16-03-2011
Med's Done....
15-04-2011
Passport Req..
25-10-2011
McFly said:
Congrats Gauravyaksh... It's moving for October ppl as well now :D
Hi McFly,

I'm a Nov'2010 applicant. seems Buffalo is on fastrack mode ;) (touch wood)
good for all of us !

sher_singh

Jun 19, 2010
Hi all just got this information from some other site regarding Medical Exams.. Could you please add more details in it if you think there are more tests you need to go through or more things you need to take with you including the following one?

When the Medical Request is issued by the Local Visa Office, the Principal Applicant together with the Dependents must have their Medical Exams with the Designated Medical Practitioners (DMP). To determine the DMP in your particular country, you may go to the CIC site for the DMP Listing.

What are the tests to be performed?
■Eye vision test
■Physical Examination (including chest, breast exam and genital area for male). An interview will be conducted for confirmation on any major operation, drinking/smoking
habits,PTB, blood transfusion)
■Urinalysis. For females, schedule your medical exams 7 days after the last day of your monthly period.
■Blood Chemistry
■HIV/AIDS Testing
■Chest X-ray

What are the things to bring for the medical examination?
■Medical Request (MR) letter and Section A from Local Visa Office
■Biopsy Report, Chest X-Ray, Medical certificate (i.e. Surgery and Immunization Record for the kid/s) if there are any historical ailments
■5 passport size picture
(of wht size and their format? need to write anything on the back of pictures too?)
■Passport and one photocopy of it
■Cash
(how much usually?)

nkusi

Star Member
Mar 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
14 March 2011
Med's Request
14 March 2011
Med's Done....
21 March 2011
Passport Req..
6 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
15 September 2011
LANDED..........
25 September 2011
sher_singh said:
Hi all just got this information from some other site regarding Medical Exams.. Could you please add more details in it if you think there are more tests you need to go through or more things you need to take with you including the following one?

When the Medical Request is issued by the Local Visa Office, the Principal Applicant together with the Dependents must have their Medical Exams with the Designated Medical Practitioners (DMP). To determine the DMP in your particular country, you may go to the CIC site for the DMP Listing.

What are the tests to be performed?
■Eye vision test
■Physical Examination (including chest, breast exam and genital area for male). An interview will be conducted for confirmation on any major operation, drinking/smoking
habits,PTB, blood transfusion)
■Urinalysis. For females, schedule your medical exams 7 days after the last day of your monthly period.
■Blood Chemistry
■HIV/AIDS Testing
■Chest X-ray

What are the things to bring for the medical examination?
■Medical Request (MR) letter and Section A from Local Visa Office
■Biopsy Report, Chest X-Ray, Medical certificate (i.e. Surgery and Immunization Record for the kid/s) if there are any historical ailments
■5 passport size picture
(of wht size and their format? need to write anything on the back of pictures too?)

■Passport and one photocopy of it
■Cash
(how much usually?)

Be sure to read your medical form , mine mentioned the sections that the doctor had to (MUST) fill in. So , you better read that
If I remember correctly , they required one PP photo, and had no restriction for its the format.
I paid 195 CAD (did my medicals at CMIPQ , here is their website http://www.cmipq.com/)

nkusi

Star Member
Mar 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
14 March 2011
Med's Request
14 March 2011
Med's Done....
21 March 2011
Passport Req..
6 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
15 September 2011
LANDED..........
25 September 2011
Hi all ! hope you had a good weekend .
Anybody with good news ???

:p

nkusi.

okwama2002

Star Member
Mar 6, 2011
Hey Nkusi,
I have a quick question. I did my meds in July and applied thru Buffalo. Can I call Ottawa to ask them if they got my med reports. I live in the US and was wondering if that is possible. I called one of the numbers I got from your posts and the call was received by a seminary. I guess they may have changed numbers.
Asante (Thanks)

nkusi

Star Member
Mar 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
14 March 2011
Med's Request
14 March 2011
Med's Done....
21 March 2011
Passport Req..
6 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
15 September 2011
LANDED..........
25 September 2011
okwama2002 said:
Hey Nkusi,
I have a quick question. I did my meds in July and applied thru Buffalo. Can I call Ottawa to ask them if they got my med reports. I live in the US and was wondering if that is possible. I called one of the numbers I got from your posts and the call was received by a seminary. I guess they may have changed numbers.
Asante (Thanks)
If U had took exams in

Did U call today ?? because today was the labor day. It is a holiday in Canada.
May be you should try tomorrow .

and if you live in US , are U sure your medicals are sent to Ottawa ?? I know for people Canada residents, their medicals are sent to Ottawa , but I am not sure if it is the same process for US resident. First, try to find if your medical will transit to Ottawa.

have a nice evening & keep :p

jioni njema , ndugu !

nkusi.

okwama2002

Star Member
Mar 6, 2011
Nkusi,

Thanks for your quick reply. Its labor day here too.I called sometime back, a week or two ago and the call went straight to a seminary. Ottawa is indicated in the medical request forms that the embassy sent me. Residents of Canada and the US deal with buffalo, One of the differences tho is that our files are not transferred to other consulates once we apply. Your Swahili is really neat but your name really looks South African if you dont mind. Thanks so much, I will call again and tell you what happens.
Asante

hanisuliman

Jul 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/6/2011
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
13/11/2011
File Transfer...
Detroit 17/02/2012
Med's Done....
15/11/2011
Passport Req..
30/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
2/4/2012
LANDED..........
2/4/2012
Hello,

I got my BD cashed on August 22, and i see beside the date of en-cash a reference no. Is this my file no. or what? please note that there is only no. of 9 digits without letters.

nkusi

Star Member
Mar 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
14 March 2011
Med's Request
14 March 2011
Med's Done....
21 March 2011
Passport Req..
6 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
15 September 2011
LANDED..........
25 September 2011
Oh God .... At last ... at last , I just got my PPR email !
Glory be to the Father of Creation .

nkusi.

hanisuliman

Jul 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/6/2011
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
13/11/2011
File Transfer...
Detroit 17/02/2012
Med's Done....
15/11/2011
Passport Req..
30/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
2/4/2012
LANDED..........
2/4/2012
nkusi said:

nkusi.
congratulationnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn ...happy for you and hope for the others soon

sher_singh

Jun 19, 2010
nkusi said:
nkusi.
wowww ...many many congratulations to u , finally u made it :p :p ...gud luck :p

tisu09

May 2, 2010
Congratulation to Que100 and nkusi! :D
BTW, last week, I asked my friend to pick up the VISA for me in Buffalo and now I am PR after landing in Saint-Bernard-de-Lacolle. Hope everyone here would get PR soon :)

bigkev82

Sep 13, 2010
congrats to you and congrats to me, i received ePPR this morning as well, passport and photos sent this afternoon. Now, just one final wait for canada post.

Kev

fairooz

Star Member
Feb 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
congratulations to you all and may God bless you for this new exciting journey you are about to start! :D