+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Federal Skilled Worker Class Action Lawsuit

tuyen

Oct 19, 2012
Tronna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
st-cnncomes said:
This story cannot be used as a yardstick to determing whether the canadian connection is suffecient or insuffecient. I hope the lawyers are hitting this point. What I've mentioned earlier ie, Applying under the rules to CIC, passing the points system, waiting at the behest of CIC, and having relatives who are canadian citizens are more than sufficient grounds to show our canadian connections, actually the onus to prove otherwise is not on us but on CIC.
If the example in the article was not sufficient to fall under the charter, then believe me when I say that the CIC lawsuit is even MORE unlikely to fall under the charter.

The only thing the CIC lawsuit has is people who sent in an application. That's it - nothing more. And the two men in the article were already LIVING in Canada for several years - and the supreme court clearly said that they were not entitled to charter rights and protections. So if you can't take that example and try to weigh it against the CIC lawsuit, then you're being obtuse on purpose, or you're living in a world of complete denial.

tuyen

Oct 19, 2012
Tronna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
st-cnncomes said:
Perfect example, i too thought of Vodafone. This case is quite similar.
How is that even REMOTELY similar? It's a completely different case, with a completely different set of parameters and circumstances.

Vodafone is a company that's already operating INSIDE India. They've been doing business there for YEARS.

The CIC litigants, meanwhile, have absolutely no connection to Canada other than an application that they sent to CIC.

It's absolutely staggering that you would even try to draw comparisons between those cases. ::)

Jatt_warrior

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
tuyen said:
How is that even REMOTELY similar? It's a completely different case, with a completely different set of parameters and circumstances.

Vodafone is a company that's already operating INSIDE India. They've been doing business there for YEARS.

The CIC litigants, meanwhile, have absolutely no connection to Canada other than an application that they sent to CIC.

It's absolutely staggering that you would even try to draw comparisons between those cases. ::)

Do you want to say that If someone from canada cheats me and I beacuse not being natural born citizen of Canada, cannot take him to Canadian court. If that is the case then out litigation should have got dismissed on the very first date. On the other hand the judge is even considering the arguments quoted from Canadian Charter for Rights.

Jatt_warrior

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
st-cnncomes said:
Perfect example, i too thought of Vodafone. This case is quite similar. Let the FC of Canada rule against the applicants and then the actual fun will start. I'm sure CIC is aware of the vodafone case, and also the Ittalian shooting case in kerala.
Perfect Example quoted by you. The italian marines killed indian fisherman in Indian Waters, which Italian government denies by calling the area as international waters not falling within maritime boundaries of india.Italian marines are fighting out this case in indian courts.

+1

tuyen

Oct 19, 2012
Tronna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jatt_warrior said:
Do you want to say that If someone from canada cheats me and I beacuse not being natural born citizen of Canada, cannot take him to Canadian court.
Such a case would have absolutely nothing to do with the Canadian constitution. I already said - in an earlier post - that BUSINESS dealings can certainly be taken to court, but don't expect to win your case by claiming Canadian charter protections.

Jatt_warrior said:
If that is the case then out litigation should have got dismissed on the very first date. On the other hand the judge is even considering the arguments quoted from Canadian Charter for Rights.
The case wasn't based SOLELY on Canadian charter arguments. That was one aspect of it, which - rest assured - will be thrown out. As for what the judge is considering, you have no way of knowing. He could just as easily have asked the lawyers to give him their best arguments regarding the charter because he wanted to have something which could then be refuted and used as a basis for dismissing the case.

maran1976

Feb 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 April 2010
AOR Received.
26 Nov 2010 (2nd Aor Date)
Med's Request
28-02-2013
Med's Done....
6th March 2013
Interview........
hopefully waived
Passport Req..
Recvd by CHC Mar 13th
tuyen said:

very true

anthello

Feb 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Trinidad and Tobago
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2007
Doc's Request.
08-06-2012
joe07 said:
Anyone in this forum who is pre 2008 has got any positive response from CIC.. any medical update or documents to be submitted? , after june 2012
Applied Nov 2007, received January 2008, med's requested June 2012 but 2 weeks later they said to disregard any previous instructions:

Ref Nov 2007

Dear applicant,

This is to advise that due to changes to Canadian law (The Budget Implementation Act, known as Bill C-38, which received Royal Assent on June 29, 2012); we must cease processing of ALL applications made under the Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) program before February 27, 2008, where a decision has not been made by an Immigration Officer based on FSW program selection criteria before March 29, 2012.

Your application is part of this decision.

If you have been asked to provide an updated application please disregard those instructions. Citizenship & Immigration Canada will communicate with you in due course to provide further information on refunding the application fee.

joe07

Jan 17, 2013
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anthello said:
Applied Nov 2007, received January 2008, med's requested June 2012 but 2 weeks later they said to disregard any previous instructions:
whats ur status now

joe07

Jan 17, 2013
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys look at anthello post. he had received the medical request and now they have actually kept it on hold or ... this is disturbing for someone who got an expectation after the medicals and they pulled the cord. sorry to hear this bro.. seriously doesn't look good at all

umerrais79

Star Member
Nov 24, 2012
Karachi, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad than London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2005
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
30-08-2005
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
29-09-2010 From Islamabad to London
Friends CIC LVO send me my whole original documents through courier which i send them when i applied for immigration in 2005 they also send me a letter stated to update new form IMM 0008 (background declaration) and a new bank draft for my younger daughter. and I ordered my Caip notes in which mentioned that my medicals issued on 08-08-2012 but i didnt get them until now and my file forward to QRE on 5-02-2013. I dont understand that what is going wrong is our files terminated or whats going on CIC side. God knows better whats is going on..... any senior can comment on the current situation?

Badal789

Nov 29, 2011
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2006
IELTS Request
30-11-2009
umerrais79 said:
Friends CIC LVO send me my whole original documents through courier which i send them when i applied for immigration in 2005 they also send me a letter stated to update new form IMM 0008 (background declaration) and a new bank draft for my younger daughter. and I ordered my Caip notes in which mentioned that my medicals issued on 08-08-2012 but i didnt get them until now and my file forward to QRE on 5-02-2013. I dont understand that what is going wrong is our files terminated or whats going on CIC side. God knows better whats is going on..... any senior can comment on the current situation?
Congrats!!!!!!! Don`t worry............. they started processing your file. Send asked form IMM 0008 and pay the amount.. also be ready to fly to Canada within this summer.
Hope all the best. For your information usually all the original documents usually send with MR or PPR but for you they sent earlier even. Please keep us updated.

wounderful

Oct 18, 2012
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad - London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2005
AOR Received.
17-07-2005
IELTS Request
original sent with application
File Transfer...
30-09-2010
umerrais79 said:
In all situation it is win win for you so do not worry and ask your MR reffering you're CAIPS notes date, and directly with case specIfic enquiry.

wounderful

Oct 18, 2012
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad - London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2005
AOR Received.
17-07-2005
IELTS Request
original sent with application
File Transfer...
30-09-2010
Badal789 said:
Congrats!!!!!!! Don`t worry............. they started processing your file. Send asked form IMM 0008 and pay the amount.. also be ready to fly to Canada within this summer.
Hope all the best. For your information usually all the original documents usually send with MR or PPR but for you they sent earlier even. Please keep us updated.
I think they smell their defeat. ;D ;)

hopeful4

Sep 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-9-2007
Doc's Request.
10-3-2010
AOR Received.
18-1-2008
IELTS Request
10-3-2010
File Transfer...
17-5-2012
Med's Request
18-3-2013
Med's Done....
21-3-2013
Passport Req..
16-4-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-4-2013
LANDED..........
June-July 2013
umerrais79 said:
This is a great contradiction! how come they send you the original documents and at the same time ask for more info!!
If they sent you your documents they should have included the refund cheque as well,,,,,,so strange