+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Federal Skilled Worker Application for Civil Engineer having 49 years of age

akashp89

Jul 21, 2013
Hi All,

My father is 49 years old and he is Civil Engineer. He has 6 years of experience working in GCC countries as a Senior Quantity Surveyor in Construction Companies - Both Private and Government and he is still working there in Middle East.
I want advice on below questions:

1) Which category he should apply for Immigration to Canada. ( Federal Skilled Worker or some other category? )
2) How wise it will be to go to Canada at this age.
3) Which provinces have good opportunities for Civil Engineers - Construction and Quantity Surveying in Canada.
4) How long it takes to get work permit after sending application to CIC office looking at current trend.
5) How long it takes to collect all required documents to make complete application package. ( List of required documents - link etc. and point calculator )

I hope people here will help me to answer above questions.

Awaiting your reply ...

ESZB

Jun 22, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
June 2013
IELTS Request
Granted (8.0)
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Yep!
LANDED..........
Hello akashp89

1. Your father may apply for a work permit and later apply for permanent residence under Candian Experince class or apply right away for NOC category under NOC 2131 (Civil engineers) or NOC 2154 (Land surveyor). The latter is recommended because NOC 2131 is near cap.
2. I would leave it to your our discretion. It depends on your father's own health and will power. The job market and weather both are tough. CIC does not award any points for beyond 46 years age.
3. Currently Alberta and Ontario have the most demand. But reports of an onslaught of acute shortage in skilled workers in construction sector are appearing in news. Quebec and British Colombia are also facing shortage.
4. For FSWP 2013 a one year processing time has been promised by the Canadian govt.
5. Can vary from weeks to months depending on situation.

Best of luck