Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
subinense said:
Hey everybody,

I'm glad I found this forum, because honestly, I'm starting to go nuts. I'm glad to have u on board too.. me gusta el idioma espanol! y tanbien la comida.

Here are my dates:

Application to Buffalo (sent CSQ and everything) : Apr 2010
Begin processing/medicals : Jun 2010
Transfer to Detroit and Background records : Sept 2010
Sent records and RPRF $$ as demanded : Nov 2010
ABSOLUTELY NOTHING SINCE
I'll add you to the timeline on Friday
I sent a info request but got no answer. I decided to send a request for update once a week now. You should do te same and see if your perseverance pays out. Are these delays normal ???They have 14 months now, and you're in the 13th. So be agressive friend and don't give up! I know it has some political background linked to the last election... but I hope really really hope next timeline from CIC won't be worse.

It's been 7 months, I'm now on a NAFTA work permit with a mediocre job. I know what u mean my job is great and in my field but my boss... ayayay, what a boss! I saw some of you got everything really quick and others are still waiting. Anyways, I felt better just by reading your posts. Thanks.

I'm from Mexico, btw.

fallsage

Star Member
Aug 17, 2010
subinense said:
fallsage... do you recommend getting a CAIPS file at this point ?

ittech... how do you know when the website is updated ?

Cheers!
Yes, get your CAIPS ASAP. CAIPS may not help a lot, but at least we can get trivial information.

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
ittech said:
Dernière mise à jour trimestrielle : le 27 avril 2011

the next one will be in august 2011 :p
i thought it would get updated at the end of this month? maybe my maths is wrong...

Quaterly: January to December 31, 2010 = end of Jan 11
Quarterly: April 1, 2010 to March 31, 2011 = Apr-27-11
Quaterly: July 1, 2010 to June 30, 2011 = I hope end of Jul-11
Quarerly: October 1, 2010 to September 30, 2011 = I hope end of Oct-11

subinense

Jul 18, 2011
Gracias ae03yy !!

I just faxed my CAIPS request, thanks fullsage... 6 more weeks, gotta love the waiting game !

Those who have already received a Passport request, how did you get it ? By mail ? e-mail ? Did something change on the site before getting it or just one day out of the blue it appeared in you mailbox ?

;D

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
fallsage said:
Yes, get your CAIPS ASAP. CAIPS may not help a lot, but at least we can get trivial information.
Yes get CAIPS asap and send an email every 2 days to:
- dtrot @ international.gc.ca
- detroit-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca

If nothing comes through after the third attempt then use this link to submit case enquiry after reading the following:
Status Request for Files in Process--Please Note
You MUST submit in writing any questions regarding the status of an application in process, either by letter, fax or e-mail (see below). Please provide your full name, date of birth and file number with your request. If the request is made by mail or fax, please sign your request as well. Due to the provisions of the Canadian Privacy Act, we cannot provide any personal information, including the status of your file, by telephone. We will not respond to a status enquiry submitted within the normal processing time.
To send your Case-specific enquiries by e-mail, please click https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=detroit.

Wait 2 more days and then send a fax to Detroit and include a copy of following link. request to get e-PPR as it would be the 5th request unanswered
- Fax: 24 hours - (313) 567-2125
- Fax 313-567-2164

ACCORDING TO DETROIT TIMELINE YOURS IS PAST DUE: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/detroit/offices-bureaux/hours-heures.aspx?lang=eng

Now if 2 days elaps and your still waiting send another email to both emails again but this time tell them the link for Detroit timeline and all attempts you made and that the last mail you responded was back in Nov-2010.

Then copy the same email into a letter format. Add your previous attempts to get PPR, mention if/when you got CAIPS provide them the link for their timeline and say it is now your 7th request for PPR and mail it altogether in 2 days. I doubt they won't react this time.

BUENA SUERTE!

wcikkk

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I suddenly wondered..

Is the 14 months of processing time starting from the date of issuing AOR or the date of application sent?

If the processing time purely means the time it takes from AOR to PPR, the actual processing time could 14 months + few extra months.

Anyway, CIC will soon update their quaterly estimated processing time.

I can bare 14 months + 1 or 2 extra, but cannot bare if it exceeds 18+

In that case, I might have to seriously consider dropping my case, bumbing Buffalo, and returning to my country :D nice

subinense

Jul 18, 2011
Way to go ae03yy ! I'm so doing that !

I've got a job offer for begging of September, so I'm really crossing my fingers this is almost over.

match

Nov 3, 2010
I'm starting to really worry that the BF'd date brings no news!....

If only buffalo understood that they are putting so many people's lives on pause!

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
fallsage said:
only one sentence about my fingerprints check by RCMP
Back to my question about CAIPS: I have

CLIENT DATE STATUS MEDICAL
FAMILY MEMBERS ID OF BIRTH SEC CRIM STAGE VALIDITY
ae03yy 12345678 dd-mm-yyyy M03 dd-mm-yyyy

there's nothing under SEC CRIM in my caips...do you have the same thing too folks? I getting paranoid now, i think :p

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
match said:
I'm starting to really worry that the BF'd date brings no news!....

If only buffalo understood that they are putting so many people's lives on pause!
hi match what up? i was about to ask for you... since we have same timeline i was wondering if you got smthg...anything!

fairooz

Star Member
Feb 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ae03yy said:
Back to my question about CAIPS: I have

CLIENT DATE STATUS MEDICAL
FAMILY MEMBERS ID OF BIRTH SEC CRIM STAGE VALIDITY
ae03yy 12345678 dd-mm-yyyy M03 dd-mm-yyyy

there's nothing under SEC CRIM in my caips...do you have the same thing too folks? I getting paranoid now, i think :p
mines empty as well

ittech

Star Member
Jul 10, 2011
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2011
AOR Received.
11-11-2011
Med's Request
11-11-2011
Med's Done....
01-12-2011
Passport Req..
11-04-2012 sent 07-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2012:) hamdolilah
LANDED..........
next month :) inchalah
Normal processing times (from date of receipt at a Visa office of Detroit) are:

Temporary Residence
Temporary Resident Visa (visitor visa): 10 working days
Study Permit: 28 days
Work Permit: 28 days
Rehabilitation application: 6 months
Temporary Resident Permit: 6 months

Permanent Residence

Family class:
Spouse, common-law partner, children: 8 months
Parents and grand-parents: 24 months

Economic class:
Skilled worker (federal): 18 months
Skilled workers (Quebec): 8 months
Business (Investor, entrepreneur, self-employed): 8 months

Refugee class: 8 months

I hope my case will be transfred to Detroit :p

match

Nov 3, 2010
ae03yy said:
hi match what up? i was about to ask for you... since we have same timeline i was wondering if you got smthg...anything!
nothing at all! a few months ago i was planning on getting CAIPS, but never did. I'm considering doing that now.