+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Federal application for QUEBEC workers from Buffalo, USA

florida

Mar 12, 2010
Hi all,
I would like to gather the attention of all Quebec Selected Skilled Workers, who are happy they just got their Certificate of Selection and are applying for permanent residence from the USA - Buffalo. Please let there be any of you out there, because I'm starting to feel alone! I had a successful interview in Manhattan in June ;D, submitted my full application to Buffalo June 14th and since then I have not heard a word from the lovely office :-X. Furthermore my money order/cashier's check has not even been cashed yet - 2 full months later! No AOR letter yet with a file number, no e-mail, not even my full application back with a list of missing documents or something. I find all kinds of topics here for all different cases, mostly about how to obtain the CSQ. Nobody shares what happens next though. In my case - a whole lot of nothing!!! :eek:

If there are more applicants out there, please I beg of you - give me timelines or anything!
Thank you in advance!

ton40

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
Hey dear friend,
I did a little research and in my opinion if all your documents are correct and nothing missing you will get your AOR as well as you medicals in about 2 months after applying. At least I saw it in another forum ;D
We just applied today to Buffalo, so we are on the line two months behind you ;D

ton40

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
It seems that its not so many of us!
But dont you think they delay so much because they are processing all sorts of visas and permanent residents applications for all provinces, quebec and federal skilled workers? I just have the feeling this consulate is really busy, so we have to be patient!

florida

Mar 12, 2010
Thank you so much and welcome abroad!! We are the lonely soldiers :p! Let's see how it all plays out!

ton40

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
Anything new here?
I wonder if the federal application for all the different immigration programs has the same time frame?!

ans

Star Member
Aug 14, 2010
Hi there! Let me join your party. I have sent the documents to Buffalo on June 4, rcvd on June 7th. The check is still not cashed. Any news on your side?

florida

Mar 12, 2010
Nothing just yet. I am hoping at this point no news is good news! Thank you for sharing! We'll keep updating!

ton40

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
Guys I heard most of the people receive AOR and medicals together, maybe thats why they delay so long. I am sure everything is all good with your applications!

fallsage

Star Member
Aug 17, 2010
me me me~~~
I send my application 29 June, and they signed to receive it on July 1st.
And I didn't receive file no. or something.

quebechopefull

Star Member
Mar 21, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
florida said:
Anybody else going to Quebec that currently resides in the USA? :p
I reside in the US and launched my csq application a month ago. I am requesting timelines for people in the US but it seems like we're not many. But if you could please share your csq timeline, that would be great!!!

ans

Star Member
Aug 14, 2010
I applied for CSQ In August 2009, but the file was open in October 2009 due to a credit card mishap.

AOR - November 2009
'Application complete' letter - February 2010
Received CSQ in the mail - March 2010

Best of luck!

ton40

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
hello ans!
Thanks for sharing with us!
Could you please share with us your permanent residence application timeline?

ans

Star Member
Aug 14, 2010
As I mentioned earlier I submitted my application to Buffalo on June 7. Just checked with my bank, check is still not cashed. :( Waiting... And the sad thing is that my check is only valid for another two weeks.

ton40

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
thats all right ans! they say on their website that the check should be valid for 90 days, so its not your fault. they know that so they will cash it ;)