+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Federal application for QUEBEC workers from Buffalo, USA

ans

Star Member
Aug 14, 2010
Still waiting... But it looks like they cashed the checks for QSW for the whole month of June, so hopefully we should hear something real soon.

ans

Star Member
Aug 14, 2010
Guys, I just got my AOR and medical forms. So excited. It took me three months to get it. Below is my updated timeline.

07 June 2010 - Federal application received at the Buffalo office
25 Aug 2010 - Cashier's check cashed
02 Sep 2010 - AOR and Medical forms

Cheers!

Que100

Star Member
Jun 25, 2010
ans said:
Guys, I just got my AOR and medical forms. So excited. It took me three months to get it. Below is my updated timeline.

Cheers!
Congrat & goodluck with your medical exam.

ton40

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
Great Ans! Congrats and good luck! Lets see now long long it takes to finalize the whole federal process!

nmdgreen

Star Member
Mar 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2010
AOR Received.
for CSQ: 13-12-2010
is there a priority processing on Quebec immigration (CSQ)?

I think I read it somewhere but I am not sure. If there is, what will make an application prioritized?

florida

Mar 12, 2010
ans said:

Cheers!
Hey Ans,
Quick question: do you live in a state close to Buffalo or not really? I live in ... florida and still haven't received any letters and of course I'm freaking out. It's been labour day weekend with no mail delivery, so my anxiety has escalated enormously! =[

ans

Star Member
Aug 14, 2010
florida said:
Hey Ans,
Quick question: do you live in a state close to Buffalo or not really? I live in ... florida and still haven't received any letters and of course I'm freaking out. It's been labour day weekend with no mail delivery, so my anxiety has escalated enormously! =[
Well, I live in Maryland, so it's halfway between you and Buffalo:) The envelope is postmarked Aug.31 so it took them approximately 6 days since the file was opened to mail the documents to me. I hope you get you AOR soon!

ans

Star Member
Aug 14, 2010
nmdgreen said:
is there a priority processing on Quebec immigration (CSQ)?

I think I read it somewhere but I am not sure. If there is, what will make an application prioritized?
There is a list of occupations that are prioritized by Quebec, but that is for the CSQ stage not for the federal. Look it up on the Immigration Quebec website.

florida

Mar 12, 2010
I just received my AOR letter and medicals an hour ago! Almost 3 months after I sent my application to Buffalo. All is good, I'm very happy! Thank you Ans for your response! Next step - medical exam, here we go!

ton40

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
Here you go florida, there is no need to panic ;D ;D ;D
Good luck, guys! I am really happy for you and wish you successful passing on medicals and visa invitations ;D ;D ;D

atlmallu

Apr 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2010
AOR Received.
09-09-2010
Med's Request
09-09-2010
Med's Done....
15-09-2010
Passport Req..
13-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
19-04-2011
LANDED..........
23-04-2011
Received AOR and medical forms in the mail today :) ....dated Sep 2..let me locate a doctor from the CIC website now :)

ton40

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
Good job, guys!
ans, let me know some more about medicals or specially how they drain the blood for blood test, how long does it take? I am very afraid to see a needle going to my vein.... :eek:

ans

Star Member
Aug 14, 2010
ton40 said:
Good job, guys!
ans, let me know some more about medicals or specially how they drain the blood for blood test, how long does it take? I am very afraid to see a needle going to my vein.... :eek:
It took us approximately one hour and a half to complete the medicals. They checked our weight, height, vision. They also took urine samples. For the blood draw they will use the smallest needle if you ask them to. They only need a small amount of your blood to test anyway. And it only takes like 20 seconds may be. The doctor asked us some questions about our medical history (they are all listed on a form that CIC sends directly to a doctor) and done a routine examination (listened to lungs and heart, checked the abdomen, etc.). She was very thorough, though. We signed the forms attesting that we answered the question to the best of our knowledge. The last part, which we had to drive to another place for, was the chest x-ray. We only spent there about ten minutes, they were really quick and efficient, no people in the waiting area also helped. An hour and a half altogether and we were on our way home. Now waiting for the tracking number for our package. Hope this helps.