+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Federal Skilled Worker Class Action Lawsuit

Mohawk

Sep 4, 2015
warmest said:
Are you a litigant, drnaeed? If not, how can we help you?
Hi warmest,

To avoid unnecessary noise, as above, and have a better control on who are the mandamus litigants, may I suggest that we create a sub-category for us only. Then call for every mandamus litigants to join that group. That would surely avoid some distraction and remain focus on our strategy and way forward. From my side, I will spread the word so that these genuine litigants can join us.

Cheerio,

Mohawk

subeg77

Oct 22, 2015
Hello warmest,

we two litigants are also Tim's client but we haven't received mail from him i am regular reader of this forum but this is my first post , we both are ready to join our litigants group.

Regards,

Subeg

God is Great

warmest

Oct 11, 2012
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 Mar 2005
Doc's Request.
Submitted along with application
AOR Received.
04 Jun 2005
IELTS Request
Submitted in Jul 2005
Mohawk said:
Hi warmest,

To avoid unnecessary noise, as above, and have a better control on who are the mandamus litigants, may I suggest that we create a sub-category for us only. Then call for every mandamus litigants to join that group. That would surely avoid some distraction and remain focus on our strategy and way forward. From my side, I will spread the word so that these genuine litigants can join us.

Cheerio,

Mohawk
Good idea. Please go ahead and create a sub-category for we 1300 (750+550) mandamus litigants awaiting ruling from Justice Russell. If necessary, you may also create a new thread and post a link here. Fellow litigants are welcome to give their opinions and suggest names for christening the new thread. Well done Mohawk, keep your flag flying high. :)

To begin with, here are a couple of names that I have come up with for christening the new thread:
(1) Federal Skilled Worker Mandamus Lawsuit
(2) FSW Mandamus Lawsuit of Tim Leahy (750+550=1300 Litigants)

warmest

Oct 11, 2012
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 Mar 2005
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
04 Jun 2005
IELTS Request
Submitted in Jul 2005
subeg77 said:
Hello warmest,

we two litigants are also Tim's client but we haven't received mail from him i am regular reader of this forum but this is my first post , we both are ready to join our litigants group.

Regards,

Subeg

God is Great
You are welcome, Subeg. Regarding receiving email updates, you may request Tim Leahy. But since you are a regular visitor of this thread, you need not have to worry about missing any of his updates because we clients of Tim will post them here as soon as we receive them. :)

Shajitmathew

Star Member
Nov 1, 2012
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney
Friends,

Really appriciate your efforts and ideas. But please note that in the last e-mail from Mr. Tim, he have hinted of not publishing the opinion in forums. My understanding is that some opinions can hurt some body including authorities and can cause negative impacts. Crticism is good to correct, but in our case we depends on the decission of a countries judiciery, where we all dream to go and settle and to have a good life and to contribute to that country. Members like warmest are really kind hearted and concerned about other applicants but non litigants. But it shows that most of them are not at all bothered as they all have accepted the fees back and not raising any concern. It will be better if anybody concerned bring their plight into the notice of new government and request their attention. Only that can work in my opinion. A new case also can take years to conclude. Government only can do something. Also GOD is great and he have great plan for each and every individual.

warmest

Oct 11, 2012
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 Mar 2005
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
04 Jun 2005
IELTS Request
Submitted in Jul 2005
Shajitmathew said:
Friends,

Really appriciate your efforts and ideas. But please note that in the last e-mail from Mr. Tim, he have hinted of not publishing the opinion in forums. My understanding is that some opinions can hurt some body including authorities and can cause negative impacts. Crticism is good to correct, but in our case we depends on the decission of a countries judiciery, where we all dream to go and settle and to have a good life and to contribute to that country. Members like warmest are really kind hearted and concerned about other applicants but non litigants. But it shows that most of them are not at all bothered as they all have accepted the fees back and not raising any concern. It will be better if anybody concerned bring their plight into the notice of new government and request their attention. Only that can work in my opinion. A new case also can take years to conclude. Government only can do something. Also GOD is great and he have great plan for each and every individual.
Thanks Shajitmathew. I understand your concern and appreciate your posting. I have taken note of your point and will remain cautious.

warmest

Oct 11, 2012
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 Mar 2005
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
04 Jun 2005
IELTS Request
Submitted in Jul 2005
Justin Trudeau Bhangra Dancing Video Fascinates, Delights Internet
http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2015/10/22/justin-trudeau-dancing-bhangra-video_n_8358208.html

Shake It Like Trudeau! The Newly Elected Canadian PM Is A Pro At Bhangra!
http://www.indiatimes.com/news/world/shake-it-like-trudeau-the-newly-elected-canadian-pm-is-a-pro-at-bhangra-246528.html

'World's sexiest politician' Justin Trudeau does bhangra and internet goes wild
http://www.catchnews.com/social-media-news/world-s-sexiest-politician-justin-trudeau-does-bhangra-and-internet-goes-wild-1445511376.html

Canadian PM Justin Trudeau Burns the Dance Floor... Bhangra Beat Te
http://www.ndtv.com/offbeat/canadian-pm-justin-trudeau-burns-the-dance-floor-bhangra-beat-se-1235166

warmest

Oct 11, 2012
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 Mar 2005
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
04 Jun 2005
IELTS Request
Submitted in Jul 2005
Changes to Canadian Immigration Likely After Liberals Win Election
http://www.cicnews.com/2015/10/canadian-immigration-liberals-win-election-106361.html

10 Steps Trudeau Can Take Immediately To Improve Canadian Immigration
http://www.forbes.com/sites/andyjsemotiuk/2015/10/21/10-steps-trudeau-can-take-immediately-to-improve-canadian-immigration/

How The Liberals Can Improve Canada's Immigration Policies
http://www.mondaq.com/canada/x/436964/Investment+Immigration/How+The+Liberals+Can+Improve+Canadas+Immigration+Policies

Closing Our Doors To The World
http://www.mondaq.com/canada/x/429468/Investment+Immigration/Closing+ur+doors+to+the+world
For decades, Canada developed a reputation as one of the most welcoming countries in the world. Since 2008, this is sadly no longer true. It is now much harder to get into Canada, to stay here permanently, and to become a citizen. This is due to a steady stream of changes by the federal government that affect virtually all aspects of our immigration and refugee policy.
Many of the changes came without public discussion or debate with the minister of citizenship and immigration acquiring the power to make significant changes by issuing “ministerial instructions”, thereby bypassing the democratic parliamentary process.
Immigration policy decisions affect how Canada is perceived in the world and will shape our nation for generations to come. It is important that the next party to ascend into power give priority to addressing these failures in order that we regain our tarnished reputation.

warmest

Oct 11, 2012
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 Mar 2005
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
04 Jun 2005
IELTS Request
Submitted in Jul 2005
Indo-Canadian MP Navdeep Bains is tipped to become the next citizenship and immigration minister
http://thelinkpaper.ca/?p=50394
Among the prominent Indo-Canadian winners include Ontario Liberal campaign co-chair Navdeep Bains, who will most likely get a senior cabinet post either Immigration or Foreign Affairs.

Trudeau’s team: Meet the top contenders for his cabinet
http://montrealgazette.com/news/national/trudeaus-team-meet-the-top-contenders-for-his-cabinet

warmest

Oct 11, 2012
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 Mar 2005
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
04 Jun 2005
IELTS Request
Submitted in Jul 2005
warmest said:
Good idea. Please go ahead and create a sub-category for we 1300 (750+550) mandamus litigants awaiting ruling from Justice Russell. If necessary, you may also create a new thread and post a link here. Fellow litigants are welcome to give their opinions and suggest names for christening the new thread. Well done Mohawk, keep your flag flying high. :)

To begin with, here are a couple of names that I have come up with for christening the new thread:
(1) Federal Skilled Worker Mandamus Lawsuit
(2) FSW Mandamus Lawsuit of Tim Leahy (750+550=1300 Litigants)
Out of the 1300 litigants, 208 are Chinese. We welcome those 208 Chinese litigants to come on this board and voice their opinions. Let us network and get mutually benefited.

Shajitmathew

Star Member
Nov 1, 2012
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney
warmest said:
Out of the 1300 litigants, 208 are Chinese. We welcome those 208 Chinese litigants to come on this board and voice their opinions. Let us network and get mutually benefited.
how many indians are there? how about the other nationals? do you have the statistics? how ur getting these informations?

ravibhagi

Feb 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 March 2006
Doc's Request.
----
Nomination.....
----------
AOR Received.
1st May 2006
Dear Friends,,, Hi, this is my first message in this group. I am from India and a Non Litigant applicant of March 2006. My case is a bit different from young members. When i applied for immigration ,my age was 40 years and has was awarded full points for age.Now I am 50+ and points for age have fallen down to ZERO. When I applied for immigration my Children were minor and hence included in my application where as now my children are 21 + and cannot be included in my application. I paid processing fee for me ,my wife and two children. Refund has still not been sent to me rather I have still not applied for the refund.
h vamoa

Dramebaaz

Apr 17, 2013
ravibhagi said:
Dear Friends,,, Hi, this is my first message in this group. I am from India and a Non Litigant applicant of March 2006. My case is a bit different from young members. When i applied for immigration ,my age was 40 years and has was awarded full points for age.Now I am 50+ and points for age have fallen down to ZERO. When I applied for immigration my Children were minor and hence included in my application where as now my children are 21 + and cannot be included in my application. I paid processing fee for me ,my wife and two children. Refund has still not been sent to me rather I have still not applied for the refund.
h vamoa
Hi! I am also a non-litigant aged 52 years now and I applied in December 2007. I have similar case. I think points at the time of application are taken into account and not on the date of processing. Also, the rules at the time of application are applicable and new rules are not applicable retrogradely. That is the main point for litigation that they have broken this rule by previous govt. Let us see what they do now. I think if the way in which pre 27 Feb 2008 applications were terminated is proved to be injustice then all the applicants including non-litigants should get the benefit. Law should be law and justice should be justice whether we apply for it or not! I have never applied for refund!

I am ready to participate and support the proposal of Mr. Warmest!

I hope we all must get justice!

Thanks!

ravibhagi

Feb 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 March 2006
Doc's Request.
----
Nomination.....
----------
AOR Received.
1st May 2006
Hi Everyone. I am also ready to participate and support Mr.Warmest's proposal. Does anyone have any idea ,How applications were slashed ,,How many applicants have taken the refund and How many are still pending. I don't want the Exact figures just rough idea.
I propose that we should draft letters and send the same to the new Liberal Government through email. May be the New Government of Canada decides to revoke C-38 and give us one chance to get PR. Anyhow we must plan to approach/put pressure on the new Govt. to revert the previous Govt.'s decision .

warmest

Oct 11, 2012
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 Mar 2005
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
04 Jun 2005
IELTS Request
Submitted in Jul 2005
Shajitmathew said:
how many indians are there? how about the other nationals? do you have the statistics? how ur getting these informations?
I got that information from the following link.
http://www.scmp.com/news/world/article/1692110/millionaire-migrants-canadian-lawyer-disbarred-professional-misconduct
"
Code:
[SIZE=11px][color=blue]... the 1,300 skilled workers - 208 of them Chinese - were finally to get their day in court on April 21, more than six years after they were removed from Canada’s immigration queue. In 2008, the then-immigration minister Jason Kenney scrapped their applications and about 80,000 others amid a massive backlog in the federal skilled workers programme, Canada’s largest immigration scheme.

The skilled workers’ case will be heard by the Federal Court in Ottawa, which last week granted leave for a judicial review. They are seeking to compel Citizenship and Immigration Canada to process their applications for permanent residency. Some of the 1,300 litigants applied to immigrate as long ago as 2004.[/color][/SIZE]
"

Regarding the number of Indians and other nationals, I am not sure of their exact number. I am trying to find that out. If I get, I will post that here. Meanwhile if anyone knows that, kindly post that here.

I guess, out of the 750 litigants who joined the litigation before 18 June 2012, many were Indians. I also guess there could be a good number of Filipinos among the 1300 litigants.