+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Federal court offers settlement of Work Permit

Malkeet1

Star Member
Sep 27, 2017
Hello every one ...i got 5 refusal for work permit with different reason which was totally wrong decision. I got last refusal on 18 march and after that i decided to go for judicial review then .y lawyer filled application for judicial review on 12 april and after some month my lawyer send my application record and after 1 month Immigration Respondent reply that he dont intend to file and on the same day my lawyer got pdf letter from Department of justice stated following....
Kindly be advised that, upon the Applicant filing a Notice of Discontinuance at the Federal Court,
the Respondent consents to set aside the decision of a Visa Officer dated March 18, 2021, refusing
the Applicant’s work permit application.
The terms of our consent are that this matter be referred to a different visa officer for re-
determination on a without costs basis. The Applicant will be granted an opportunity to make
additional submissions in support of their application. Please also note that there may be delays in
processing any re-determination due to the ongoing impacts of COVID-19 on operations.
If these terms are agreeable to you, please file a Notice of Discontinuance at the Federal Court at
your earliest opportunity. I look forward to hearing from you.
Yours truly,

So my lawyer told me to decide that what i want to do ...they gave me two follwing option ..
Received this email today. We have 2 options...

If we file discontinuance his file will be assigned to a new visa officer who will review the file again and decide. This will be quicker.
or else
We can continue to pursue this matter and let a justice decide . The justice will either deny this application or allow it. If it’s allowed it will be assigned to a new visa officer for review..

So i decided to go for option 1 that for Discontinuance file from federal court..
They filled application for Discontinuance on 19 july 2021.
Till now my application is not re open..please tell me that pdf letter from Department of justice was offer of settlement or that was something else ??
If yes then how long it can take to re open file again and what is chances of approval now. My file was refuse from india.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello every one ...i got 5 refusal for work permit with different reason which was totally wrong decision. I got last refusal on 18 march and after that i decided to go for judicial review then .y lawyer filled application for judicial review on 12 april and after some month my lawyer send my application record and after 1 month Immigration Respondent reply that he dont intend to file and on the same day my lawyer got pdf letter from Department of justice stated following....
Kindly be advised that, upon the Applicant filing a Notice of Discontinuance at the Federal Court,
the Respondent consents to set aside the decision of a Visa Officer dated March 18, 2021, refusing
the Applicant’s work permit application.
The terms of our consent are that this matter be referred to a different visa officer for re-
determination on a without costs basis. The Applicant will be granted an opportunity to make
additional submissions in support of their application. Please also note that there may be delays in
processing any re-determination due to the ongoing impacts of COVID-19 on operations.
If these terms are agreeable to you, please file a Notice of Discontinuance at the Federal Court at
your earliest opportunity. I look forward to hearing from you.
Yours truly,

So my lawyer told me to decide that what i want to do ...they gave me two follwing option ..
Received this email today. We have 2 options...

If we file discontinuance his file will be assigned to a new visa officer who will review the file again and decide. This will be quicker.
or else
We can continue to pursue this matter and let a justice decide . The justice will either deny this application or allow it. If it’s allowed it will be assigned to a new visa officer for review..

So i decided to go for option 1 that for Discontinuance file from federal court..
They filled application for Discontinuance on 19 july 2021.
Till now my application is not re open..please tell me that pdf letter from Department of justice was offer of settlement or that was something else ??
If yes then how long it can take to re open file again and what is chances of approval now. My file was refuse from india.
I think you need to speak with your lawyer about all of your questions. I expect you won't get any real advice here.

It's extremely rare that we see people here appeal a work permit refusal.

Good luck.