+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Federal Self-employed New Changes

happydolphins

Sep 11, 2014
It seems that Federal self-employed program has undergone a new changes within the past 20 days (10.sep.2014). Does these changes mean that it has been closed?
The changes that I ve observed are:
1-In the following link:
deleted
The word “ self-employed” in the header of the page has been omitted.
2–The same word from the header of checklist has been omitted.
3-The SE column in the checklist has been omitted.
4- the classification of self employed in the "Instruction Guide [IMM 4000]" has been changed and it is not clearly specified it belongs to what group? does it means that it belongs to "Investors or Entrepreneurs" that have been closed?
I have attached the previous check list to compare with the present one.

deleted

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
happydolphins said:
It seems that Federal self-employed program has undergone a new changes within the past 20 days (10.sep.2014). Does these changes mean that it has been closed?
The changes that I ve observed are:
1-In the following link:
deleted
The word “ self-employed” in the header of the page has been omitted.
2–The same word from the header of checklist has been omitted.
3-The SE column in the checklist has been omitted.
4- the classification of self employed in the "Instruction Guide [IMM 4000]" has been changed and it is not clearly specified it belongs to what group? does it means that it belongs to "Investors or Entrepreneurs" that have been closed?
I have attached the previous check list to compare with the present one.

deleted
I think that this is the current "self-employed" page. http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/immigrate/business/self-employed/index.asp

happydolphins

Sep 11, 2014
zardoz said:
I think that this is the current "self-employed" page.

I am a newbie and am not allowed to post links. I tried to guide you the the intended page using following method. go to Canada immigration page and follow the pages as following:

Immigration/Apply to immigrate/Apply to immigrate to Canada/Self-employed people/

go to the link : apply as a self-employed person/

Apply – Self-employed/ go to the link : Get the application package

and you will see the web page: Application for Permanent Residence - Quebec Selected Business Class Applicants: Investors or Entrepreneurs

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
happydolphins said:
zardoz said:
I think that this is the current "self-employed" page.

I am a newbie and am not allowed to post links. I tried to guide you the the intended page using following method. go to Canada immigration page and follow the pages as following:

Immigration/Apply to immigrate/Apply to immigrate to Canada/Self-employed people/

go to the link : apply as a self-employed person/

Apply – Self-employed/ go to the link : Get the application package

and you will see the web page: Application for Permanent Residence - Quebec Selected Business Class Applicants: Investors or Entrepreneurs
Yes, I see what you mean. I suspect that the website is simply broken, as happens quite frequently with CIC. Only Quebec has an investor/entrepreneur class now, and I think that this is a mistake in the page linking.

happydolphins

Sep 11, 2014
zardoz said:
Yes, I see what you mean. I suspect that the website is simply broken, as happens quite frequently with CIC. Only Quebec has an investor/entrepreneur class now, and I think that this is a mistake in the page linking.
Previously Self Employed class in the " Instruction Guide [IMM 4000] " was classified separately of "Investors or Entrepreneurs" does it now it is classified under "Investors or Entrepreneurs" ?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

happydolphins said:
Previously Self Employed class in the " Instruction Guide [IMM 4000] " was classified separately of "Investors or Entrepreneurs" does it now it is classified under "Investors or Entrepreneurs" ?
Because there is no longer an Investor or Entrepreneur category for Immigration, they were terminated on the 19th of June.

chanu888

Dec 7, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2014
Doc's Request.
awaiting
Nomination.....
awaiting
AOR Received.
awaiting
IELTS Request
allready sent
File Transfer...
awaiting
Med's Request
awaiting
Med's Done....
Not yet
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Will land soon
Hi,

They have terminated investor and entrepreneur category.. Self Employed is still open.
See the below link it clearly say that "Application for Permanent Residence – Federal Self-Employed Persons and Quebec Selected Self-Employed Persons"

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fq-self-employed.asp

Hope it would clear the confusion.

Thanks
chanu888

sportas

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
Feb 12/2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with the application
Med's Request
No
Interview........
No
OP 8 Entrepreneur and Self-Employed - Operational procedures

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op08-eng.pdf

I see no changes in the manual, other than you guys mentioned above. I originally prepared and sent my PR application as Self-employed sole proprietor. But after I found out more details related to my case specifically, I canceled it and applied in CEC. However, they were looking to charge my CC so I ma guessing I would be processed. I prepared it al on my own, calling CIC help centre for more details. They didn’t have much information to help me, but telling me to include everything I think it would be helpful.
My application was very organized 4 inches thick file. I think they loved it lol

edward222

Feb 9, 2015
Found this on CIC

The Self-Employed Persons Program seeks to bring people who will become self-employed in Canada. They must have either:

relevant experience in cultural activities or athletics, and
intend and be able to make a significant contribution to the cultural or athletic life of Canada, or
experience in farm management, and
intend and be able to buy and manage a farm in Canada.