+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Federal Skilled Trades Class

Mongolzam

Jan 24, 2018
Hi all
I am planning to immigrate under Skilled Trades Class with my family from outside of Canada. I'm 37 and have 4 years bachelor's degree (assessed by WES) as an accountant. I have a IELTS 5 each band and have 5 years chef experience and certification from my country.

If I understood correct I'm qualified for Express Entry Skilled Trades program and I can apply as a Cook but must have job offer from Canadian employer.

My concern is:
What should I do first to start the application process? Look for job offer or create my express entry profile? Anybody please explain to me step by step

Thanks,

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all
I am planning to immigrate under Skilled Trades Class with my family from outside of Canada. I'm 37 and have 4 years bachelor's degree (assessed by WES) as an accountant. I have a IELTS 5 each band and have 5 years chef experience and certification from my country.

If I understood correct I'm qualified for Express Entry Skilled Trades program and I can apply as a Cook but must have job offer from Canadian employer.

My concern is:
What should I do first to start the application process? Look for job offer or create my express entry profile? Anybody please explain to me step by step

Thanks,
You cannot create an express entry profile as you do not fulfill the FST criteria, that is, if you create a profile it will be ineligible.

You either need to have an offer of full-time employment for a total period of at least one year or a certificate of qualification in that skilled trade issued by a Canadian provincial or territorial authority

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/skilled-trades.html

Reactions: Mongolzam

Mongolzam

Jan 24, 2018
You cannot create an express entry profile as you do not fulfill the FST criteria, that is, if you create a profile it will be ineligible.

You either need to have an offer of full-time employment for a total period of at least one year or a certificate of qualification in that skilled trade issued by a Canadian provincial or territorial authority

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/skilled-trades.html
I still confused
When I look for job offer in Job bank it requires my express entry profile number
But if I create my express entry profile I must have a valid job offer form 2 employer please advice me

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I still confused
When I look for job offer in Job bank it requires my express entry profile number
But if I create my express entry profile I must have a valid job offer form 2 employer please advice me
My advice is to forget about Job bank, it is the most useless and garbage website to find a job.

I've been in this forum for 2 years and I still have not heard of anyone who managed to get a job through Job Bank.

Reactions: Mongolzam

Mongolzam

Jan 24, 2018
My advice is to forget about Job bank, it is the most useless and garbage website to find a job.

I've been in this forum for 2 years and I still have not heard of anyone who managed to get a job through Job Bank.
thanks for the quick respond

Goshen

Jan 23, 2019

Hai, is FSTP is for certain NOC? Not all? My NOC 2253 drafting technologist. If I get license from apega or apegs is eligible for fst? Could you please help?