Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
craiglist and kijiji montreal,

Yet think it be better if you know s.o in Mtl and stay there then you can look for a place to rent. the reason are Montreal is huge and at times unsafe too(depending of sectors). you'd like to be in a good neighborhood and not travel long distance to access basic things
Lease are 1yr normally so make sure u like the place... if not u'll have to get s.o else to take over ur lease

cesagbiggeo

Apr 1, 2011
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2010
AOR Received.
16-03-2011
Med's Request
16-03-2011
Med's Done....
22-03-2011
ae03yy said:
craiglist and kijiji montreal,

Yet think it be better if you know s.o in Mtl and stay there then you can look for a place to rent. the reason are Montreal is huge and at times unsafe too(depending of sectors). you'd like to be in a good neighborhood and not travel long distance to access basic things
Lease are 1yr normally so make sure u like the place... if not u'll have to get s.o else to take over ur lease
SOS Help...!
Does anyone can have me for couple days in Montreal before I look for rent?...
Please let me know
I will appreciate
thanks

last4ever

Oct 9, 2010
Baltimore
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 2009
Doc's Request.
sep 09
Nomination.....
nov 09 (CSQ)
AOR Received.
nov 2010
Med's Request
02/03/2011
Med's Done....
04/03/2011
Interview........
nov 09 for CSQ
@wickkk Well it depends on what you budget is, the cheaper ways usually mean long ride and the difference might not be that significant. Once in buffalo you can stay at that hotel that cesa mentionened so that you don't need to worry about getting to the embassy. But the cheapest way which is not that bad by bus is through megabus, you can get the bus to new york syracuse or toronto and from there you can take megabus to buffalo. so from montreal to ny is about 6 hours and from new york which is the farthest of all to buffalo, its about 6 hours, so a 12 hours trip at max or you can find someone on craiglist riding to those area which might be cheaper but not kind of risky

gedubruk

May 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong / Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2009
Nomination.....
16-08-2010
AOR Received.
16-03-2011
Med's Request
16-03-2011
Med's Done....
20-03- 2011
Interview........
16-08- 2010
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
Hi cesagbiggeo,

so much that some of us want to help but perhaps like my self we are already leaving with 2 other roommates or family that will make our decision to help not as easy as we want. I do hope you find some one that have their own place to help, however if you didn't find any one by the time you suppose to come here, if you may I will suggest you to do what I did when I came to MTL for the first time.

I would suggest you to find a room to rent first rather then sign your own lease. As every one said, let your self adapt with the city at least cpl months, and that way too, you could leave the room easier if you don't like it.

While in MTL, rent a bunk bed in cheap hostel around the city (the one with safe locker facility, as I know you will bring all your important documents with you), like when you did in Buffallo I suppose. But before arriving here, do your homework, look for the potential rooms from craiglist and kijiji, ask them where about in the city the app is( google map it), and if you think is reasonable distance, book an appointment. Try to book 5 apps in a day or so. So once you arrive in MTL all you need to do from morning till pm is to visit all those rooms you have selected.

My experience, I allow my self to do this room hunting at least 3 days, to avoid spending extra money in the hostel. After 3 days, at least you have to make a deal with the one you like the most. After all, this is not suppose to be your dream home, but should be comfortable enough for you to leave in until the time you find your own.

And as I said, if you don't like it, normally you can break the room rent easier within a month staying or so.

This was work find when I came here. As for my self, after spending 2 years here in MTL, I am ready to find my own place as soon as I get the PR and all documents in hand.

Well, I do hope that you can find some one to help you with the temporary home situation (as that will the best first scenario). otherhwise if you have problem in the beginning while in MTL , you could contact one of us here again, and I will gladly help you go around the city or some thing.

fallsage

Star Member
Aug 17, 2010
ae03yy said:
no kiddin!!! fallsage do u know the procedure (like how to apply and qualify)... think i ll start lookin into this option now at least it will keep me away from dreaming on how to kick Buffalo & Seattle a%&!
Lol. Good night to all Hopefully next week and month will bring good news to even 2011 applicants....
:D We haven't talked about details. We still believe we'll get ppr soon.
If we can't hold it anymore and start collecting information about Australian immigration, you will be the first to know :D

fallsage

Star Member
Aug 17, 2010
cesagbiggeo said:
SOS Help...!
Please let me know
I will appreciate
thanks
Sorry, cesagbiggeo, I can't accommodate you cuz I don't have a spacious apt.
Do you mind stay in a family hostel? I know several ones, but the owners are Chinese.
For a whole family, their prices are much cheaper.
If you are interested, I can give you their emails or phone no.
If you come along, maybe youth hostel is more suitable for you.

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
fallsage said:
:D We haven't talked about details. We still believe we'll get ppr soon.
If we can't hold it anymore and start collecting information about Australian immigration, you will be the first to know :D
yeah i went to check the timeline and can assure u that kangooroo aren't faster option.

i didn't really thought further about Australia but was lookin for sthg to keep me busy :)
i only do 2.5-3hrs a day at work now and that is if/when they schedule me.... really can't wait for PR status to step out free from this financial agony and servitude my boss is creating

biochemgal09

Mar 25, 2010
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-July-2011
AOR Received.
11-Nov-2011
Med's Request
11-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
21-Nov-2011
Passport Req..
26-April-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-May-2013 (Recvd PPts)
I feel for you AEO. good things happen to good people, you are good people. Hang in there, dear friend. :)

nkusi

Star Member
Mar 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
14 March 2011
Med's Request
14 March 2011
Med's Done....
21 March 2011
Passport Req..
6 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
15 September 2011
LANDED..........
25 September 2011
cesagbiggeo said:
hi folks
I'm looking for a website where I can look up for apartment in Montreal..can anyone can help me at all.......!
Thanks
Hello Cesag !

First, allow me to offer a piece of advice. Do not look for an apartment right away. Unless you have enough experience of Montreal.
In quebec, before entering the apart., you will have to sign a bail (some kinda contract between you and the landlord) ... it is kinda bind you to the apart for a certain period of time.
Second, most aparts are not furnished. You will have to buy your furniture, oven ,cups (just try to picture yourself in an empty apart that you will equip. not pretty , ha ???). The good side of having your own apart. is freedom and tranquility.

My advice for U : Look for a room (chambre). There is no bail (contract), nonetheless you should be honest and tell the owner how long you plan to stay (he is also trying to run his business, hence you will help if you precise how long you will stay). And most of the rooms are equipped (oven , stencil, ..... sometime you can even negotiate to have internet and phone included in your mothly pay). This will ease the communication (address, phone number.....). However this option has a cost : sharing your space (bathroom , living room , stencils , oven...) with somebody else. If they are good guys (orderly and cooperating) then everything is fine , otherwise you will suffer for a while (disorder , loud music .....). But you can get out anytime you want .

I guess you have a choice to make.

for the websites , here are two:
http://www.uni-logi.com/rechercherLogements.do
http://montreal.kijiji.ca/f-real-estate-room-rental-roommates-W0QQCatIdZ36

Oh, fella ... you got some work trying to find a place. Comme on dit ici: "Tu as du pain sur le plancher". Courage !!

Stay blessed.

nkusi

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
cesagbiggeo said:
SOS Help...!
Please let me know
I will appreciate
thanks
As a matter of fact, i don't live in Mtl anymore so my appt cant really be an option for those heading to Mtl.

Looking for a room, looks like a great idea. It's cheap but can also give you a taste of Quebec culture, given that you stay in Quebecois household. ;D

biochemgal09

Mar 25, 2010
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-July-2011
AOR Received.
11-Nov-2011
Med's Request
11-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
21-Nov-2011
Passport Req..
26-April-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-May-2013 (Recvd PPts)
cessagbi,

I found this on Craigslist. its a room available in Montreal.

http://montreal.en.craigslist.ca/apa/2538764204.html

and go through this link to find rooms or roommates. I am sure you might find something promising.

http://montreal.en.craigslist.ca/roo/

noelisa

Aug 18, 2011
Also interested in a 4 1/2 (2 bedrooms) furnished apartment or house in Montreal area for three months, starting November. I have found some on craigslist.com but still looking for more options. My budget caps at $1100/month. Any help will definately be appreciated!

stanka

Star Member
Mar 17, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear comrades,
how long does it take to get medicals after being able to access ecas?
I can access it since 12th of August, but yet received no medicals.

hanisuliman

Jul 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/6/2011
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
13/11/2011
File Transfer...
Detroit 17/02/2012
Med's Done....
15/11/2011
Passport Req..
30/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
2/4/2012
LANDED..........
2/4/2012
happy Eid-ul Fitr

match

Nov 3, 2010
Hi from Buffalo!

I got here yesterday to submit my passport. I went to the consulate here today at around 7:30am, and got the PR sticker and the Co-PR by around 8:45am. It helps to go early, you get it all back pretty fast! I'm looking forward to landing as an immigrant tonight at Trudeau Airport.

I wish you all the best, and I pray that you all maintain the courage and strength that has shined through you all this long. I will be praying for you all.

Additionally, i want to thank each and everyone one of you for the help, guidance, and support you have provided me with. You have been an invaluable part of this journey for me, and you made the wait MUCH more bearable. Even though I've never met any of you, I certainly feel like i know you.

Best wishes, and God Bless!

Match