said:
edgar, what is your work there in singapore and which NOC are you applying for in Canada? my email add is sam.cuarto @ gmail.com
hi sac, am a test engineer in an IC company in Singapore, been working here for ~2yrs :D basically i do software programming. i applied for NOC2241 but my work now is not somewhat related... i'll send you my email...

regards, edgar

sac

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2008
AOR Received.
28-05-2008
erdavid said:
hi sac, am a test engineer in an IC company in Singapore, been working here for ~2yrs :D basically i do software programming. i applied for NOC2241 but my work now is not somewhat related... i'll send you my email...

regards, edgar
edgar, you will need to get an assessment of your education credentials, I think. farmerofthedell is very much knowledgeable about the ways around this canadian immigration thing which all of us aspired for. i am lining up my own options too, including those desperate measures like marrying someone there with a PR ha ha ha. I am still single by the way! regulated professions such as engineers, nurses, lawyers, doctors and nurses need to upgrade, i think, once you are there before you can land a job related to your professional training and work background in engineering.

is singapore not good for you? Canada, indeed, beacons as the quality of life there is much better even if one is doing survival job in fast-food chains.

hopeful4

Sep 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-9-2007
Doc's Request.
10-3-2010
AOR Received.
18-1-2008
IELTS Request
10-3-2010
File Transfer...
17-5-2012
Med's Request
18-3-2013
Med's Done....
21-3-2013
Passport Req..
16-4-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-4-2013
LANDED..........
June-July 2013
I am trying to squeeze every bit of info to conclude whether new fsw will be open to all NOC or restricted list. THe Gazette mentions

- FSWC (Foreign Skilled Worker Class): for managerial, professional or technical occupations
-kenney mentioned in a tweet 0, a, b skills which is actually another way of saying - managerial, professional or technical occupations

THe thing is : will be a restricted list under 0, a, b jobs ?
I Have to take the ielts, and my spouse too,,,,,and we have too book now if we want to be ready by Jan ,,,,,but I am afraid to pay the fees, study, take the examination,,,,and not find my job on the list!!

does anyone have better info?

sac

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2008
AOR Received.
28-05-2008
hopeful4 said:
I am trying to squeeze every bit of info to conclude whether new fsw will be open to all NOC or restricted list. THe Gazette mentions

- FSWC (Foreign Skilled Worker Class): for managerial, professional or technical occupations
-kenney mentioned in a tweet 0, a, b skills which is actually another way of saying - managerial, professional or technical occupations

THe thing is : will be a restricted list under 0, a, b jobs ?
I Have to take the ielts, and my spouse too,,,,,and we have too book now if we want to be ready by Jan ,,,,,but I am afraid to pay the fees, study, take the examination,,,,and not find my job on the list!!

does anyone have better info?

hopeful4: nothing can be said as definite as to whether there is a restricted list or a cap within those O, A and B until we see the CIC opening the applications by january. all we could do now is worry and worry and nothing happens as we worry, right? perhaps, we indeed have to wait. but i suggest, we should be ready with our documents, including the IELTS (anyway, this has two years validity now) for submission anytime the application is open. good luck hopeful4!

hopeful4

Sep 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-9-2007
Doc's Request.
10-3-2010
AOR Received.
18-1-2008
IELTS Request
10-3-2010
File Transfer...
17-5-2012
Med's Request
18-3-2013
Med's Done....
21-3-2013
Passport Req..
16-4-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-4-2013
LANDED..........
June-July 2013
Again this source implies there will be a list

6. Why are you imposing a limit per occupation?
We're introducing a limit of 1,000 applications per occupation to better manage the supply of applications on the occupation list. We have seen higher than expected numbers of applicants claiming experience in eligible occupations. The limit will allow us prevent an over-representation of any one occupation on the list.
7. What will happen with applications received after the cap is reached? How will applicants know their application isn't being processed?
These applicants will be informed, in writing, that their application will not continue for processing and that their processing fees will be returned.

sac

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2008
AOR Received.
28-05-2008
hopeful4 said:
Again this source implies there will be a list

6. Why are you imposing a limit per occupation?
We're introducing a limit of 1,000 applications per occupation to better manage the supply of applications on the occupation list. We have seen higher than expected numbers of applicants claiming experience in eligible occupations. The limit will allow us prevent an over-representation of any one occupation on the list.
7. What will happen with applications received after the cap is reached? How will applicants know their application isn't being processed?
These applicants will be informed, in writing, that their application will not continue for processing and that their processing fees will be returned.
there you go! so there is going to a list, a cap, in other words per priority job. and priority job is only 29 as of the last intake.