+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Federal application for QUEBEC workers from Buffalo, USA

hadal

Dec 13, 2010
Hi guys,

These days, I'm seeing people who applied 2-4 weeks before me under QSW and from Montreal getting their passport requests. So, I think the best way is to try to stay calm which I know is very difficult and wait a little more. We will have our PR in hand very soon:) Just for you guys to know, My application was received in Buffalo on August 31, 2010.

Enjoy the day,

Hadal

help101

Star Member
Jun 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 18, 2011
Doc's Request.
March 11, 2013
AOR Received.
October 27, 2011
File Transfer...
July 7, 2012
Med's Request
February 21, 2013
Med's Done....
February 27, 2013
Passport Req..
April 22, 2013
I'm really amazed by the power of waiting that some of you showed in this forum... I don't know if I can handle that much of waiting time :(

anyhow, i know i still have long WAIT to go, but I wanted to ask a quick question: how long does it take before a case appear on ecas after your cashier check or money order has been cashed ?
also, since I'm the few of you that applied outside of Canada (i.e., in USA), does anybody have an idea of a typical timeline for me? is it faster, slower, or the same?

gauravyaksh

Star Member
Jun 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2010
Doc's Request.
24-08-2011
AOR Received.
16-03-2011
Med's Request
16-03-2011
Med's Done....
15-04-2011
Passport Req..
25-10-2011
Hi Hadal,

That's great news ! Hope u receive something from Buffalo in coming weeks, keep us all posted.

Regards,
Gaurav

gauravyaksh

Star Member
Jun 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2010
Doc's Request.
24-08-2011
AOR Received.
16-03-2011
Med's Request
16-03-2011
Med's Done....
15-04-2011
Passport Req..
25-10-2011
Hello help 101,

Guess you'll learn to be patient with time, there is no other option and nothing we can do :(
I applied on 20th-nov-2010 and got acknowledgment in March-2011 and only after that could i check the status of my application on e-cas.

Hope it helps, all d best to you.

regards,
Gaurav

wcikkk

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hadal said:
Hi guys,

These days, I'm seeing people who applied 2-4 weeks before me under QSW and from Montreal getting their passport requests. So, I think the best way is to try to stay calm which I know is very difficult and wait a little more. We will have our PR in hand very soon:) Just for you guys to know, My application was received in Buffalo on August 31, 2010.

Enjoy the day,

Hadal
That's a great news!!
I sent my application on second week of August, but somehow eCAS says it was received on November 4.
AOR+med request were issued on March 28.
I'm gonna send another CAIPS request tmr. Hope to have something new on it this time.

Clément007

Jun 28, 2011
Hi everybody
i sent my application August the 15 2010 and i m still waiting, in my e cas it is always IN PROCESS
hope the have something new soon

thanks

help101

Star Member
Jun 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 18, 2011
Doc's Request.
March 11, 2013
AOR Received.
October 27, 2011
File Transfer...
July 7, 2012
Med's Request
February 21, 2013
Med's Done....
February 27, 2013
Passport Req..
April 22, 2013
@gauravyaksh
thanks, i really hope we all get some good news very soon!

admontreal

Feb 15, 2011
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

I hope you are all doing well with this "waiting drama"... :D

Buffalo received my application on February 16th (19 weeks ago) and I haven't got any AOR/Medicals yet. I can't even see my ecas for the moment. I thought it was possible after an average of 18 weeks. Especially that they encashed my postal draft on April 21st.

I would like to know what's the best and fastest clinic to have the medical tests in Montréal.

As well, I'd like to know when they started the background checks for each of you guys, if you have the informations, and how long it took.

Thank you and God Bless ;)

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
wcikkk said:
That's a great news!!
I sent my application on second week of August, but somehow eCAS says it was received on November 4.
AOR+med request were issued on March 28.
I'm gonna send another CAIPS request tmr. Hope to have something new on it this time.
Should I ask ppl I know to attempt smthg so as to exit the process faster? That's a debate i had within my head for months now. I work with public servants and once was proposed if i wanted to end my pain faster. I try to not do that though it's soooo tempting, because I know there are ppl before me and all files have their story. Besides, I wanna be proud of winning this race after 15yrs of battle. Yes you heard it right...In about 2 mths, I'll entered my 16th year in Canada as foreigner, temporary resident, and so forth. It's my second application for PR: I began this process in nov 2007 under FSW, but received a denial based on a mistake made by the immigration agent. I then reapplied afresh throught QSW. In my job, I deal with public servant everyday. One of them told me he helped an employee of his to obtain Citizenship after 1 yr 1/2 as PR because he had contacts. He told me also if I need him he's willing to make a call on my behalf.

Is it ethical or not to agree to his proposal? I don't want to answer it for you. All I know is I truly want to get PR and be free at last yet for me the ethical way would be wait your turn... just like you go to Timmies and wait wait and when it's your turn someone comes in and gets served before you. Would you be pissed off? I bet! Now look at this second scenario where you're awaiting your turn to use the public bathroom. You can't hold yourself and for that reason decide to bang at the door. A big man/pregnant lady comes out not really happy... what do you do? will you run in the bathroom? will you apologize? I wuld because it's not proper to rush others and especially as we don't have a clue of why this person takes time. We only see our needs not others and decide it is a priority but down it's more like everyone has its own story to tell. We might be a priority but the stranger that just came and yet got served might also see his need as a priority. It is not fair but then if we were this person and in other circumstance we might have done the same.

Patience is a talent i guess we receive as gift. To cool myself down I imagine if i was getting PR first it won't be fair to Freedom who applied before me.. It won't be nice to get what we want faster because we can afford paying more, will it? God knows who deserves to get PR first, not me! So, I tell myself that he should put me whereever he so decides for me to exit. Meanwhile i learn about earning my phD in Patience knowing no matter the end of the tunnel is near like Hadal said!!

help101

Star Member
Jun 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 18, 2011
Doc's Request.
March 11, 2013
AOR Received.
October 27, 2011
File Transfer...
July 7, 2012
Med's Request
February 21, 2013
Med's Done....
February 27, 2013
Passport Req..
April 22, 2013
@ae03yy
nice post!!! i like it!

i thought u already have a correspondence from buffalo on the way? it is most likely yr PPR request. i would just wait for a couple more days since canada post just ended their strike

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
help101 said:
@ ae03yy
nice post!!! i like it!

i thought u already have a correspondence from buffalo on the way? it is most likely yr PPR request. i would just wait for a couple more days since canada post just ended their strike
Got CAIPS 2day: they're saying Bring Forward Date is 27-08-2011. In my notes they also state M03 for Medical Code and so it gives me a bad bad feeling................. Hope the letter won't be another denial guys, really hope when they decide to send me smthg it's good news for us all.

Que100

Star Member
Jun 25, 2010
Guys l understand the fustration. I sent my application 10th of August, 2010 and am tired of sending mails to Buffalo. Each time l send mail it comes with the standard response of "your file is in queue for a review". I know we are all close but it seems there is nothing we can do.

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
Hey Que100,

Was getting worried about you not posting. How are you? Since ton40 got pr both you and ans kind of disappeared. I missed you 2 and am delighted to know you're still holding the flame of hope for all !

can't wait to hear from ans now... maybe he's got good news to share.

nkusi

Star Member
Mar 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
14 March 2011
Med's Request
14 March 2011
Med's Done....
21 March 2011
Passport Req..
6 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
15 September 2011
LANDED..........
25 September 2011
@ ae03yy

Fella , thanks for your compassion for others fellow humans. You try to consider everybody's feelings and I respect you for that. But try to imagine a little bit what would have happened if the woman in the story had not tried to push the system through Radio-Canada (http://www.radio-canada.ca/nouvelles/National/2011/06/27/001-immigration-canada-spackova.shtml).

In my opinion, the question is not you asking for the favor. Because you have the right of getting the service you paid for, in the first place. In other BVC , they answer emails (and in some cases, agents sign with their real names) , they take phones (may be not all the BVC, but I know some who do , because I tried and they responded) , they update people in time by emails (when your status change, you get an email before a letter . Like that, you don't have to go crazy checking your ecas & emails every hour ... You know that if something arrives you will be notified by the fastest means ,before the letter arrives)..... None of these service seems to exist in Buffalo (at least, I received none).... So, in my opinion, the question is not that of a line or you putting disorder in the system (there already is quite a dose of it)

I know I am behind you (in timeline) , but even if I was before you I would urge the same thing: "If you have a window, go ahead and take the shot". It is an already broken system, and no rational (waiting) applicant will blame you.

Have a nice evening ,

nkusi.

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
Thks Nkusi. You made a valid point there should we wait "forever" when we paid and yet the system enforced or VO is not cooperative? It gives me smthg to ponder for few days at least... ::)

Anyone else wants to add his view to the topic I raised after reading Nkusi link: What to do if s.o. you know can accelerate the process for PR...Ask for help to exit faster or Wait for VO to wake up?