07-01-2019
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2019
LANDED..........
07-06-2019
avijitsg said:
Hi sbernados,
Can you help me how can I insert hyperlink
This forum sometimes wont allow to insert hyperlink. I always have difficulty in posting the link, thats why i copy paste the article here instead.

sbernados

Star Member
Aug 7, 2012
Abu Dhabi
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
PNP 02-05-2018
Doc's Request.
PNP 15-06-2018
Nomination.....
17-08-2018
AOR Received.
17-09-2018
Med's Request
29-08-2018
Med's Done....
29-08-2019
Passport Req..
07-01-2019
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2019
LANDED..........
07-06-2019
hopeful4 said:
what I Understand: The legitation of Tim Leahy has a hearing next week and he will ask to apply the judgment of the lead case to the rest of pre-2008 applicants? or to those who joined the Tim Leahy case only?

Does this include those who joined the class action with Cohen and Bellisimo as well?
Hi hopeful4, I think that's for the unfaircic litigants only, this was the first batch of litigants (900 litigants) launched prior the announcement of the termination of pre-2008 applicants. This was represented by Tim Leahy only. I think that incase they will get good result, this will give us hope for the class action group. It only means we should also be having the same outcome with them. But if they loose, they will be part now of our group, the so-called class action. So then, all of us will be waiting for the result next year.

erdavid

Star Member
Jul 3, 2012
sbernados said:
Hi hopeful4, I think that's for the unfaircic litigants only, this was the first batch of litigants (900 litigants) launched prior the announcement of the termination of pre-2008 applicants. This was represented by Tim Leahy only. I think that incase they will get good result, this will give us hope for the class action group. It only means we should also be having the same outcome with them. But if they loose, they will be part now of our group, the so-called class action. So then, all of us will be waiting for the result next year.
hi,
this was also mentioned by Tim Leahy in one of his post in linkedin - the decision was only applicable to his group. Tim and his group was trying to fight to enforce for their agreement with CIC sometime ago.

iam also part of Tim's group but joined at a later date.

regard., erdavid

hopefulever

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDLS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2004
Doc's Request.
Nov 2008
When will justice Bernes deliver written judgement on Tim litigation? Any hint?

kiwi1

Star Member
Jun 9, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi guyz...sharing with u update from Tim....

Good day,

There is still no decision on my motion, asking the Court to order CIC to honour our Agreement. However, yesterday the following occurred:

1. Justice Barnes called for a meeting with counsel involved in the 87.4 litigation for September 27th at 2pm. The agenda was not disclosed.

2. Justice Barnes set November 23rd and 30th for motion concerning certification for a class-action in challenging s. 87.4, the provision which closed the unassessed pre-BIll C-50 FSW files.

3. Lawrence Wong provided a copy of the Minister's May 17th answers to questions a Senate Parliamentary Committee put to him. The most salient Q's&A's are:

Senator Callbeck: Welcome, minister, and thank you for appearing. I want to ask about the Federal Skilled Worker Program and the backlog. The 300,000 applications that came in before February 27, 2008, will be sent back. Were any estimates made on how much it would have cost to bring in the resources to deal with these applicants?

Mr. Kenney: First, to make a correction, it is 100,000 applications, representing 300,000 individuals. [Note: The Minister's using "300,000 applicants" in order to exaggerate the size of the backlog even followed Parliament.]

To answer your question, yes, we know the resources that would be required to bring them in. If we were to bring them all in at once, this would mean moving our immigration plan from about 260,000 permanent residents to about 560,000. That would be unlikely to meet public support.

Alternatively, we could continue with caps on new applications over the next few years and seek to process the 100,000 in the Federal Skilled Worker Program backlog. However, we believe, based on current levels, that it would take us until about 2017 or 2018 to admit all those people and eliminate the backlog. The cost would be static, whatever our operational costs currently are. [Note: If CIC had processed FSW files at the same rate in 2010 and 2011 as it had in 2009, the backlog would have been eliminated. If it processed all the files on hand on 31 December 2011 at the 2011 rate, which was half of the 2009 rate, it would take 34 months to finalize them all -- per CIC's own statistics.]

Senator Callbeck: It certainly does not seem fair that people have applied and have been on the waiting list for years, and now they will get their applications back. I know they are getting their fee back, but they have been waiting for years.

What about the people who are on that list from March 1, 2008? Will they be judged under the new criteria of this Federal Skilled Worker Program?

Mr. Kenney: Yes. It is our intention to apply the new criteria, which we intend to develop this year, to those who are in the backlog in the inventory. For example, I intend to pre-publish this June a new points grid for the Federal Skilled Worker Program that would then come into effect later in the year, and it would be our intention to assess applicants who remain in the backlog against those new criteria that we think are more pertinent, which better assess the likelihood of people succeeding in the Canadian economy.

In terms of fairness, I would reiterate our view that it has been unfair to have all our skilled worker applicants waiting in the queue for seven or eight years. I do not want to be too partisan about this, but this is not a problem that developed in the last five years. When the current government came to office, we inherited a backlog in the immigration system of 840,000 people waiting for years to come to Canada. We are trying to move beyond that, as other developed countries have, so we can attract people more quickly with a higher ratio of their having jobs already lined up so that they have higher levels of employment and income.

Senator Callbeck: The new criteria for the Federal Skilled Worker Program has not been established yet.

Mr. Kenney: No, although we have been very transparent. We have had widespread consultations. While we have not published it, I can tell you it is our intention to raise the points allocated to younger workers, essentially, to focus more on younger applicants, higher levels of language proficiency for those hoping to come into regulated professions, higher points for people with pre-arranged employment, and higher points for people with Canadian as opposed to foreign work experience. We also intend to create a new skilled trades stream that will facilitate the admission into Canada of people who can work in skilled trades rather than just professions.

Senator Callbeck: Can the 300,000 that are getting their applications back after they have waited for years reapply under the new criteria?

Mr. Kenney: Yes.

Senator Callbeck: Will they be fast-tracked?

Mr. Kenney: No, with a qualifier. If any of them can obtain an offer of employment with a Canadian employer, they can go to the front of the line

right now, and they can in the new system as well.

Senator Callbeck: Anyone can go to the front of the line?

Mr. Kenney: Anyone who has a credible offer of employment right now. We limit the number of new applications currently to the Federal Skilled Worker Program to only 10,000 per year as part of our backlog reduction strategy. The exception is that people can get into that fast-track program to be admitted in less than a year if they have pre-arranged employment.

http://www.parl.gc.ca/content/sen/committee/411/SOCI/17EVB-49555-E.HTM

When I asked CIC's witness in our litigation whether CIC would apply the new criteria retrospectively, CIC's witness stated under oath that they would not do so. He said so one week after the Minister told Parliament the opposite. Justice Rennie believed the lie, stating in Liang:

[55] The applicants also argue that they have a legitimate expectation to have their applications processed based on the selection criteria in place when their applications were submitted. The applicants appear to want the Court to pre-emptively prevent the Minister to decide in the future to change the substantive basis on which the applications will be considered. However, there is absolutely no evidence that the Minister will begin applying the new criteria retrospectively. On the contrary, the Minister has made it clear that all applications are to be processed in accordance with the criteria in place at the time the applications were submitted. Thus, there is no evidentiary foundation on which this argument can be based.

The Minister's intention to apply the new selection criteria to "the backlog" will apply, not only to those who applied before 27 February 2008, but to everyone who will have applied up to the date he picks to introduce the new criteria.

Regards,

Tim

sac

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2008
AOR Received.
28-05-2008
sbernados said:
Thats also what my husband thinks sac. If they will do that denying tourist visa because we have a pending case against the CIC, then they just prove how unworthy is their immigration system. Im planning to visit canada this december, lets see if we will be deported.
that is also my fear sbernados. I am planning to visit my sister in Montreal summer of next year. and if i have a pending litigation against the CIC I am afraid I am not issued a tourist visa. Although I have been to canada five times in the past on a tourist and then student visa as I was taking a course at McGill University, this doesn't show proof that I am not going to stay put in Canada for good once they issue me a tourist visa and become an illegal immigrant since I am one of those going to be refunded for my PR application under the FSW route. I am willing to take the risk though of joining the litigation for the class action suit

sac

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2008
AOR Received.
28-05-2008
Feb2004 said:
Hi hopeful4,

I too applied for immigration in 2004. In 2010 I applied for student visa after getting admission in a Ph.d program. In 2009
my daughter also came to Canada on student visa. She too was part of the application in 2004. So immigration file does not affect your chances of a temporary visa. Though the program in which one is selected should be good enough to show that you are genuinely interested in studies.
Hi Feb2004! I applied for PhD Rural Sociology admission at the University of Alberta but was unable to get in. My application was not competitive. I need to revise my Initial Research Proposal. I did a masteral course in management at Desautels Faculty of Management and would want to continue on to a PhD. I have had three other masteral degrees taken at the Ateneo de Manila University, Asian Institute of Management and Ateneo Graduate School of Business (all in the Philippines). I can use these as credentials for my PhD Sociology application in Canada. Can you provide some advice on how you did your PhD application in Canada? In which university and what PhD Program? Thanks and God bless

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
sac said:
Hi Feb2004! I applied for PhD Rural Sociology admission at the University of Alberta but was unable to get in. My application was not competitive. I need to revise my Initial Research Proposal. I did a masteral course in management at Desautels Faculty of Management and would want to continue on to a PhD. I have had three other masteral degrees taken at the Ateneo de Manila University, Asian Institute of Management and Ateneo Graduate School of Business (all in the Philippines). I can use these as credentials for my PhD Sociology application in Canada. Can you provide some advice on how you did your PhD application in Canada? In which university and what PhD Program? Thanks and God bless
First of all you have to be clear about your area of research or your topic of interest. Second, its important to find a faculty member who is in the same field and can supervise you. You have to write to that faculty member describing your research interest and asking for his/er consent if he/she will be your supervisor. If they say yes, then you can refine your proposal by taking that person's help. This is how I proceeded. Atleast, then that faculty can defend your application in the admission process. In the North American system, it's important that you find a faculty related to your research interest prior to your admission and have correspondence with that person. And also be very clear about your research interest. Though after admission one can always make changes to the topic. If possible talk to some Ph.D student at the dept. Hope this helps.

mississaugans

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
I am very sorry to announce that no matter the efforts made by many applicants CIC started rejecting applicants Pre-Feb 2008...

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/pre-2008-case-close-and-shut-5-years-wait-down-the-drain-t119741.0.html

God be with you ...

kiwi1

Star Member
Jun 9, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi mississaugans

thanks for sharing.

ours is still in court...today, 27 Sept 2012 @ 2pm, counsels involved in the challenge or 87.4 will meet with Justice Barnes regarding the motion for a class action so there is no definite result yet.

did the post came from some1 who was the addressee of the letter because he has not indicated his timeline or info if he had joined the litigation.

cheers

mississaugans said:
I am very sorry to announce that no matter the efforts made by many applicants CIC started rejecting applicants Pre-Feb 2008...

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/pre-2008-case-close-and-shut-5-years-wait-down-the-drain-t119741.0.html

God be with you ...

sbernados

Star Member
Aug 7, 2012
Abu Dhabi
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
PNP 02-05-2018
Doc's Request.
PNP 15-06-2018
Nomination.....
17-08-2018
AOR Received.
17-09-2018
Med's Request
29-08-2018
Med's Done....
29-08-2019
Passport Req..
07-01-2019
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2019
LANDED..........
07-06-2019
kiwi1 said:
hi mississaugans

thanks for sharing.

ours is still in court...today, 27 Sept 2012 @ 2pm, counsels involved in the challenge or 87.4 will meet with Justice Barnes regarding the motion for a class action so there is no definite result yet.

did the post came from some1 who was the addressee of the letter because he has not indicated his timeline or info if he had joined the litigation.

cheers
hi kiwi1, i just hope there will be good result on the ruling next year. :'( or hopefully, within the year we can get good news.

sac

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2008
AOR Received.
28-05-2008
sbernados said:
hi kiwi1, i just hope there will be good result on the ruling next year. :'( or hopefully, within the year we can get good news.
Hello sbernados, when did you submit your FSW application? Mine was in late January 2008 and was received by Canadian Embassy Manila on February 5, 2008 and was therefore part of the Pre-27 February 2008 applications that are now for termination. Since 2008, I received only two communications from Canadian Embassy Manila. First was the acknowledgement of my application containing my OR for my application fees submitted and then my file number. Second communication was in December 22, 2008 inquiring me if I am interested to get refunded and have my application for FSW terminated, to which I should reply within 60 days. And that if I am not going to reply, that means I am still interested to migrate to Canada. I did not reply, nor requested for refund and hence my application is still live and pending with the Canadian Embassy Manila.

How about you, what is your case? When did you apply?

kiwi1

Star Member
Jun 9, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi sbernados

here's hoping....the earlier the better....
hope we get update as to what transpired in their meeting today (27/9/12) with Justice Barnes...
only thing is, Cohen's group is not sending out updates, I wonder if they do it purposely and only Bellissimo group is sending out the updates because both work together in this...

whose group do u belong in the litigation?...do u know who ur lead case is?

cheers

sbernados said:

spartan300

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Kathmandu, Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
1233/1312
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 05,012 PER.............. : Feb 24,012 DD encahsed : Feb 08,012
AOR Received.
Mar 15,012 2nd line in ecas: Aug 07,012
Med's Request
Aug 10,012
Med's Done....
Aug 19,012 3rd line in ecas: Aug 24, 012
Passport Req..
Aug 10,012 DM on ecas : Sep 21, 012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 19, 012
LANDED..........
Nov 25, 012

annel

Star Member
May 7, 2010
Sout Africa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2007
AOR Received.
27-12-2007
Hello everyone, I've send an update requeste to Cohen's office and this is what i got yesterday.

Dear Christo,

Please find the update of the Bellissimo Law Group below. We are also drafting our own update which will be issued in the coming days.

Essentially, our motion to extend the Stay was dismissed. However, files will not be closed and fees will not be refunded until November (when our certification hearing will occur) unless an applicant specifically requests the closure and refund between now and then (the government will be setting up a website for this purpose in the coming weeks). You can read more below.

Update: FSW Backlog Stay Heard in Ottawa September 18, 2012
Mario D. Bellissimo on behalf of Bellissimo Law Group, Campbell Cohen and the over 1100 applicants they represent argued the Stay Motion in Ottawa. The stay motion although dismissed was successful on many fronts:

1. An agreement was reached with the Department of Justice on behalf of Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) to (1) not initiate communications with applicants to process termination, (2) not to issue refunds unless applicants directly wish a refund, and (3) not destroy files until the outcome of the next step in the proceeding in November.

2. It is clear following this proceeding if necessary based on fact and law individual applicants can challenge the termination of their applications in Federal Court.

3. The case will now move forward to a Certification Hearing in November 2012 wherein applicants’ counsel will seek to certify a proceeding on behalf of all applicants who are facing termination and do not consent to the termination of their application.

Please contact me if you require anything else,

Best Regards,

Christopher Collette,

Special Assistant to Attorney David Cohen