+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Federal Skilled Worker Category 1

noelcezh

Jan 21, 2009
manila
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone!! I have a lot of question regarding FSW Category 1.
I'm from the Philippines and where planning to apply as an immigrant under the category 1 FSW.

1. My occupation is under NOC 7265. I've worked for 3 years as a welder. And where planning to settle down in Canada.
2. My sister is a permanent resident of alberta she is pharmacists there. But she can't sponsor me because she already sponsored my mom, my dad and my youngest sister. Waiting only for some documents.
3. Do you think that I'm qualify to apply as a FSW category 1?
4. What will I do first?
5. I'm planning to take IELTS but what is the best way to send my application before taking the IELTS or after I received the result of IELTS examination?
6. Do I need to send the IELTS result or I can proceed my application even without IELTS?
7. What are the documents needed when applying FSW category 1?
8. After the completion of form what is my next move?
9. What form is needed by CIC sydney under the FSW category 1?
10.How about my supporting documents?
11. Or Do I have to send all the documents or form plus my supporting documents?
11. Proof of funds?
12. medical examination principal and my family?
13. police certificate and etc....
14. It's that true when you applying FSW under category 1 plus NOC or highly in demand jobs in canada the processing is not to long as long as you presents all the necessary documents?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

noelcezh said:
Hi everyone!! I have  a lot of question regarding FSW Category 1.
I'm from the Philippines and where planning to apply as an immigrant under the category 1 FSW.

1. My occupation is under NOC 7265. I've worked for 3 years as a welder. And  where planning to settle down in Canada.
2. My sister is a permanent resident of alberta she is pharmacists there. But she can't sponsor me because she already sponsored my mom, my dad and my youngest sister. Waiting only for some documents.
3. Do you think that I'm qualify  to apply as a FSW category 1?

If you have 67 points as well as qualifications as a welder, ie apprenticeship you are eligible to apply under FSW 1 Completion of a three-year apprenticeship program or A combination of over three years of work experience in the trade and some college or industry courses in welding is usually required to be eligible for trade certification.

4. What will I do first?
5. I'm planning to take IELTS but what is the best way to send my application before taking the IELTS or after I received the result of IELTS examination?

As long as you take the IELTS within 1 year of submitting the application, that will be fine.

6. Do I need to send the IELTS result or I can proceed my application even without IELTS?

See above

7. What are the documents needed when applying FSW category 1?

Read the instructions

8. After the completion of form what is my next move?

9. What form is needed by  CIC sydney under the FSW category 1?
10.How about my supporting documents?
11. Or Do I have to send all the documents or form plus my supporting documents?
11. Proof of funds?
12. medical examination principal and my family?
13. police certificate and etc....
14. It's that true when you applying FSW under category 1 plus NOC  or highly in demand jobs in canada the processing is not to long as long as you presents all the necessary documents?

You really haven't read the instructions http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/EG7.pdf have you?  All your above questions are answered
'

PMM

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

rupeshhari said:
PMM, are you sure its one year of submitting the application. They give you 120 days to send in all the documents after the Sydney part of the process.
You can take the IELTS up to 1 year before submitting the application or 1 year after sending the application. but if you get a "120" day letter and haven't taken the IELTS you obviously would have to take it within that time period. Note a lot of people are applying under FSW 2/3 and the 1 year would apply to them.

PMM

migwelder

Star Member
Oct 22, 2008
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2011
Doc's Request.
01-06-2012
Nomination.....
15-08-2012
AOR Received.
14-11-2012
Med's Request
14-11-2012
Med's Done....
19-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-2-2013
LANDED..........
25-03-2013
Noel, I'm a welder also from Manila and also planning of applying for the Federal skilled class. I see that you have 3 years of welding experience, be sure to check that if you would want to work and stay in Alberta, you have to be certified and take the exams there and the requirements for that is you have apprentiship training and/or at least 4 1/2 years of work experience to be able to be certified and be able to work in Alberta. So my advise is study if you really want to land in Alberta or go to other provinces that does not have a regulation for welders.

noelcezh

Jan 21, 2009
manila
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Peeps Good Day!! I'm still gathering my documents. Bro migwelder I'm applying as federal skilled worker for permanent resident is Canada.

1. Rupeshhari Do I have to send all the original documents?

2. How about statement of account and fixed account?

3. I'm just planning to take the IELTS but it stated there that if you think that you are qualify in English proficiency no need to take.
Do you think that being a Philippine National Red Cross Instructor is advantage?
Because my Boss write a letter that I'm qualified in English language and stated there that during discussion , and performing different
tasks I used English Language, in communicating giving instructions. Not only that he also stated that I'm handling different persons
with different positions. ex. doctors, nurses, account, engineering etc... Do you think they might consider that?

4. How about in payments?

5. Here in the Philippines is very hard to find Canadian dollars usually us dollars. So my sister who is Permanent resident in Canada offer
me a check so that she's the one who send it to CIC and I will send it my application to CIC? Would it be possible?

noelcezh

Jan 21, 2009
manila
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rupeshhari thanks a lot bro!

One question I did not finish my college but I have 3 years experience as a welder the reason why I did not apply my application up to now is because I attend training as a welder eventhough I have experienced to be welder I decided to attend the training so that I can prove to them that I am competent and qualified as a welder but my training will end on march 2009.

Do you think that it is possible to apply my application in Sdyney eventhough I'm still on the training process as a welder here in the Philippines? You stated that everytime you want to explain everything you provide another paper it is possible in my case.

all my documents are ready except for the training certificate that I attending right now.

how about the funds?

noelcezh

Jan 21, 2009
manila
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oppps guys another question my sister is in canada and permanent resident of alberta

Do I have to send the Proof of landing and the photocopy of permanent resident card in Sydney?

KSN

Nov 20, 2008
Hi

noelcezh said:
oppps guys another question my sister is in canada and permanent resident of alberta

Do I have to send the Proof of landing and the photocopy of permanent resident card in Sydney?
The 2 points highlighted is the requirements for your case. You would have to prove that she is your sister. eg. through birth certificates you both would share the same parent on the birth certificate. This is from CIC website at this link. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E37048.pdf

"5. PROOF OF RELATIONSHIP IN CANADA (IF APPLICABLE)
• Proof of relationship to your close relative in Canada, such as birth, marriage or
adoption certificates.
• If your close relative is a permanent resident of Canada: photocopy of his or
her Record of Landing (IMM 1000), Confirmation of Permanent Residence or
Permanent Resident Card.

• If your close relative is a Canadian citizen: proof of Canadian citizenship, such
as a photocopy of pages of a Canadian passport or Canadian citizenship card."

noelcezh

Jan 21, 2009
manila
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KSN thanks a lot bro!! By the way i have 3 years experience as a welder but I decided to attend the training as a welder so that I can provide the certification that I am competent and qualified as a welder. But the problem is my training end on March 2009 but I want to submit my application what will I do?

noelcezh

Jan 21, 2009
manila
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMM bro I'm a welder for 3 years recently I stopped working because I attend the training here is the Philippines. welding training I attend it because if the immigration ask me and provide me certificate of competency I can proved to them that I am. But still I have 3 years experience as a welder certificate is my supporting document for my certification of employment.

How about the funds?
please specify and explain to me what will I do to my funds do I have to calculate all the funds including the properties?
\
Please help bro!!!

noelcezh

Jan 21, 2009
manila
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMM bro or anyone please help me!!!!!!

preparing 1st

1. all forms for fsw category 1

2. 2 addresses

3. photocopy of your passport front

4. I.D. photocopy front and back if applicable

5. IELTs if applicable but don't send the result

6. payments applicant 550, spouse 550, kids under 18 years old 75 (for 2 kids 150)

bro pmm I'm i right?

how about the certification of landing and photocopy of permanent resident card of sister? Do I have to attach it to the form?
Or I'll wait for the CIC visa office instructions.

How about the training that I attend right now? It will end on march 2009? Do I have to send the certificate coming from my training center that the training is still going on?

second I'm volunteer instructor of Redcross I used english language for communication and giving instruction. My head officer told me that he will give me a letter stated there that I m using english language during my lecture or discussion and giving instructions in actual skills enhancement. Most of my applicants are doctors, and nurses and professional.

Senior members please

please correct me if I'm wrong!!!!!!

pencilcut

Jan 18, 2009
How about the funds?
please specify and explain to me what will I do to my funds do I have to calculate all the funds including the properties?
\
Please help bro!!!
[/quote]

you can get a demand draft in canadian dollars in bpi makati. check the visa office specific instructions for manila, you can include properties, they have instructions on what to include in proof of funds.