+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Federal Skilled Worker Class Action Lawsuit

admin

Administrator
May 23, 2006
SOURCE:
http://www.cicnews.com/2012/07/case-federal-skilled-worker-backlog-reduction-071663.html

BRIEF SUMMARY FROM ARTICLE ABOVE:
Recent changes to Canada's immigration legislation have called for the closure of Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) files submitted before February 28, 2008. Many who applied before this date have been confused and upset by this decision, and want to know what they can do to fight it.

If you submitted an application to the FSW program before February 28, 2008, and a selection decision on your application was not made by March 29, 2012, you can add your name to the list of applicants challenging the government's decision. Attorney David Cohen is acting as co-counsel in the effort to prevent Citizenship and Immigration Canada from terminating pre-February 2008 applications. He is currently representing approximately 200 applicants.

The more applicants who are willing to take a stand against the decision, the stronger message they will send to the Canadian government in court. You can take a stand now by clicking the link below and by paying a one-time deposit of USD $500:

CLICK BELOW TO CHALLENGE THE GOVERNMENT'S DECISION
https://www.canadavisa.com/static/online/classaction/

Karwa Sach

Star Member
Aug 1, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
admin said:
SOURCE:
http://www.cicnews.com/2012/07/case-federal-skilled-worker-backlog-reduction-071663.html

Recent changes to Canada's immigration legislation have called for the closure of Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) files submitted before February 28, 2008. Many who applied before this date have been confused and upset by this decision, and want to know what they can do to fight it.

If you submitted an application to the FSW program before February 28, 2008, and a selection decision on your application was not made by March 29, 2012, you can add your name to the list of applicants challenging the government's decision. Attorney David Cohen is acting as co-counsel in the effort to prevent Citizenship and Immigration Canada from terminating pre-February 2008 applications. He is currently representing approximately 200 applicants.

The more applicants who are willing to take a stand against the decision, the stronger message they will send to the Canadian government in court. You can take a stand now by clicking the link below and by paying a one-time deposit of $500:

This is a nice step by David Cohen and I think the effected applicants must not hesitate to response this offer of just $500.
Plus one from me to you admin

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
admin said:
SOURCE:

The more applicants who are willing to take a stand against the decision, the stronger message they will send to the Canadian government in court. You can take a stand now by clicking the link below and by paying a one-time deposit of USD $500:

I hope the efforts being made by David Cohen and TEAM has fruitful results.

Tons Good Wishes and prayers for the MOST EFFICIENT Team and for the Pre feb 2008 applicants.

+1...infinite... :)

Mitali

noon

Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2004
Doc's Request.
11-10-2008
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
28-07-2004
IELTS Request
november 2006
File Transfer...
NA
Interview........
I think it is waived
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op06-eng.pdf

OP 6
Federal Skilled Workers - Applications
received before February 27, 2008

This processing manual is updated lately on 22-03-2012

Below is an important part which says how they are going to deal with those pre feb 2008 files which are active:

10.3. Substituted evaluation
R76(3) makes possible substituted evaluation by an officer. This authority may be used if an
officer believes the point total is not a sufficient indicator of whether or not the applicant may
become economically established in Canada.
Substituted evaluation is to be considered on a case-by-case basis. The scope of what an officer
might consider as relevant cannot be limited by a prescribed list of factors to be used in support of
exercising substituted evaluation. There are any number and combination of considerations that
an officer might cite as being pertinent to assessing, as per the wording of R76(3): “. . . the
likelihood of the ability of the skilled worker to become economically established in Canada. . . .”
Frequency of use will vary from visa office to visa office, as some will find in their caseloads more
situations of disconnect between the point total and establishment prospects than will others. The
fact that the applicant “almost attained” a pass mark is not, in itself, grounds to recommend the
use of substituted evaluation. Rather, the officer needs to identify and document the facts
demonstrating that the points awarded are not a sufficient indicator of the applicant's ability to
become economically established in Canada.
For legal clarity, officers should employ the terms used in legislation, such as “substituted
evaluation” or “ability to become economically established.”

KSAapplicant

May 15, 2011
admin said:
SOURCE:

I also think in the current circumstances IF the litigants win the lawsuit, the favourable judgement will benefit only to those specific applicants who would have partcipated in the lawsuit . The game is over for all other applicants except partcipating in the lawsuit.In that case I think the initiative taken by Campbell Cohen & his team is a very encouraging step as it provides a genuine and reliable platform for the applicants.

sbernados

Star Member
Aug 7, 2012
Abu Dhabi
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
PNP 02-05-2018
Doc's Request.
PNP 15-06-2018
Nomination.....
17-08-2018
AOR Received.
17-09-2018
Med's Request
29-08-2018
Med's Done....
29-08-2019
Passport Req..
07-01-2019
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2019
LANDED..........
07-06-2019
i joined the FSW Class action lawsuit 5 days (3 working days) ago in their link given, i havent receive yet the confirmation and acknowledgement receipt of my payment from Campbell Cohen. How many days usually they reply? thanks. Hope this class lawsuit will succeed!

kiwi1

Star Member
Jun 9, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi immanuelluna

i think it is USD500 not $Cn500..pls check again....

cheers

immanuelluna said:
hello my frnd. Did you emial Mr. Cohen advising them that you already paid $Cn500? Pls email them and wait for their reply.

sbernados

Star Member
Aug 7, 2012
Abu Dhabi
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
PNP 02-05-2018
Doc's Request.
PNP 15-06-2018
Nomination.....
17-08-2018
AOR Received.
17-09-2018
Med's Request
29-08-2018
Med's Done....
29-08-2019
Passport Req..
07-01-2019
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2019
LANDED..........
07-06-2019
hi Immanuelluna, we received the acknowledgement receipt from Campbell Cohen team five days after we paid 500USD thru credit card. In their reply they said, as per quoted below:

QUOTE:
"Please note: If you have chosen to submit the $500 retainer fee through Western Union, bank draft, wire transfer, or through a method other than credit card or PayPal, our representation can begin only once your payment arrives at our place of business in Montreal, Canada.

With this in mind, kindly ensure that your retainer payment arrives at our offices using the instructions provided to you in our previous email, and that your 4-digit file number is associated with it.

If you require assistance, do not hesitate to contact classaction@canadavisa.com.

Once your retainer fee is received, we will contact you if any further information is required in order to include you in the Federal Skilled Worker Class Action Lawsuit."

Hope this helps! goodluck to us!

Allegra66

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Good luck to those individuals pursuing this although one wonders what the result might be seeing that the Canadian Govt was intending on returning monies paid. As for those wanting to pay money for the class action suit, paying by Western Union is never a good idea as anyone can claim the funds. It is usually better to pay using your bank and collecting the said lawyers bank details that makes it easier to trace etc as opposed to Western Union.
GOOD LUCK TO ALL.

kiwi1

Star Member
Jun 9, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi

oh ok. i guess it should be fine...good luck...

cheers

immanuelluna said:
HELLO KIWI1. I JUST SENT 500 CANADIAN DOLLAR BECAUSE AS PER WESTERN UNION AGENT IT IS MUCH EASIER IF IN CANADIAN DOLLAR BECAUSE I AM SENDING IT IN QUEBEC CANADA. AND I CHECKED ALSO CANADIAN DOLLAR IS MUCH HIGHER COMPARE TO US DOLLAR HERE IN THE PHILIPPINES. I ALREADY EMAILED DAVID COHEN ABOUT THAT AND WAITING FOR THEIR REPLY. THNX GOD BLESS US ALL

sbernados

Star Member
Aug 7, 2012
Abu Dhabi
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
PNP 02-05-2018
Doc's Request.
PNP 15-06-2018
Nomination.....
17-08-2018
AOR Received.
17-09-2018
Med's Request
29-08-2018
Med's Done....
29-08-2019
Passport Req..
07-01-2019
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2019
LANDED..........
07-06-2019
When will be the start of court hearing for this action lawsuit? thanks.

erdavid

Star Member
Jul 3, 2012
hi,

iam FSW pre-2008 applicant, I want to ask if I can still join the litigation. what is the current status for this class action lawsuit.

thanks, erdavid

kiwi1

Star Member
Jun 9, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi erdavid

as far as i know, the lawyers were given 60d (from June 29, 2012) to file the lawsuit, which means they will have until 29 Aug to do that. i think u can still join but be quick.

CIC will defer the refund process until approx 29 Sept (90d from 29 June 2012), or probably depending on the status of the case when filed.

cheers

erdavid said:
hi,

iam FSW pre-2008 applicant, I want to ask if I can still join the litigation. what is the current status for this class action lawsuit.

thanks, erdavid

erdavid

Star Member
Jul 3, 2012
kiwi1 said:
hi erdavid

as far as i know, the lawyers were given 60d (from June 29, 2012) to file the lawsuit, which means they will have until 29 Aug to do that. i think u can still join but be quick.

CIC will defer the refund process until approx 29 Sept (90d from 29 June 2012), or probably depending on the status of the case when filed.

cheers
hi kiwi,

thanks for this. I sent an email to their website but I did not get any response.

regards, erdavid

kiwi1

Star Member
Jun 9, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi erdavid

i suppose it is weekend over there so wait until Monday...

cheers

erdavid said:
hi kiwi,

thanks for this. I sent an email to their website but I did not get any response.

regards, erdavid