+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445


Discussion in 'Business Immigration' started by karenn1617, Jun 19, 2019.

  1. Hi,
    A person who is working as a LIBRARIAN can be applied under the Self Employed Persons category as technically a LIBRARIAN can't work as self-employed.
    Got a work experience of 10+ years.
    Please guide.
  2. hi
    I think that a Librarian can not apply for self employ,maybe you can try express entry.
    Relevant experience for a self-employed person means at least two years of experience.

    It must be during the period starting 5 years before the day you apply and ending on the day we make a decision on your application.

    You can get more points if you have 3, 4, or 5 years of experience.

    At a minimum, your experience must be:

    • for cultural activities:
      1. 2 one-year periods being self-employed in cultural activities, or
      2. 2 one-year periods participating at a world-class level in cultural activities, or
      3. a combination of a one-year period described in (a), and a one-year period described in (b)
    kind regards
    yulie wang
  3. In order to immigrate as a librarian under the self-employed stream since you are not actually self-employed, you need to show that you have "world class experience" participating in cultural activities under your occupation. The onus of providing this world-class experience is on you.

    For instance, someone provided a link to a program they participated in, which won an award. Another person provided links to their writing, which won awards even though they have a full-time job doing something else. If you aren't self-employed in your occupation and you can't provide proof of activities on a national, regional or international level within your occupation, then this stream may not be a good idea for you. HTH.

Share This Page