Interview........
02-12-2008
Passport Req..
28-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2009
LANDED..........
10-03-2010
I have a question for someone like PMM. I'm a Honduran Resident and I'm trying to apply as a Quebec Skilled Worker, I have a valid CSQ which I obtained on December 2008. As CIC website states, my application for the Federal part of the procedure should be sent to the CIC office responsible for the country I live in, this CIC office would be Guatemala, which is what I did. Four days ago, I received a package from CIC Guatemala with my application returned and a letter stating that all Federal Applications are to be sent to Sydney, NS. According to CIC website, this is true if I'm applying through Federal and not Quebec so I'm confused now as to what to do. So thus far I waited three months just to have my file returned.

To double check, I called my local Embassy since the website states differently and they tell me the website is wrong and that Guatemala does not give PRs anymore and that CIC Mexico handles all Central America now. I sent an email to both CIC Guatemala and Mexico explaining this situation, CIC Mexico responded that since I'm a Honduran resident, they can't process my application and link me to CIC website highlighting Honduras applicants should apply through GUATEMALA. I called CIC Costa Rica (just looking for a third confirmation to what I already know) and they in fact state Guatemala does extend PRs to Honduran nationals.

Now CIC Guatemala does not answer a phone and won't answer an email unless you have a number file, which I don't and I can't fax them since I have no fax machine available. What do I do now? Where can I get someone who will tell me what is the correct way of doing this? I have one person saying website is wrong, Guatemala sending me to Sydney and Mexico/Costa Rica saying is Guatemala.

Further note, I did send the Immigration Canada original CSQ document so they must have seen it was a Quebec Skilled Worker application and not a FSW.

Can someone please advice what to do???????

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

zygurn said:
I have a question for someone like PMM. I'm a Honduran Resident and I'm trying to apply as a Quebec Skilled Worker, I have a valid CSQ which I obtained on December 2008. As CIC website states, my application for the Federal part of the procedure should be sent to the CIC office responsible for the country I live in, this CIC office would be Guatemala, which is what I did. Four days ago, I received a package from CIC Guatemala with my application returned and a letter stating that all Federal Applications are to be sent to Sydney, NS. According to CIC website, this is true if I'm applying through Federal and not Quebec so I'm confused now as to what to do. So thus far I waited three months just to have my file returned.

To double check, I called my local Embassy since the website states differently and they tell me the website is wrong and that Guatemala does not give PRs anymore and that CIC Mexico handles all Central America now. I sent an email to both CIC Guatemala and Mexico explaining this situation, CIC Mexico responded that since I'm a Honduran resident, they can't process my application and link me to CIC website highlighting Honduras applicants should apply through GUATEMALA. I called CIC Costa Rica (just looking for a third confirmation to what I already know) and they in fact state Guatemala does extend PRs to Honduran nationals.

Now CIC Guatemala does not answer a phone and won't answer an email unless you have a number file, which I don't and I can't fax them since I have no fax machine available. What do I do now? Where can I get someone who will tell me what is the correct way of doing this? I have one person saying website is wrong, Guatemala sending me to Sydney and Mexico/Costa Rica saying is Guatemala.

Further note, I did send the Immigration Canada original CSQ document so they must have seen it was a Quebec Skilled Worker application and not a FSW.

Can someone please advice what to do???????
Someone made a mistake, send it back to them with a covering stating that you have a CSQ, make that prominent.

PMM

zygurn

Star Member
Dec 26, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2009
AOR Received.
09-06-2009
Med's Request
17-08-2009
Med's Done....
14-09-2009
Interview........
02-12-2008
Passport Req..
28-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2009
LANDED..........
10-03-2010
Thank you, PMM. I was just driving myself crazy with all the conflicting answers CIC has given me and I really needed someone like you to tell me I was not wrong. I will do write a letter and will again put the CSQ as the first document they see when they open the package. Guatemala answered my email just half an hour ago stating they in fact should take care of my case, but no apology or explanation as to why they returned my application, I just hope they don't take too much on the email I wrote them back (while subtle I did imply incompetency on their side).

zygurn

Star Member
Dec 26, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2009
AOR Received.
09-06-2009
Med's Request
17-08-2009
Med's Done....
14-09-2009
Interview........
02-12-2008
Passport Req..
28-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2009
LANDED..........
10-03-2010
Hello, PMM.

My file got returned a second time, again for the same cause. CIC Guatemala confirmed by email they are the office responsible to deal with my PR application since I'm a CSQ holder but after sending my file for the second time, they returned it again stating they do not deal with it. I'm at loss as to what to do. I can't communicate with them and I do not know who to talk to since I'm doing everything as it is on the website and I can't talk to the office and apparently they contradict themselves with email responses. Is there any other way to talk/write with someone that will make these people understand they're wrong????????????

Edit: Yes, I put a cover letter with a copy of the emails I had exchanged with the Embassy where they say it's them that take my application and they had previously made a mistake. Cover letter was the first paper on the documents, Email exchange was the 2nd, valid CSQ was the 3rd. They must have seen it.

Pelican

Dec 2, 2009
Hello.
I would like to know what finally happened with your application.
I am in the same situation. I received CSQs for my family and sent the permanent residence application to the visa office as detailed in the letter I received. In my case it was Kingston, Jamaica. The application was sent back to me, asking that I send it to Sydney, Canada.

HELP!

zygurn

Star Member
Dec 26, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2009
AOR Received.
09-06-2009
Med's Request
17-08-2009
Med's Done....
14-09-2009
Interview........
02-12-2008
Passport Req..
28-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2009
LANDED..........
10-03-2010
Hi, Pelican

I apologize since I just noticed your post. My application was processed after I sent the application a 3rd time. I had to write up a cover letter with the procedures for QSW and FSW clearly laid out and the contents of the letter were short from calling them incompetents. I did exchange emails once more with them and they offered their deepest apologies for the mix up and asked me to write out the Q# written in the sent-to-Sydney-letter on the envelope along with the word URGENT. I sent my file on June and got PR in November. I think they expedited my file since it was their fault it was delayed but I won't know for sure till I order CAIPS. I hope my experience helps you.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
congrats. this is good news and by the way, nicely handled.

Pelican

Dec 2, 2009
Zygurn,

Thanks for the response. I resent my application along with a cover letter and a copy of the documents I received stating where I should send my application. I hope it doesn't get sent back a 2nd time.

Happy New Year!

zygurn

Star Member
Dec 26, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2009
AOR Received.
09-06-2009
Med's Request
17-08-2009
Med's Done....
14-09-2009
Interview........
02-12-2008
Passport Req..
28-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2009
LANDED..........
10-03-2010
Pelican,

My case was processed in Guatemala (takes 15 months to process according to CIC), I know of another case processed in Vienna that got sent back just like ours (his was processed after it was sent the 2nd time). It seems sometimes CIC doesn't get the whole instructions or bother to read them. Let me know if you get AOR.