+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Federal Skilled Worker 2013: IT Project Manager; Please help

ZeeshanAhmed

Jan 17, 2013
Please help me in answering following points/questions:

1) I have total 8+ years of experience in IT. Currently I am working as Project Manager (PM). I have about 2+ years of experience in the role of Project manager. With my previous employer, my position was SYSTEM ANALYST but I was assigned to manage projects in the ROLE of project manager. In PM role, I worked about 2 years. Currently my position and role both are as PM.

QUESTION 1.1: Will immigration department consider experience under role of PM with my previous employer?

QUESTION 1.2: Is IT/Computer Project Manager eligible to apply under FSW category??

2) My “Bachelor of Computer Science” degree is of 3 years. My total duration of academic education is of 15 years. I have passed PMI-PMP certifications too.

QUESTION 2.1: Does immigration department consider professional certifications like PMP?
QUESTION 2.2: Does Any one has idea when government will announce to start qualification assessment?

3) Funds Availability

QUESTION 3.1: Is cash the only form of acceptable funds? Can we show Gold and/or property assets in term of funds available?

QUESTION 3.2: I am from Pakistan but working in Saudi Arabia, Can I demonstrate funds I have in Pakistan and Saudi Arabia both in the form of 2 or more separate bank statements?

Question 3.3: What form of funds/assets is acceptable other than CASH?

I will be very thank full to you for your prompt reply.

Regards,
Zeeshan Ahmed

thomas78

Star Member
May 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
09-06-2011
QUESTION 1.1: Will immigration department consider experience under role of PM with my previous employer?
ANS: Designation does not matter. Get a letter from previous employer indicating your role as a manager. that would be fine

QUESTION 1.2: Is IT/Computer Project Manager eligible to apply under FSW category??
ANS: NO.

QUESTION 2.1: Does immigration department consider professional certifications like PMP?
ANS: NO

QUESTION 2.2: Does Any one has idea when government will announce to start qualification assessment?
ANS: I dont know
QUESTION 3.1: Is cash the only form of acceptable funds?
ANS: no
Can we show Gold and/or property assets in term of funds available?
ANS: yes.
QUESTION 3.2: I am from Pakistan but working in Saudi Arabia, Can I demonstrate funds I have in Pakistan and Saudi Arabia both in the form of 2 or more separate bank statements?
ANS: yes.

ANS: you have mentioned QUESTION 3.1

ZeeshanAhmed

Jan 17, 2013
Dear Thomas,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Your answers clear most of my confusions. Thanks once again.

Before going through your response, I had a telephonic conversion with one of the CanadaVisa.com consultant. He told me that IT professionals are also eligible to apply so me too, under new FSW category 2013. I think I have to further investigate and wait until the more information is available on official website of Canada immigration. Currently website is not upto date as per the new policy.

I will be grateful to you if you or another person could guide me on eligibility?

Roshmi

Nov 29, 2012
Can someone tell me I have graduated in economics and have a pgdba in marketing . I also have experience of team handling in telcommunication industry and customer servicing. Besides I have administrative cum hr experience of records management and mediator / interpretor. Can I show this as my experience.

Also my last profession was in insurance- general insurance supervisor in administration/ accounting.Under which noc code can I show my experience.

I have around 10 years of experience.

Also what are the points to be noted when you ask yr company to draft a reference letter.

Is working for a company like Tata Aig which is a joint venture between Tata and Aig of any help to get a job in Canada .

Can assets like house be shown as pof?

thomas78

Star Member
May 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
09-06-2011
ZeeshanAhmed said:
Dear Thomas,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Your answers clear most of my confusions. Thanks once again.

Before going through your response, I had a telephonic conversion with one of the CanadaVisa.com consultant. He told me that IT professionals are also eligible to apply so me too, under new FSW category 2013. I think I have to further investigate and wait until the more information is available on official website of Canada immigration. Currently website is not upto date as per the new policy.

I will be grateful to you if you or another person could guide me on eligibility?
I could not find the NOC for IT managers in the below link.
http://www.canadavisa.com/new-instructions-federal-skilled-worker-applications.html

in the year 2010 june NOC 0213 was removed from the list. I applied in 2009 end and was eligible during that time. May be arranged employment or provincial nomination is still open for noc 0213. You can check.

ZeeshanAhmed

Jan 17, 2013
You are right. But please read the first paragraph on the page, as follow, in red color according to which there is no restriction of specific occupation list.

NOTE: Citizenship and Immigration Canada has announced changes to the Federal Skilled Worker Program. These changes will take effect on May 4th, 2013, at which time the Skilled Worker category will begin accepting applications. The 2013 program will NOT be restricted to a specific occupation list.

Based on this information I can suppose that IT professionals like me can also apply.

Regards

infopm

Star Member
Apr 6, 2013
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
07-12-2016
Doc's Request.
14-02-2018
Nomination.....
QSW
AOR Received.
14-03-2017
Med's Request
14-02-2018
Med's Done....
28-02-2018
ZeeshanAhmed said:
You are right. But please read the first paragraph on the page, as follow, in red color according to which there is no restriction of specific occupation list.

NOTE: Citizenship and Immigration Canada has announced changes to the Federal Skilled Worker Program. These changes will take effect on May 4th, 2013, at which time the Skilled Worker category will begin accepting applications. The 2013 program will NOT be restricted to a specific occupation list.

Based on this information I can suppose that IT professionals like me can also apply.

Regards
Dear Zeeshan ,

I am also in the same position as you , however , they have explicitly not mentioned IT managers in the list. And when you see NOC 2011 , 0213 - Computer and Information Systems Managers are a seperate category. Not sure what Engineering Managers points to ?
Let me know if you have any updates on this.

ZeeshanAhmed

Jan 17, 2013
Thanks for your comments.

As per the new policy , IT managers are not eligible. Please check the following mentioned links. If you have any information regarding this, please share. They have allowed only 24 professions.
cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/backgrounders/2013/2013-04-18.asp
canadavisa.com/new-instructions-federal-skilled-worker-applications.html

infopm

Star Member
Apr 6, 2013
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
07-12-2016
Doc's Request.
14-02-2018
Nomination.....
QSW
AOR Received.
14-03-2017
Med's Request
14-02-2018
Med's Done....
28-02-2018
ZeeshanAhmed said:
Thanks for your comments.

As per the new policy , IT managers are not eligible. Please check the following mentioned links. If you have any information regarding this, please share. They have allowed only 24 professions.
cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/backgrounders/2013/2013-04-18.asp
canadavisa.com/new-instructions-federal-skilled-worker-applications.html
It does not explicitly say that IT Managers are not allowed. I presume that IT Managers will fall in the category of Engineering Managers. To support this , the responsibilities listed under Engineering Managers does not explicitly state the industry. The responsibilities are generic and common to all Project Managers across Industries.

raj.googol

Aug 14, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2010
Doc's Request.
26-07-2010
Nomination.....
26-07-2010
AOR Received.
26-07-2010
IELTS Request
Submitted with full Doc -22-11-2010
File Transfer...
12-01-2011 NDVO File Number Issued. In-Process since 18/05/2012
Med's Request
04-Mar-2013
Med's Done....
Done on 10-Mar-2013. Ecas 'Medical Results has been received' on 18 Mar 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-Mar-2013. POF and Passport sent on 02-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made on 02-June-2013. PPT+COPR received 06-June-2013
LANDED..........
Hope soon. Visa Valid till 15th March 2014
Hello Zeeshan

The NOC code 0213 has been removed in early 2010 and in this current occupational list, they have not invited this job role either. We had a high expectation that this role will be included this time as I have found that Canada has high level of open vacancies floating in various job portal to fill in senior people like you.

Kindly refer belo the current NOC's in IT field.

NOC 2147 Computer engineers (except software engineers/designers) :Computer engineers (except software engineers and designers) research, plan, design, develop, modify, evaluate and integrate computer and telecommunications hardware and related equipment, and information and communication system networks including mainframe systems, local and wide area networks, fibre-optic networks, wireless communication networks, intranets, the Internet and other data communications systems. They are employed by computer and telecommunication hardware manufacturers, by engineering, manufacturing and telecommunications firms, in information technology consulting firms, by governmental, educational and research institutions and in information technology units throughout the private and public sectors.

More details : http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/ProfileQuickSearch.aspx?val=2&val1=2147&val65=*

NOC 2174 Computer programmers and interactive media developers :Computer programmers write, modify, integrate and test computer code for microcomputer and mainframe software applications, data processing applications, operating systems-level software and communications software. Interactive media developers write, modify, integrate and test computer code for Internet applications, computer-based training software, computer games, film, video and other interactive media. They are employed in computer software development firms, information technology consulting firms, and in information technology units throughout the private and public sectors.

More Details: http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/ProfileQuickSearch.aspx?val=2&val1=2174&val65=*

Considering the above, I am afraid that your current role (duty performed in last one year) can not be mapped. However, you can still evaluate the detailed job description to crosscheck your fitment.

Good luck.

Regards

smikri

Star Member
Jun 21, 2011
Dubai, ME
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
7 May 2010
AOR Received.
Oct 2010
IELTS Request
sent with initial docs
File Transfer...
May 2010
Med's Request
1 May 2013
Med's Done....
15 Jun 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25th July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
TBD
ZeeshanAhmed said:
Please help me in answering following points/questions:

1) I have total 8+ years of experience in IT. Currently I am working as Project Manager (PM). I have about 2+ years of experience in the role of Project manager. With my previous employer, my position was SYSTEM ANALYST but I was assigned to manage projects in the ROLE of project manager. In PM role, I worked about 2 years. Currently my position and role both are as PM.

2) My “Bachelor of Computer Science” degree is of 3 years. My total duration of academic education is of 15 years. I have passed PMI-PMP certifications too.

3) Funds Availability

QUESTION 3.1: Is cash the only form of acceptable funds? Can we show Gold and/or property assets in term of funds available?

I will be very thank full to you for your prompt reply.

Regards,
Zeeshan Ahmed
Hi,

I am sorry Zeeshan but the answer to your question 1.2 is NO. This is clear from the list NOCs released recently. Only hardware engineers will be considered.

Regards,
Smikri